Ashley's game mods for (Mario) Wii Games (Random mods yeah)

Once you get down to texturing, use Substance Painter (find a way to get it), it's an excellent texture program.

Thank you both for the tips! Ive had a hard time to understand UVMap and I still dont think I can bake a good UVMap yet XD

Also, I heard about substance painter from a friend, there is a student license version, amirite? I gotta grab it

What program are you going to use for textures?

Princess Mario said:
What program are you going to use for textures?

I plan on trying Substance Painter for it...or do it by hand, which will probably be a pain ;-;

Do Substance Painter, it will save you misery.

Hello! Haven't logged in here since ages...!

So, last month I had to paint a texture by hand, and I decided to try doing so on my Red Mage. I ended up importing him into Mario Kart 8 before any other game, and well...It was funny!

I'm unsure if I should or should not release him, but anyways, even if I do, I gotta improve the textures a bit (the mouth specially seems a bit weird, it doesnt have the line usually used to separate the lips; Also, the inside is plain color) and create a proper normal map (I used an automatic one but it looks weird specially on the face).

I also gotta learn how to fix/edit normals, since a few, specially on his face, seems a bit weird...

ppAltwa.png

The texture so far:

YCIrfgt.png

Not bad. Have you tried using ambient occlusion?

Back