Ashley's game mods for (Mario) Wii Games (Random mods yeah)

Ray Trace

You Can Tick Off Birds If You Follow My Advice
Once you get down to texturing, use Substance Painter (find a way to get it), it's an excellent texture program.

Ashley and Red

You'd better learn my name 'cause I am...
Thank you both for the tips! Ive had a hard time to understand UVMap and I still dont think I can bake a good UVMap yet XD

Also, I heard about substance painter from a friend, there is a student license version, amirite? I gotta grab it

Sailor Mario

Mushroom Kingdom's most out-there sailor
What program are you going to use for textures?

Ashley and Red

Princess Mario said:
What program are you going to use for textures?
I plan on trying Substance Painter for it...or do it by hand, which will probably be a pain ;-;

Sailor Mario

Do Substance Painter, it will save you misery.

Ashley and Red

Hello! Haven't logged in here since ages...!

So, last month I had to paint a texture by hand, and I decided to try doing so on my Red Mage. I ended up importing him into Mario Kart 8 before any other game, and well...It was funny!

I'm unsure if I should or should not release him, but anyways, even if I do, I gotta improve the textures a bit (the mouth specially seems a bit weird, it doesnt have the line usually used to separate the lips; Also, the inside is plain color) and create a proper normal map (I used an automatic one but it looks weird specially on the face).

I also gotta learn how to fix/edit normals, since a few, specially on his face, seems a bit weird...

The texture so far:

Sailor Mario

Not bad. Have you tried using ambient occlusion?