Ashley's game mods for (Mario) Wii Games (Random mods yeah)

CAHoltz said:
Can you please send me that voice pack on DA?

you can have them here ->http://reimarisakuya.deviantart.com/journal/Pauline-voice-clips-651911054
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I made very small and slow progress on Pauline so far XD I have her Mini Pauline and a Hat (like those of Donkey Kong) modelled and textures and read to put over Peach's items....I am just lazy to convert and rig them XD

Also, I think I am going to use a Parasol model from Melee for her parasol from Arcade DK since they are the same shape;

Also made a render to be used on CSS and such. Comparison from render and the shitty edited version (Yes, I abused the blur tool)->
PQ2Z5no.png

Was bored and made a simple 100 frames animation on BrawlBox...took me half an hour ORL

Y15u2jv.gif

I think I will add movement to the hands (but not fingers) and use this for the White Mage...?

Hi everyone...Back again! Replying to @Caholtz, I've finished Pauline and put her in game, however there is still room for improvement. I dont have screenshots atm, but I will post some asap. :)

On a side note, I've been trying to add White Mage, Black Mage and Pauline to Mario Kart 8. I started with White Mage, I edited her model and made a *bleep* version of her original White Mage clothing. Her hood sucks, I know, but whathever...

Problem is that even following tutotrials, the model turns invisible when in-game. Anyone got any clue on why this? I renamed every file to match the original one (Peach's)...Well...
Nvm, just managed to get her in game, even if she is unrigged.
sC7ERyl.png

What did you change to manage to get her in the game?

Baby Luigi said:
What did you change to manage to get her in the game?

I had to match all the original file names with Peach's: I was using Body__m_Bodyq, but it was actually Body__m_Body. IDK if it was because she was unrigged, but she came slightly broken ingame. Even tho, she can be seen, at the very least ^^' Im going to fully rig her and post a picture later, if possible.

Ashley and Red said:
Hi everyone...Back again! Replying to @Caholtz, I've finished Pauline and put her in game, however there is still room for improvement. I dont have screenshots atm, but I will post some asap. :)

On a side note, I've been trying to add White Mage, Black Mage and Pauline to Mario Kart 8. I started with White Mage, I edited her model and made a *bleep* version of her original White Mage clothing. Her hood sucks, I know, but whathever...

Problem is that even following tutotrials, the model turns invisible when in-game. Anyone got any clue on why this? I renamed every file to match the original one (Peach's)...Well...
Nvm, just managed to get her in game, even if she is unrigged.
sC7ERyl.png

I'm very excited to see how she turned out! Do you think you could send me a link on DeviantArt? Also, White Mage looks great!

White Mage looks great! Could I have a download of the model? I’m excited to see Pauline in Mario Sports Mix!

obeth0 said:
White Mage looks great! Could I have a download of the model? I’m excited to see Pauline in Mario Sports Mix!

Im sorry for the VERY VERY VERY late reply, but do you have an account somewhere else like Deviant Art? Maybe I can send a link trought there or smth.

I'm eons late, but I finally got on vacations (yay), so I made some modding for Mario Kart 8. Im thinking of putting them up for public download, but I don't think their quality is good enough yet:

3vgRvpm.png

She's got specular maps, but for some reason the normal maps I made for her doesn't seem to make a difference? There is also a vertex in her earring that I accidentally rigged to the mouth bone. I've made a really cool addition of voice and UI icons for her tho! To do: Custom Emblem and Custom Kart Colors.

IGtXxcj.png

Althought this model is from Switch and it includes normal and specular maps, I can't make them work in MK8. The files always corrupts, even tho I've edited the UV map to match a 512x512 resolution...Well, I need to redo her rigging for the hands, it sucks. Also, the normals on her dress are a bit messy. She also got voices and a few UI icons. To do: Custom Emblem, Custom Kart Colors, rest of UI elements.

PS. I'm currently working on a Ninja mod too :D

I definitely think you should release this on GameBanana, I think it looks really good!

For Pauline, did you make sure her poly limit was below the original model?

Russian Baby Luigi said:
I definitely think you should release this on GameBanana, I think it looks really good!

For Pauline, did you make sure her poly limit was below the original model?

Thank you! I've made the workaround for the poly count for Pauline in this tutorial-> https://gamebanana.com/tuts/12327

She works fine overall, the game has a slightly drop on FPS, but she works. However for some reason when I apply her normal maps/shadow maps they simply act like they are a transparent/blank file? I am afraid it could be a problem with the texture tool maybe? (I used the one on the tutorial above as well).

I've used the BFRES injector, it should work fine. It could be your compression format that's the problem. What compression for the .DDS file did you use?

Also, if there's a slight drop in FPS because of her model, I highly suggest to reduce poly more. Don't want the game to run into play-time issues with that.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
I've used the BFRES injector, it should work fine. It could be your compression format that's the problem. What compression for the .DDS file did you use?

Also, if there's a slight drop in FPS because of her model, I highly suggest to reduce poly more. Don't want the game to run into play-time issues with that.

I've been imitating the ones that are output buy the original textures. Redoing Pauline I've just noticed that hitting cancel when replacing textures leaves them transparent apparently. I guess that is why.
I am currently leaving Pauline aside and fixing the White Mage rigging. What do I have to do for models to show when on multiplayer split screen? Is it related to the model layers? Ive noticed people's imports work on both screens, but mine always have invisible models when on multiplayer :eek:

It's created by LOD models. The BFRES inject pack should come with a file called LOD_Killer or something. Dragging your .bfres over that exe file will get rid of the LODs.

OMG, thank you very much, Baby Luigi! Got it to work! Currently I'm working on the karts, then I may upload White Mage on GameBanana.

8mFTaKe.png

Since someone already made a ninja for MK8, Im currently working on a Black Mage over Luigi port :D

Cool! Make sure to post progress of it.

Aaand done! Probably the best one out of the three (White Mage, Black Mage and Pauline). I struggled a bit but managed to get him working flawless!
t0RPqfp.png

Now to do the voices, cosmetics and kart textures!

Hey that looks really good! Keep up the good work!

I've finished Black Mage! He can be downloaded here -> https://gamebanana.com/skins/165656

I tried my hand at modelling, and I started making my own Red Mage version of the Final Fantasy character. I used some White Mage parts such as hands, legs and part of the head to make this, but Im making all thes rest by myself :) I will post pics as soon as I have at least his model done, but you can take a look at the design here->
_oc___red_mage_guy_by_ashley_andred-dcmhc8n.png

Hope you get it done! Make sure you model the character T-posed, not A-posed like in the pic because it's so much tougher to model A-posed characters.

Eh, A-pose is good for nailing down the clothes on the shoulders (it's easier to model that shoulder cloth in A-pose as it's relaxed). There are advantages and disadvantages to each.

Thank you both for the Tips! So far Ive been modelling a base (T-pose, might switch to the A one for the cape thing) :D

l8gt6ih.png

A7T0B4m.png

Im currently kinda scared of when I have to make the UV maps for it :-\

Oh no, don't be. Just use UVLayout or Maya 2018. Makes unwrapping organic forms easy.

Back