What characters do you want to see playable more in spin-offs?

Swiftie_Luma said:
The idea of Goomba in Mario Kart is not ok for me not because of the dumb ''no hands'' argument , but because of the bland nature of this enemy.

You cannot get anymore basic than a Goomba , not even a Koopa is this basic and plain. Sooo boring , no wonder why the better and more popular enemies such as Shy guy are playable instead.

The funny thing is, this guy is able to use karts without using his arms at all.

latest

Mari Ohara said:
speaking of wario characters, i wanna play as captain syrup
good taste

Magikrazy said:
Since I beat Glowsquid to this thread, Ashley.
great taste :ashley:

Deinosuchus said:
I want Mona
no :dk2:

People meme the WarioWare series as being Prime Characters for crossover bait because its one of the two major spinoffs of the franchise next to DK, and DK has already had plenty of representation so why not Wario etc. But, imho the crossover between Mario/DK is certainly more pronounced when compared to the Mario/Wario series and hence makes a lot more bloody sense, because unlike the latter, the former has an entire series dedicated to Mario and Donkey Kong co-starring in the same game (as one example) whereas the only references the Wario series ever gives to Mario are really miniscule in comparison, through microgames and such. The GCN/Wii era did a lot more good blending the DK series characters with Mario characters in spin-offs and we currently lament the absence of saint Funky Kong from the coveted mario kart roster because of that.

Wario seemingly exists as its own separate entity in terms of character overlap (and gameplay looking at WarioWare), so while I would not personally be opposed to having Ashley toss red shells at unsuspecting Pink Gold Peach drivers or lob power tennis shots at Waluigi's head in exhibition matches, to me, it would honestly be incredibly jarring to have such an unprecedented crossover between two series who have previously had almost little-to-no overlap despite using a major character as the title protag since its conception (side note: Link is an OK exception to this because its fucking Link).

Not to mention most of WarioWare's characters look and feel more in-place in the Rhythm Heaven franchise than anywhere else. Maybe Nintendo feels the same way and that's why we don't see Mario vs. Jimmy T. Wireless Cell Phone Coverage Mania? Can't say the same of Wario Land's characters, but I honestly wonder how well WarioWare would have been had Wario not headlined the original game and was instead another one of SPD's original characters, but that's more of a cynical take. People unironically beg for Biker Waluigi in WarioWare because it would not only be Amazing but would tie the series closer together for these types of crossovers.

But anyway,

Ashley is seemingly ascending from the franchise in her own right and is appearing in a multitude of weird crossovers (via stickers) so who knows, she turned up in Mario Maker so there's plenty of leeway for her to jump into a Kart. Regardless, I doubt we'll see any form of ashley/mario interaction outside of that and Smash Bros., which is honestly a much more fitting medium for the two series to interact in because they're so different (speaking of, more wario representation plox.)

Captain Syrup probably has the biggest chance if anything since Wario Land is more at base with Mario than WarioWare, but two things stop this from happening: lack of any previous crossover between the two series (aside from the first game), and the fact that Wario Land is deddddddd. I mean they're prioritising Animal Crossing characters instead of Wario characters so I think that gives a clear indication as to what justifies a Good Crossover in Nintendo's eyes.

Mona is unfortunately (fortunately from some perspectives) outclassed by Ashley in every way at this point lel

tl;dr I doubt we'll ever see Wario characters in spin-offs concerning Mario, and Ashley is an exception to this because ???. Nintendo, feel free to prove me wrong and add 9-Volt into MKSwitch.

haven't considered this POV until now, but boy oh boy do mario character discussions give the best existential crises. i realise this is all pointless nerd rhetoric tho because nintendo can do whatever the fuck it wants with characters :ashley:

also add smash-style alt costumes to mario kart and shit, let us play as wario man

YoshiKong said:
Rohan Kishibe said:
Wario Land is deddddddd
Don't say that.

Please don't say that.

:'(
8 years since shake it '_>'

at least wario land switch will exist in our dreams ;_>;

Rohan Kishibe said:
8 years since shake it '_>'

at least wario land switch will exist in our dreams ;_>;
But Shake It was seven years after WL4, so who knows.

If nothing is revealed as a Switch launch title or at least mentioned as a future release, then I guess we can start digging Wario Land's grave.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Warioware ruined Wario.

I liked WarioWare Wario more than Wario Land Wario.

Even though both Warios do get beaten up daily, I think WarioWare Wario gets beat up more.

Deinosuchus said:
Did Shake It sell poorly?
Just over a million copies, which doesn't seem too bad. However, WarioWare: Smooth Moves sold over double the amount. So perhaps Nintendo decided to instead invest in the WarioWare series after that.

Deinosuchus said:
What exactly do you mean by "beyond existence"?
That the series is so irrelevant that it's as if those games didn't exist at all. I was just poking fun at how the Mario & Sonic series isn't exactly relevant when talking about missing or not frequently used characters (admittedly, the 3DS version of Rio at least had the merit of featuring Birdo, Bowser Jr., Dry Bones, 4 Koopalings and Diddy Kong in the same roster, too bad that characters restrictions made this more like a proof of concept roster...)

For me, that series stopped existing after London 3DS.

*shudders*

Mario & Sonic has a consistently mediocre quality in its games that it's not hard to see why people overlook it.

Every Mario-related spinoff should have Waluigi playable, even Super Smash Bros!

Ahem... anyway, I think that Birdo should have more playable roles. She didn't appear as often these days, so would be nice to see more playable Birdo again. Besides Birdo, there's Petey Piranha, who could be a nice treat in a Mario Kart game since his appearance in Double Dash. I guess I don't have too much wants, so I will take any extra characters (at no existing characters's expense).

Thanks for reading.

Kamek/Magikoopa.

Doesn't seem like Petey is playable in a looong time, but yeah, King Boo missed Mario Power Tennis, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, and Mario Strikers Charged when the Petey rage was still high.

I want Bowser Jr. to be in more Mario Kart games (although I only have three) I went to a friend's house and they had Mario Kart 8. It just had some lame Metallic Peach and no Bowser Jr. I also noticed his absence in Mario Kart 7. They better put him in Mario Kart 9 or else I won't get it.

Back