Splatoon 2

Rohan Kishibe said:
also "remixed" weapons
im not sure what the treehouse footage showed but rip inkzooka
They also said there will be all-new specials, shown in the trailer. They didn't say specials from the first game is returning. So no more Kraken, Bubbler, Killer Wail?

PeDaRoYs said:
Rohan Kishibe said:
also "remixed" weapons
im not sure what the treehouse footage showed but rip inkzooka
They also said there will be all-new specials, shown in the trailer. They didn't say specials from the first game is returning. So no more Kraken, Bubbler, Killer Wail?

I think that is the case. Splattershot has the Tenta Missile (multiple missiles homes onto target), Splat Roller has Splashdown (Smash on the spot with force; even works during Super Jump) and Splat Charger has the Sting Ray (a laser that shoots through walls). Should be noted that Sting Ray is functionally identical to the Killer Wail, except you can change your aim while you fire.

It's interesting to note that the Splat Roller has a new Sub Weapon, this time the Curling Bomb instead of the Suction Bomb. Suction Bomb still exists, since the Splat Dualies has it.

Thanks for reading.

Get hyped, Splatoon 2 will be playable from March 24th to March 26th. Here are the playable sessions in UTC+0 timezone:

March 24thMarch 25thMarch 26th
19:00 - 19:593:00 - 3:593:00 - 3:59
11:00 - 11:5911:00 - 11:59
19:00 - 19:59

Edit: times were one hour later because of daytime change of Pacific Time on March 12th, corrected

Unfortunately, I probably won't be getting the Switch by that time, so I couldn't participate in the Testfire, unlike last time where I got the Wii U earlier to get to play the Testfire. I imagine it would be a blast, and I hope that there's another stage in the Testfire (as in, The Reef isn't the only stage).

I feel like the Roller has the most interesting change, because now it has a ranged option, but I wonder how well that will play out since it has a delay before flicking. The Dynamo would be interesting in this regard because it has a long delay, but I suppose the large range would make up for it.

When people asked where the Sloshers and Splatlings are, I was wondering where the Blasters are. It's good that we got to see those two weapons, but I am hoping that Blasters have something to differentiate it from regular shooters. Maybe for example, you could charge up to give each blast a larger radius? That would help out the Rapid Blasters.

Thanks for reading.

Funny that the title of this thread is called Splatoon 2 (not Spla2n) before the Switch Presentation.

I'll plan to get the Switch before the release of Splatoon 2.

Cirdec said:

Get hyped, Splatoon 2 will be playable from March 24th to March 26th. Here are the playable sessions in UTC+0 timezone:

March 24thMarch 25thMarch 26th
19:00 - 19:593:00 - 3:593:00 - 3:59
11:00 - 11:5911:00 - 11:59
19:00 - 19:59

Edit: times were one hour later because of daytime change of Pacific Time on March 12th, corrected

Reminder that Global Testfire starts today.

Dualies > Splattershot > Charger > Roller atm

First match and we fuckin smashed the other team
Strafing with dualies is so satisfying and I love the jetpack special more than the inkzooka

Everything about the game is so damn fresh especially the new music

God i need the full version NOW

Played till I got kicked out, here is one of the Inklings I got(It seems entirely randomized, but I got more female Inklings than male ones)
C7vF2Q3VwAApUdD.jpg

Pretty fun, even though I got my butt kicked most of the time, that jetpack ultimate is amazing, it's like they combined the two F.L.U.D modes into one.

I think i'll buy this just so i can use a funny name such as Kylie Jenner.

Imagine getting your ass beat with someone using that name.

I'm really liking the dualies so far, although I'm having trouble getting a hang of the jetpack. The graphical improvement over the first game is quite noticeable. This demo is making me hyped for the full game. BTW if you see (or have already seen) someone named Babing in the testfire, then that's most likely me. (And no, that's not my real name.)

Huh, that's strange, I only disconnected once during the game and it was due to there being too little players on the team(Phew, no one on fours for now) and nothing to do with my internet connection, than again, I only played in the second hour, so maybe I just got lucky and Nintendo knew how much stress the servers needed that time. But still really weird because my internet is trash and yet I got into the game with no difficulties while someone who outright works for Nintendo ... not so much
tumblr_oncz8dFq0k1w6z3n8o1_540.png

Seems like I'm not the only one whose muscle memory is making them press X to jump like in Zelda when really it's B and then swearing it used to be X in Splatoon 1 :luigi:

Also, on the map, after playing Splatoon 1 again I really do think that the Minimap on the gamepad was essential to the game and the way its currently being handled on the switch is less than ideal. A smaller, transparent map on the screen would mitigate all of these problems. As it stands you can only really check the map when you're dead or alone without breaking serious flow and covering the whole screen.

Also does movement as a whole feel much slower than in 1 to anyone else? Swim speed especially

But aside from those issues the game is amazing and man I just love Splatoon so much

I agree that the map usage is not optimal, I only use it when I am dead.
Charger still feel good to play but I am not too used to the new feature: keep the charge for a moment if I swim, because that time is so brief.

the synergy when someone defends ur jetpack touchdown point from campers while u blow up the other 2 enemies

0yudHBP.jpg

ok so with my second hour done i'd like to say that while i was initially concerned about the old specials being done away with the new ones are so much better

the tenta missiles are amazing for getting rid of smugly comfortable snipers and thanks to the target lock-on giving you a short echolocator for anyone u happen to target i've managed to pursue and kill anyone who manages to get away from the rain of death

the sting ray is just a controllable mid-beam killer wail but oh so satisfying to connect with

the jetpack changes the course of the game really easily with its ability to climb over most unreachable areas and blow shit up, but i feel its easily balanced by snipers and the touchdown point being visible to everyone. i would probably give it a lot more build up though because the first 10 seconds of every match i had was literally 2 v 2 Jetpack Fights(tm)

if they found a way to simulatenously balance inkstrike and echolocator then surely to god they'll figure out a way to balance the panic buttons i mean bubblers and krakens

i really dont want the bubbler gone at all

I do miss the map being on the gamepad screen at all times. It's much easier to just look at the gamepad real quick and click on someone to jump to (as well as seeing a real time view of the battle) rather than pressing x to open the map and picking the right direction on the d-pad for the person you want to jump to.

Something about the gyro aiming seems kind of off, but I was kinda sitting off to the side of my television rather than straight on, so maybe it was just that. I'll sit my ass in front of the TV for the next one to see.

What was the special activation in Splatoon 1? I don't remember it being the right stick, but it probably is. I don't really like it being on the right stick because I have a bad habit of clicking it whenever I move the camera.

I want Inkstrike back. :(

Finally got to play
Really good still a lot of fun
Can't wait to turn of gyroscopic controls though.

Btw i can confirm the controls are the same in splatoon 1

You can swing the gyro left and right pretty easily for aiming

And its over rip

Back