Mario Sports Superstars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABR0vb0ONuE

Looks like you can actually get the cards in game. You don't HAVE to own the physical copies.

Yeah , it was highly unlikely that Nintendo would force you to collect them all by actually purchasing them.

That would be more money than amiibos.

"Baseball is the most disappointing sport of the bunch so far, which is a shame as this is the first Mario baseball game Bandai Namco has made since Mario Super Sluggers on the Wii. Baseball in Mario Sports Superstars is basically pressing the A button a bunch as either the batter or pitcher. The only control option besides the A button is the ability to move in the batter’s box, or change the type of pitch thrown. After the pitch, all base running and fielding is handled by the AI so there’ll be time to grab peanuts or Cracker Jack while the play runs. The teams and stadiums have fun designs, however."

Well that really sucks.

So they essentially gutted baseball and turned it into wii sports baseball.

So this means it's 100% guaranteed that you can lose a game because of a moronic mistake the the AI can make ...

Im so dissapointed.

Well great. That's a huge chunk of the game completely ruined and was the part I was most excited to experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-efGnTdcZ4

Soccer side have eight species and two goalies.
Baseball side looks like reduced than two previous installment.
Dry Bones making a cut? No unique characters like Dixie Kong, Toadette and Toadsworth?
What a disappointment.

Mcmadness said:
*youtube*
Looks like you can actually get the cards in game. You don't HAVE to own the physical copies.

I like how that guy has the most Baby Luigi cards :3

i like how this game suddenly went from interesting to incredibly avoidable within mere moments, sheesh.

To me, no, not really. It's just baseball being somewhat automatic, but you still have some involvement in it. But I guess part of the fun of baseball is controlling fielders and baserunners....? I sorta knew this from the start, judging by those weird camera angles that occur with your character. Also, I don't see charge shots. But then again, I don't think NintenDaan is a good player. I saw his tennis playthrough as Baby Mario and he's kinda dumb. I'd play far more aggressively than that and beat Bowser in a far less amount of time.

And they said "The only control option besides the A button is the ability to move in the batter’s box, or change the type of pitch thrown". Well, uh, what about bunting or stealing bases? I saw those either mentioned in the bottom screen (Advanced Options idk) or on the main website (and it wouldn't be a baseball game if you can't steal bases or drop squeeze bunts).

I'm glad Golf will have a Skins match-like mode. I don't know if it's the default mode for multiplayer, but I'm still happy we got that regardless.

Also, kudos to the game developers for making card unlocks in-game. So it pretty much voids worries i have for fee-to-play online. Even though I won't play it.

its just not really too big on golf and soccor tbh, and baseball games ive played in the past have been pretty fun but doesnt exactly look very good i guess i should just wait and see and just live with what may be good i suppose.

Wait... hold up a second... did the press members get advanced copies of this installment or am I just dreaming here? I know they've really started a marketing blitz for this upcoming installment, but I still just had to ask.

Waaaaaaaaaaaait, I don't think baseball is ACTUALLY auto

I'll bring up this pic again

Mario_sports_superstars_character_roster.PNG

See the toggle for "fielding"? It's on auto. Can you change that to manual? And the options for baserunning in NintenDaan's video? It has the words "advance" and "back" for runners.

PeDaRoYs said:
Update. The Japanese website is now up: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/aunj/index.html .

Expect a lot of footage from the official site

Daisy voice is so great as usual.

Baby Luigi said:
Waaaaaaaaaaaait, I don't think baseball is ACTUALLY auto
*img*

That's good to know at least, but will the fielding be automatic?

Now that you posted this image, I see that Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach's CSS slots are grey in the top-left corner. Are they grey because they haven't been unlocked yet or do the grey color represent an entirely new character class only they belong to?

Pink_Gold_Peach said:
That's good to know at least, but will the fielding be automatic?

There's a toggle on the upper left part of the screen that says "Fielding: Auto".

Pink_Gold_Peach said:
Now that you posted this image, I see that Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach's CSS slots are grey in the top-left corner. Are they grey because they haven't been unlocked yet or do the grey color represent an entirely new character class only they belong to?

They're not unlocked yet.

I'll just say that those digital Baby Luigi cards in that amiibo card video are Baby Luigi as hell (especially that yelling pissed off one) and <3 <3 <3 mkay nothing else matters anymore :babyluigi:

Back