Mario Sports Superstars

Grunty Industries said:
memoryman3 said:
Baby Peach and Baby Daisy.

Counting on it more than ever.

I don't think we will get those two. I think we'll get Toadette and Nabbit.

And I'd be surprised if Rosalina didn't get new artwork.

Well, Toad is just a side character in this game....so i don't think Toadette will be playable. Nabbit...mayybbbeee. But we have Baby Luigi and I think with two baby bros, Nintendo would be more interested in adding baby princesses.

I really don't think Baby Peach and Baby Daisy are the last two characters.

See that screenshot Ninelevendo posted? I'll embed it here for everyone to see

Teaser-ss-02.jpg

The bros are playing with the adult princesses, and that's pretty much the closest equivalent of those princesses. If they had the baby princesses my guess is that they would show off playing with them instead.

Or maybe I'm making stuff up.

Anyway

I've noticed this a long time ago but they changed Baby Mario's UI from Mario Tennis Open for absolutely no reason and I love it.

MTO:
RecordExhihibitionModeMTO.png

MSS:
Teaser-ss-05.jpg

Also, I saw Baby Luigi playing golf with The Golfer Who Got 10+ In One ScreenShot In Lakitu Valley and I'm in love again

CI7_3DS_MarioSportsSuperstars_Golf_enGB.jpg

PeDaRoYs said:
Here's the roster for the baseball part (screencap from the recent UK trailer):
eHWKiAi.png

Oh my goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

Baby Luigi looks so fricking AMAZING I JUST

I'm going to have a heart attack at this rate!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Looks like you can't make a team of nothing but captains anymore. Just 1 captain, an assistant captain and 7 fielders.

Thats fine, makes it more balanced that way.

But if that's the case does that mean the baby bros and boo have been upgraded to captains?

Mcmadness said:
But if that's the case does that mean the baby bros and boo have been upgraded to captains?

I don't know, but that would certainly make BLOF happy!

Is the color-coded corner on the top left supposed to represent what type a character is?

Man this game looks better than I originally thought it would. I can finally play a Mario baseball game. Also gimme that new artwork.

Grunty Industries said:
Is the color-coded corner on the top left supposed to represent what type a character is?
Good spot, looks like the two unlocks might be a seperate type, Mario Sports Mix style. (Completely guessing btw) Also Waluigi and Boo (as well as Peach and Daisy) are technique/tricky because they made each sport show only three stats and they all have decent spin/technique, so that makes four of each type.

Also can I just say that this is the first game in a while that I've actually liked having Babies on the roster. Having Baby Mario and Baby Luigi as speed characters is cool.

Kinda odd to see this lineup without Toad. He's kind of a major character. I would say him and Toadette, but with Toads being sidekicks, I don't see that happening.

The fact that they're being this secretive might mean they're a bit of a bigger deal. Who knows.

TempestBlade said:
Petey Piranha (Power).
Now you're talking.

Mcmadness said:
Looks like you can't make a team of nothing but captains anymore. Just 1 captain, an assistant captain and 7 fielders.

Thats fine, makes it more balanced that way.

I already know this, they showed off in the very first trailer. So, I guess this character select screen just confirms that thought.

btw, did you guys notice they nixed Defense and Tricky? What if the final two characters are those two?

GalacticPetey said:
TempestBlade said:
Petey Piranha (Power).
Now you're talking.
I wouldn't mind Petey Piranha, it's just that he hasn't been in a Sports game for ages.

Baby Luigi said:
btw, did you guys notice they nixed Defense and Tricky? What if the final two characters are those two?
It would be weird if the that were true, becasue then why not make Boo and Waluigi those in the first place? What would defense and tricky do in things like Baseball that others can't? What would make their stats different to the rest?

It's possible but I have no idea how it would work.

PeDaRoYs said:
Here's the roster for the baseball part (screencap from the recent UK trailer):
eHWKiAi.png

This is the base roster every freaking spin off should have.

Is that sooo hard to do?

**Looks at MK8**

I like that unlike most characters , Rosalina looks serious but not angry.

Baby Luigi said:
I really don't think Baby Peach and Baby Daisy are the last two characters.

See that screenshot Ninelevendo posted? I'll embed it here for everyone to see

Teaser-ss-02.jpg

The bros are playing with the adult princesses, and that's pretty much the closest equivalent of those princesses. If they had the baby princesses my guess is that they would show off playing with them instead.

Or maybe I'm making stuff up.

Anyway

I've noticed this a long time ago but they changed Baby Mario's UI from Mario Tennis Open for absolutely no reason and I love it.

MTO:
RecordExhihibitionModeMTO.png

MSS:
Teaser-ss-05.jpg

Also, I saw Baby Luigi playing golf with The Golfer Who Got 10+ In One ScreenShot In Lakitu Valley and I'm in love again

CI7_3DS_MarioSportsSuperstars_Golf_enGB.jpg

I'm pretty sure that first screenshot is implying the Baby Princesses. Unlockable characters are kept hidden until the very end.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Not counting on it.

One of them has to be Toadette.

She just has to be in so it's complete.

Toad isn't a captain so basically no chance. With Baby Luigi, I just feel that the princesses are coming.

memoryman3 said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
Not counting on it.

One of them has to be Toadette.

She just has to be in so it's complete.

Toad isn't a captain so basically no chance. With Baby Luigi, I just feel that the princesses are coming.

Nah, Toadette will, because she's unlockable character nowaday since MK8. Im not sure about last one, I think it should be neat surprise character for us.

I want to believe Toadette is not attached to Toad.

Toad can be individual without Toadette , so i guess i can also be the other way around.

Kinda like Rosalina.

Ninelevendo said:
It would be weird if the that were true, becasue then why not make Boo and Waluigi those in the first place? What would defense and tricky do in things like Baseball that others can't? What would make their stats different to the rest?

Speed means next to nothing in something like Golf, so it's a possiblity, y'know.

Swiftie_Luma said:
This is the base roster every freaking spin off should have.

Is that sooo hard to do?

**Looks at MK8**

I like that unlike most characters , Rosalina looks serious but not angry.

Agreed, but add Toad and Toadette. This roster is pretty much perfect. Aside from the lovable Shroom duo missing. I love it.

Swiftie_Luma said:
I want to believe Toadette is not attached to Toad.

Toad can be individual without Toadette , so i guess i can also be the other way around.
Toadette is playable in Super Sluggers without the main Toad. (At least, I don't view the red-vested Toad as the main one)

Ok, so once thing concerns me about this game.

You unlock Star characters apparently by scanning amiibo of the character on the card. Additionally, you need three amiibo cards to unlock the Road to Superstar mode, where, if you complete it, you unlock the even better Superstar status for your character. Now, we don't know if you can unlock this mode by normal means, but if amiibo is the only way of unlocking Star or Superstar characters, then we have a problem with the damn blind-packaging, as well as the possibility of facing opponents online who have this status. This could be pretty much disaster for online players, for those who don't wish to purchase an amiibo card, let alone three of them. And additionally, you need five cards of each character for each sport, from the way things are looking.

I don't have a problem of purchasing 5 Baby Luigi cards, definitely not, but I can guess some others may, especially with the whole blind bagging ordeal.

Yeah, that definitely smells of pay-to-win, unless there's some kind of matchmaking involved where if you select a Star/Superstar character you can only play against other players who also selected a Star/Superstar.

Baby Luigi said:
Ninelevendo said:

Speed means next to nothing in something like Golf, so it's a possiblity, y'know.
Golf doesn't have "types" either so it might have a different system.

Baby Luigi said:
Ok, so once thing concerns me about this game.

You unlock Star characters apparently by scanning amiibo of the character on the card. Additionally, you need three amiibo cards to unlock the Road to Superstar mode, where, if you complete it, you unlock the even better Superstar status for your character. Now, we don't know if you can unlock this mode by normal means, but if amiibo is the only way of unlocking Star or Superstar characters, then we have a problem with the dang blind-packaging, as well as the possibility of facing opponents online who have this status. This could be pretty much disaster for online players, for those who don't wish to purchase an amiibo card, let alone three of them. And additionally, you need five cards of each character for each sport, from the way things are looking.

I don't have a problem of purchasing 5 Baby Luigi cards, definitely not, but I can guess some others may, especially with the whole blind bagging ordeal.
Yeah I've been worried about this to. Star characters make the game more fun and locking them behind amiibo cards seems stupid. There is that extra mode used solely for the amiibo cards (See this if you don't know what I'm talking about) so hopefully it's mainly referring to that, however Luigi's golf card shows that it changes stats just like being starred in the golf games and Indont know how that would translate into that mode.

Lol what is this weird pinball amiibo thing game? Is that Road to Superstar?

(the comments in that video are atrocious like always felt like pointing that out)

Baby Luigi said:
(the comments in that video are atrocious like always felt like pointing that out)
I mean, has there ever been an online video with comments that weren't absolute trash?

Back