Mario Sports Superstars

I wouldn't mind if DK doesn't use his boxing glove in this game.

Alex95 said:

I'm interested in that Mario soccer ball artwork, which isn't uploaded to the wiki yet, but I have seen on the Wii U game pad during promotions.

What perplexes me is that Mario has Sports Superstars artwork. Why did they use the old GCN renders for the cards instead? It makes no sense.

I'm guessing every character will receive new Horsey artwork. Hopefully. And not old character artwork that are bizarrely placed like that Bowser soccer one.

that bucket better not have a W on it or else i'm calling Wanda, Timmy's fairy godparent

Nope, just need it to clean up all that liquid with a mop.

uh

um

ok

Found high-quality images of those cards

https://www.hardcoregamer.com/2017/01/24/mario-sports-superstars-is-getting-amiibo-cards/244208/

So what the cards do I'm guessing is change stats like they do when you star them in the Mario golf games like the Luigi card increase his power but decreases his impact and control.

TempestBlade said:
I hope Dry Bowser is not to be primary character. (Playable in five)
He would be secondary character. (Playable in baseball)
The Bowser card shows a Dry Bowser thing on it, I'm guessing you need the amiibo to unlock him for that sport and he goes over Bowser.

MSS_amiibo_Baseball_Mario.jpg
MSS_amiibo_Golf_Luigi.jpg
MSS_amiibo_Soccer_Bowser.jpg
MSS_amiibo_Tennis_Peach.jpg
MSS_amiibo_HorseRacing_Daisy.jpg

I really don't think the Dry Bowser means he's an unlockable character. I think that's like, Bowser's special move or something, where he turns into Dry Bowser. I'm just guessing though.

Anyway, many of those stats are meaningless lol but I can decipher some of them.

Flexing arm: Power, Stroke, or Drive
Ball: Pitching (Baseball)
Dude running: Speed
Golf Club: ???? (golf)
Target Reticle: I believe accuracy???? (golf)
Soccer ball: uhhhh, accuracy???? (soccer)
Ball with curvy arrow: Uhhh...accuracy....again??? (tennis)
Heart: ????????? (horse racing)
Curvy Arrow: ?????? control??? (horse racing)

Dunno why the bars are different colors, really. I guess blue and yellow bars could mean potential gain in stats while red are your starting stats.

Yeah not sure about the colours either. Dry Bowser could be a special move I guess, either way looks like he's not a seperate character and is amiibo-locked. Also that Bowser card has "LOL" on it for some reason.

I'll have a guess as to what the stats mean:

Golf Club - Control
Target thing - Impact, how big the area to get a good shot in. (Golf)
Soccer ball - Could be passing?
Ball with arrow - Could be Ball control, like what make technique characters techniques. Looks more like spin tho
Heart - the endurance for the horse to sprint, I'm guessing Zelda style.
Arrow - Horse Handling?

Btw the Japanese Nintendo website mentions being able to turn special moves off, the example it listed was soccer, so that could mean turning off Chance Shots.

Isn't that the Bowser artwork from DDR Mario Mix?

And it's extremely jarring. I really don't like it. Luigi is also awkwardly placed here.

And I want Baby Luigi

We just all want to have new artwork don't we?

I want artwork of Diddy and Boo tbh.

I swear, if they reuse Baby Luigi's artwork for all 5 sports I WILL bang my head on the wall repeatedly.

If they don't have Baby Luigi cards at all, I will bang my head against a cast-iron pan.

By the way, will we have new artwork for Bowser Jr., too? Since Mario Party 9 we only got artwork with the Junior Clown Car from Nintendo and Mario & Sonic artwork, as far as I know.

Also, now that Dry Bowser doesn't seem to be a main character, the last two characters are more mysterious than ever...

Mister Wu said:
By the way, will we have new artwork for Bowser Jr., too? Since Mario Party 9 we only got artwork with the Junior Clown Car from Nintendo and Mario & Sonic artwork, as far as I know.

Also, now that Dry Bowser doesn't seem to be a main character, the last two characters are more mysterious than ever...

Baby Peach and Baby Daisy.

Counting on it more than ever.

Also, we got a look at Daisy's second card.

memoryman3 said:
Baby Peach and Baby Daisy.

Counting on it more than ever.

I don't think we will get those two. I think we'll get Toadette and Nabbit.

And I'd be surprised if Rosalina didn't get new artwork.

Back