Mario Sports Superstars

memoryman3 said:
Why isn't this thread sticked yet?

idk

Maybe it wouldn't hurt to ask. It is an upcoming Mario game after all. Not as particularly large as Mario Odyssey or Mario Kart 8 Deluxe but still an upcoming Mario game.

Ninelevendo said:
If there's one thing that I've learnt from that trailer, it's that Nintendo's advertising still sucks.

It's stupid so it fits for a Mario title.

Baby Luigi said:
memoryman3 said:
Why isn't this thread sticked yet?

idk

Maybe it wouldn't hurt to ask. It is an upcoming Mario game after all. Not as particularly large as Mario Odyssey or Mario Kart 8 Deluxe but still an upcoming Mario game.

Ninelevendo said:
If there's one thing that I've learnt from that trailer, it's that Nintendo's advertising still sucks.

It's stupid so it fits for a Mario title.

It should at least replace Paper Mario, as that game is old and forgotten news now. Seriously, it's characters are so bland compared to even the smallest Mario Sports game.

I'm one of the few people who think Mario Sports/Party has just as much personality as Mario RPGs. It's just that it showcases them in a different way, with body language rather than text (though I always like Mario Party's text)

Baby Luigi said:
I'm one of the few people who think Mario Sports/Party has just as much personality as Mario RPGs. It's just that it showcases them in a different way, with body language rather than text (though I always like Mario Party's text)

Hurry up now! Pip pip!

You call yourself a henchman? You're a STENCHMAN!

NO! Please stop the duel! You've gone 30 turns with no winner! I'm amazed at your endurance...

You think Whomp dumb? Whomp has fancy degree in tollbooth economics. 10 coins or go away

If it's that easy, this ain't a Mario Party!

Whoa! Amazing! You didn't even get 1 Coin stolen! Well, that means I get to have 15 Coins!

The figures better work too! Otherwise I'm going to flip out!!!

Actually, I might buy the amiibo cards.

Also, why isn't the game sticked?

TempestBlade said:
Is this game has RPG-elements? World Tour's Castle Club.

March 30 is too early. Delay this game to Q3 2017.
And more game contents. Do not this game to be Ultra Trash.

I want see returning King K. Rool.

Strongly doubt this game will have RPG elements. If the game had an RPG single player mode, they would have shown off or at least talked about it by now, because it's such a huge part of the game. However, Horse Racing probably does have stat progression like an RPG, from the looks of that description, but that's pretty much the extent of it.

I don't think this game will be Ultra Trash. And even if it is, I'll probably still enjoy it very much, as I did enjoy Ultra Trash for what it had to offer.

King K. Rool doesn't have chances in his favor, unfortunately.

PeDaRoYs said:
I guess there's going to be a Mario Sports Superstars amiibo card series, like the AC cards.

I sure hope to god that Baby Luigi will receive an amiibo card.

Blind packaging will probably screw me over, so....TO AMAZON!

They revealed some of the new amiibo cards today. Looks like a majority of them will use art from other titles. Here are a couple of (low-quality) pics I managed to find. Apparently scanning one will give you a "superstar" version of that character, though I don't know if you can actually play as them or if they play alongside/against you.

Amiibo_cards_1.png

Amiibo_cards_2.jpg

Baby Luigi said:
I sure hope to god that Baby Luigi will receive an amiibo card.

Blind packaging will probably screw me over, so....TO AMAZON!

No Baby Luigi yet, but since he's in the game, he should get one.

Dammit I was hoping they'd use Sports Superstars-styled artwork :/

Well Baby Luigi hasn't appeared in any of those sports, or at least wielding sports equipment, so I hope he'll receive new renders.

If they reuse his Super Sluggers/that sitting artwork of him yet again, I might cry like Baby Luigi.

Some do appear to be using the Sports Superstars artwork, as you can see with Daisy. Baby Luigi hasn't received any new artwork though, so yeah, it's likely he'll use older pieces of artwork. Everyone is supposed to have more than one, though. I think each variant has a different stat chart?

The only solo artwork Baby Luigi has received are these two and they have been reused to death

73px-BLuigiSluggers.PNG
77px-BabyLuigibeinghimself.PNG

And if they reuse Baby Mario's N64 artwork, I'll laugh, then I cry.

Well it's kinda obvious they'll have different stat charts. They're different sports. I mean, speed will mean nothing in Golf.

But guess what, that means we'll actually see Tennis stats for once! About time too.

Yo there's a Dry Bowser symbol on that Bowser soccer card.

Seems like they give a special ability for a Sport, Mario gives a fire flower bat and Luigi gives a special type of spin on the golf shot or something like that.

Dang it now I have to buy cards in blind packaging with no-one to trade with because I want a Luigi's card. :/

Alex95 said:
They revealed some of the new amiibo cards today. Looks like a majority of them will use art from other titles. Here are a couple of (low-quality) pics I managed to find. Apparently scanning one will give you a "superstar" version of that character, though I don't know if you can actually play as them or if they play alongside/against you.

Amiibo_cards_1.png

Amiibo_cards_2.jpg

Bless Nintendo, Daisy got an amiibo card.

Kritter, King K. Rool are very forgotten.
I want see at least they appear as supporting characters.
Other kongs are forgotten about 9 years ago. (Excluding Dixie, Cranky and Funky)

Not to be another Mario Sports Mix roster. Decreased from previous game.

Though in my honest opinion though, Power Tennis will always be the best Mario Tennis game ever made and the last real good Mario Tennis. It had the best content, it had that variety, and it had the Power Shots that are not in any other Mario Tennis game. I really miss the Power Shots, I hope they add them back. Ultra Smash is such a disappointing rushed game. Sure it may play well, but I think Power Tennis was better due to the Power Shots. Ultra Smash had potential but Nintendo decided to fuck it up. What we got was an unfinished and a semi-unpolished game.

I hope the tennis in Mario Sports Superstars is better than Ultra Smash since Mario Sports Superstars does combine Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Mario Baseball, and Mario Strikers, and it adds one sport called horse riding to finish off the compilation just like how Wii Sports added Bowling which there is no Mario Bowling game equivalent. This is a better sports game compilation than Wii Sports.

Cirdec said:
Alex95 said:

Amiibo_cards_1.png

Amiibo_cards_2.jpg

Bless Nintendo, Daisy got an amiibo card.

You mean 5 amiibo cards and an amiibo figurine!

Every time I see Bowser's red bat I just hurt inside

Yes, that big beautiful spiky bat.

Back