What people on the Internet get on your nerves?

Nate Jacobs

WHAT THE FUCK? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
The Shadow Prince
Any extreme liberals or conservatives tend to annoy me a lot, but the ones that get on my nerves the most are the extreme conservatives who have all these radical opinions but can't back them up. Especially the ones who are against LGBT rights, especially considering that I'm a member of the LGBT community myself, and people who are for total gun rights even after what happened recently (So, we shouldn't pass any laws restricting gun rights because criminals don't follow laws? Good point! LET'S GET RID OF EVERY SINGLE LAW CRIMINALS WON'T FOLLOW.)

this is probably a really unpopular opinion here but

I hate people who need everyone to be politically correct all the time. they take offense to even the smallest jokes and it's just really annoying and not fun. I get it when someone posts a racist/homophobic joke (but even then it's usually not the poster's intent to demonize the target of the joke), but when it's pretty much anything else it's just irritating to me.

people that are just ready to bash people for some small shit they did or some sort of belief they did without some form of understanding.

Even ive been guilty of it, but ive been trying to improve that while others keep doing it.

i think anyone who doxes or swats anyone automatically gets my hate.

no other people can quite compare to them. they might be morons but at least they're not malicious to your personal lives and wellbeing

Baby Luigi said:
i think anyone who doxes or swats anyone automatically gets my hate.

no other people can quite compare to them. they might be morons but at least they're not malicious to your personal lives and wellbeing
I'm familiar with swatting but what's doxing?

you reveal your victim's home address, phone number, and other things publicly.

it's usually step one to online harassment.

People like Levi Quackenboss and Heather Murray earn nothing but utter contempt from me.

Trolls on DeviantArt who post trash in the comments section, and there is really no way to completely scrub them off.

A lot of people in GameFAQs.

i hate people who use the internet to breed hate. the stuff people say makes me scared for my life and i mentally break down once every week or so.

but y'know, freedom of speech.

tumblr people who attack you for everything: sexual identity, gender identity, opinions, etc

pretty much the reason I don't go on that site

People who act like dicks to try to impress other people.

I bet you know who I have in mind.

Edward Elric said:
tumblr people who attack you for everything: sexual identity, gender identity, opinions, etc

pretty much the reason I don't go on that site
i've tried to browse tumblr. they yell at you if you so happen to be male, cisgender, heterosexual, rich, and white. they yelled at me for being a white male for stating that i was a white male. i deactivated lol. also the undertale fandom was tearing my skin off

although i don't get the "tumblr sexualities" insult. like, if a website is helping you express who you are, good. i see nothing wrong with that.

People who go out of their way to terrorise someone because they challenged the status quo with video games

Kanan Matsuura said:
I hate it when people use that as a weak cover for their asses.

Not even the courts are immune to this, such as when they used the freedom of speech defense to allow wonderful picketing at funerals.

Bob Eubanks said:

I... actually don't.

Striker Mario said:
Kanan Matsuura said:
I hate it when people use that as a weak cover for their asses.

Not even the courts are immune to this, such as when they used the freedom of speech defense to allow wonderful picketing at funerals.
What's especially obnoxious and hypocritical is that the people who constantly use the "freedom of speech" defense are usually the ones that tend to tell everyone who disagrees with them to shut up.

I haven't been on Tumblr, but if the people there really think all heterosexual people are stupid, then to be blunt, they're idiots. I mean, congrats on insulting, like, 90 percent of the population.

well by all means, bash on the HOMOPHOBIC heterosexuals. but, if you're going to bash someone for no reason, then?????? what are you honestly doing with yourselves. let everyone be free unless they are terrible people

There's also the fact that if you think all heterosexuals are morons, then guess what you're doing? You're judging a person based on their sexuality, and thus becoming the very person you claim to hate.

Zuko said:
What's especially obnoxious and hypocritical is that the people who constantly use the "freedom of speech" defense are usually the ones that tend to tell everyone who disagrees with them to shut up.
They don't seem to understand that freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from criticism. They often have some sort of persecution complex and think that their critics are "bullying" them, but on their side of the coin, they or people they view as allies ban people from the comments, people who disagree with them or they just label them as, taking an example from anti-vaxxers, "big-pharma/monsanto shills" and make all sorts of personal attacks like that.

I don't want a ban on awful things like anti-vaxxer messages, HIV/AIDS denial, and global warming denial, but we seriously need official answers to those sort of things so people don't get caught by those harmful messages and then spread it more and then be a disaster to society (yes, denialism in those fields I've mentioned have or will be disasters).

Kanan Matsuura said:
well by all means, bash on the HOMOPHOBIC heterosexuals. but, if you're going to bash someone for no reason, then?????? what are you honestly doing with yourselves. let everyone be free unless they are terrible people

honestly its even more then that, so many people are just trying to bash people because of some sort of group or another and instead of giving someone a chance, or maybe putting positive criticism on someone and helping them improve their flaws they instead just bash and bash and bash, and until that person is broken and then they laugh like people that dont agree with is some sort of plague.

I mean this doesnt even apply to sexuality preferences either, its gamers, its politicians, its boiling down to things people believe in and even.. things people cant change.

A lot of people today wonder why is the world so bad and whats wrong with it, and its so obvious. It's discrimination, its everywhere, and it seems alot of people want it to be that way too, i mean yeah you got some people that want more positivity in the world, but most people dont want to understand and rather be what they are rather then change.

Zuko said:
Bob Eubanks said:

I... actually don't.

The guy who claimed to have won 185 million dollars.

To stick to the current topic, you're almost guaranteed to have some opinion that's going to get you bashed. It's sad but true.

Don't insinuate tension like that. You've got something to say to someone, be civil and honest and then say it.

Bob Eubanks said:
Zuko said:
Bob Eubanks said:

I... actually don't.

The guy who claimed to have won 185 million dollars.

To stick to the current topic, you're almost guaranteed to have some opinion that's going to get you bashed. It's sad but true.

its not because it has to be that, people are fine with that situation. People dont want to understand others and will instead either lie, attack, or just underestimate in what they say to another. I mean in many situations ive seen people are like WELL YOU SUCK SO YOU HAVE TO BE THIS AND IF YOU ARENT, YOU'RE A PIECE OF SHIT BECAUSE OF IT. Lots of suicide is caused this way and while things seem to improve at times, theres alot more that isnt improving instead.

Samus Aran said:
Kanan Matsuura said:

honestly its even more then that, so many people are just trying to bash people because of some sort of group or another and instead of giving someone a chance, or maybe putting positive criticism on someone and helping them improve their flaws they instead just bash and bash and bash, and until that person is broken and then they laugh like people that dont agree with is some sort of plague.

I mean this doesnt even apply to sexuality preferences either, its gamers, its politicians, its boiling down to things people believe in and even.. things people cant change.

A lot of people today wonder why is the world so bad and whats wrong with it, and its so obvious. It's discrimination, its everywhere, and it seems alot of people want it to be that way too, i mean yeah you got some people that want more positivity in the world, but most people dont want to understand and rather be what they are rather then change.
Have you read the comments for any Internet news articles, Zae? Because I have, and I can tell you that you're absolutely right.

Yes, most of the time, the comments sections are pure venom. And I personally know what that is.

Back