What things do you regret doing on the wiki, forum, or etc.?

I regret my handling of the whole Wayoshi/Willy scandal back in 2007. I should have told Steve of my suspicions.

Oh lord this thread is my home. Okay so when I first started out here, I was around nine or ten, which, as you can expect, did not end well. Getting into arguments, spamming, replying to myself in my own thread, calling Nabber a "vortex of hatred", if I recall that correctly, all of it almost got me banned. Surprised I wasn't to be honest. But easily the worst thing I did was during my "Smoochum Phase", as I'll call it. I would literally type "YAY SMOOCHUM" except add as many unnecessary letters as possible to make it as long as possible. I once met the maximum post length.
Hope I didn't bring back too many awful memories to those who remember me.

Being a total ass about my opinion on a children's video game.

Bragging about poor financial decisions.

Several dumb topics I made when I was relatively new, namely the "Fawful for Mario Kart 8" thing that I not only caused the locking of, but I was dumb enough to make it again after it was locked.

Lying at first about the PMTTYD 3D "leak" and pretending to believe it was real. On the plus side the forum did gain a bunch of new traffic that way.

Fresh Bowser said:
Being a total ass about my opinion on a children's video game.

Bragging about poor financial decisions.

Several dumb topics I made when I was relatively new, namely the "Fawful for Mario Kart 8" thing that I not only caused the locking of, but I was dumb enough to make it again after it was locked.

Lying at first about the PMTTYD 3D "leak" and pretending to believe it was real. On the plus side the forum did gain a bunch of new traffic that way.

this was what i was looking for

welcome back.

The stupidest things I have done (these are new things) is insulting people, swearing excessively, making 10 threads a day, and probably more stuff.

If you want to know what my regrets for being banned from the wiki it's the following:

-Asking a simple question that involves power-ups from a certain game.
-Following certain rules on from the wiki that can get you banned.
-Befriending a certain user who formally goes by the name of YoshiKong.
-Trying to continue making the Kingdom Builder Article for Super Mario Run: https://www.mariowiki.com/User:LTIan/Sandbox_Land
-Koopaling Speculations from Paper Mario: Color Splash.

If anyone else knows what else that I've been banned for that I may have forgotten, please let me know.

I don't like how this thread acts a home base when receiving a ban on the wiki.

Let's see I've been banned for sockpuppeting which was a silly thing to do.
On the forums I once got super pissed at nsy and rage quit the whole forum like a chump.

Please do not drag your wiki drama onto the forum. If you have complaints, privately discuss it with wiki staff rather than yelling about it all over the forum.

Magnolia Arch said:
Please do not drag your wiki drama onto the forum. If you have complaints, privately discuss it with wiki staff rather than yelling about it all over the forum.

This is a thread about expressing our regrets from the wiki and/or the forum, right?

I was only explaining about my regrets. I wasn't dragging any drama at all.

I mean, that's what this thread is all about: Explaining about our mistakes.

LTIan said:
Magnolia Arch said:

This is a thread about expressing our regrets from the wiki and/or the forum, right?

this isnt an appropriate place to contest your bans. if you regret your actions thats one thing, but this isnt the place to pretend a ban was unjustified or to argue that moderators were wrong.

edit: and its also not a place for you to blame other people for mistakes you made. its about your mistakes that you regret, not pretending its someone elses fault.

LTIan said:
Magnolia Arch said:

The idea behind this thread is to talk about things you've done in the past that in retrospect seem poorly thought-out or embarrassing to you. Things that you acknowledge as mistakes and feel sorry for doing.

However, if you feel like following your statement up with something like "but actually what I did was right, and everyone who called me out for it is stupid", or arguing your case, then you're not actually acknowledging a mistake.

Thus this is the wrong thread for you.

Shokora said:
I don't like how this thread acts a home base when receiving a ban on the wiki.

it doesn't, only one person is doing that

You know, if you guys are having problems with me, then you can just close this thread if you want.

And issue me a warning while you're at it! :mad:

LTIan and that Topmaniac guy were pretty much it. The only other person I would say was misusing this thread was OmegaVenomous.

LTIan said:
You know, if you guys are having problems with me, then you can just close this thread if you want.

And issue me a warning while you're at it! :mad:

Huh. What a pleasant person. :-\

Can't imagine why he was banned.

It sometimes feel like we're babysitting, doesn't it?

Back