Rest in Peace, Walkazo

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not much, but... I wanted to do something for her.

(the candle is still burning btw, the angle of the camera just makes it look like it burnt out)
kL8fUOZ.jpg

Crocodile Dippy said:
It's not much, but... I wanted to do something for her.

(the candle is still burning btw, the angle of the camera just makes it look like it burnt out)
kL8fUOZ.jpg

The image makes it seem like the Bowser set the fire and the other three are just like "Ok, it worked, but dude, come on."
I think she'd find that funny. :D

Side comment: You have a lovely speaking voice. Clearly we need to do more videos for things around here.

I have been lurking this site for quite some time and this sad news have motivated to make an account.
When I first lurked the site I knew that Walkazo was a good user and Bureaucrat, but did not really know much about her.
But in the past year, when I started to browse the forums frequently I began to realize that she was a very smart and kind person. Her posts were always very good and she was one of the community’s greatest members.
I didn’t go on the forums on the day she died and I first learned of her death in an user’s signature the day after her death. Part of me thought that it was a sick joke, but part of me knew the sad truth. I thought about her death the rest of that day.
Rest in Peace, Walkazo. Pantaro, my condolences

I myself only learned about this today, yet I've seen her in chat and in edit logs many times over the years, and...well, I just don't know. I really don't.

What hit me, however, was what Pantaro has written under his name. 'I'm not ready to be an only child.' Mr. Pantaro, you have motivated my eighteen-year-old self to converse with the brother I've tried my hardest not to think about. He's in college, and I thought that if I don't think about him, I won't miss him. It's only now that I realized that this viewpoint I possessed is unbelievably selfish.

Godspeed, Walkazo. We will never forget you.

Hello, I know I'm a bit late on this, but I'd like to share my thoughts on this.

Not too long ago on another forum, somebody said a user (Who was a lesser-known friend of mine) has committed suicide. It was devastating to hear, even if I don't know them well. Not too soon afterwards, it was revealed to be a prank. It's an outright terrible, cruel, awful thing to joke about. Note to anybody who reads this: NEVER do that EVER. Despite them not really dying in the end, it still has set me in depression - for my entire life I had feared death greatly, and I always had this lingering thought that I will die someday, this case only made it worse and has not been vanquished.

Now, this April Fools I wanted to check out Mario Boards to see if they had any funny things going on. The first thing I saw was this thread. I'll be honest, at first I thought it was going to be like the scenario above. I avoided this thread so I didn't spoil the good day. But now I'm reading this and... I don't know what to say... I'm very sorry this had to happen, to all of Mario Boards, to Pantaro, and especially to Walkazo.

Being a not so active member on the forums, I did not know her well. We may have chatted here and there on the forums, but seeing her disappear just like that is... extremely saddening. She seemed like an absolutely great person. I just know that she doesn't deserve this. I hope she has made the best of her life, and also I really appreciate everything everybody has said. These are all really heartfelt messages. I wish she was here to see them, I think she'd really appreciate them.

Rest in peace Walkazo, you will certainly be missed by all of us. :'(

It's been a week since I found out.

The emptiness feeling is gone, but it's still hard for me.

Returning to my old profile is probably the next best step for me to accept it.

I changed my custom title to something related to my theme, but don't think that means I don't care about this anymore.

The fact that someone doesn't have anything related to her passing in his signature or title , doesn't mean that they don't care .

That's like , when the Paris issue happened. People who didn't put the flag stripes in their avatar in facebook can still be aware and care.

True concern and feelings matter about the subject; making others be aware that you are aware doesn't really matter , but it's still nice that you let them know.

I agree with Swiftie_Luma even if they don't mention it, they still will care and will pay their respects and tributes to her.

From what I know, the first post in this thread has more likes than any other post on this forum so far, which goes to show how liked Walkazo was.

So, it's been quite a few days, how are any of you doing? I'm pretty much back at my normal life, but I'm just wondering if any of you have sprung back quite yet.

i think i've reached the acceptance stage of grief; walkazo may be gone, but her spirit will live on in our hearts forever

her death was more or less a wake-up call for me, in that it could happen to any of us at any time

i've decided that it's time for me to better myself, so that I can leave behind a legacy, like walkazo did

My life is essentially how it was again now, but I still get sad when the thought of her crosses my mind.

I have avoided going on Skype a lot for the past few weeks because I had to see her account on my Recent Contacts list and it just hurt so much, but I'm able to look through our old conversations now, so there's that. I'm no longer crying, and can reflect on the good times we've had with greater ease now, but I still feel so broken... she was so important to me, she was a huge part of who I was, and her passing has left a big hole in me. A conversation we had just over a week before the accident really stung, tho:
[20/03/2016 11:39:51 AM] Walkazo ワカゾ: Nah, you were always a good person. I've seen you change your outward persona, and maybe your middle-depth attitudes too, but throuh every phase, I knew it wouldn't last, that's why I always stuck around even when you were being awful: I knew the real you was still in there, and would still come back
[20/03/2016 11:40:25 AM] Paula Soroczynski: it's probably a bit more consistent now, but I have emotional outbursts and breakdowns still
[20/03/2016 11:40:29 AM] Paula Soroczynski: I want to be stable, tho
[20/03/2016 11:40:32 AM] Paula Soroczynski: for the sake of my friendships
[20/03/2016 11:41:57 AM] Walkazo ワカゾ: Yeah, breakdowns and stuff aren't fun.
[20/03/2016 11:42:33 AM] Walkazo ワカゾ: My recourse is always hiding them from everyone, which isn't particularlyl healthy, but w/e
[20/03/2016 11:44:44 AM] Paula Soroczynski: well, you have me, at least
[20/03/2016 11:46:13 AM] Walkazo ワカゾ: Thanks. And you have me.
I miss her so much, still. It's just... slowly getting easier to accept that she's gone.

Most people here aren't still in contact with Scarecrow von Steuben, but I've been chatting with him since he also lost someone before their time, and he's been a huge help; he suggested to me that the first time you lose someone extremely close to you, it stays with you forever. It'll always leave a permanent scar, it's just a matter of how you deal with the pain that determines how badly it messes you up. I think that's true, which in a way goes to show how much of an impact Walkazo made on my life... that she's left me feeling this way in her tragic passing, I just wish I showed her how much she meant to me while she was alive.

I still have the candle burning for her, at least.

Everything's gone back to normal for me, for the most part. There's still some things that sadden me at times - particularly the sight of birds, but I've tried taking that as a good thing, that she's with the animals she loved and cared for the most. I'm sure she is making countless winged friends, wherever she's at. :')

I still miss her so much and whole-heartedly regret every single day not talking to her recently, but I'm happy knowing she's at least at peace and I hope she does know just how much we loved and still love her.

I'm basically on Neptune's boat in that it's opened up my eyes a lot and I feel even more driven and determined to do things and to bridge my friendships and relationships even closer and enjoy my life to its fullest. I want to be able to leave my life, whenever that happens, knowing I got to do the things I enjoyed doing and knowing I got to be friends with as many people as I could as well as I could. I hope this all doesn't sound selfish, and I'm really sorry if it does and is selfish, but Walkazo's passing has made me want to be a better person - for myself, for my families (that includes you all), for my future. I don't know if Walkazo can see what we're posting, wherever she's at with the birds, but I wanted to say to her: thank you for impacting me and everyone here in so many ways possible - even though you're no longer with us physically, you're forever with us in spirit and as someone we can still look up to and admire. You've given me so much from eight years ago to today and you won't even get to know that now - and I'm sure others feel the same way - and for that, I say thank you, Walky. :')

I know I don't post anything meaningful much, but I consider you all to be a part of my family.

To Walkazo, even though I didn't know you personally, I want you to know that I looked up to you. You seemed like a really great person. I regret not saying a single word to you, but you'll always be a part of me. Rest in peace.

When I found out about this, I had been immediately saddened. I didn't know much about Walkazo except that she was an admin and an extraordinary one at that. Rest in peace.

Everything's normal again for the most part, but whenever I see the name Walkazo, I still get tears in my eyes. It's still pretty hard to believe she's gone for good.

I just told my mom about how Issue 111 of The Shroom is dedicated to Walkazo, and she was overwhelmed and honored. Even moreso than the fact our Catholic former neighbours are dedicating a mass to Walkazo.

I as a Muslim will still remember Walkazo in my prayers and in my heart. She did so much good for this community that it's hard to forget.

I didn't want to admit this, but it seems like I've gone straight from denial to acceptance. I was shocked at first and kept thinking "this didn't happen for real"; over the next few days the same emotion remained but was less intense and then suddenly disappeared completely. Maybe it's because I didn't know her personally as well as a lot of other people, but I didn't go through the normal stages of grief like some others said they did and I feel a bit selfish for it, even though I couldn't really control. Just mentioning it.

I think this is the first time I've actually gone through any kind of grief at all over a death, I haven't yet had the first hand experience of losing someone close.

Sorry for being so late. I never realized of this tragedy since Crocodile Dippy told me about it.

My sincere condolences to Walkazo's family and friends for her passing. I always recognized she was a sublime user in this wiki. Even being a 'crat in my days I was really a beginner in front of someone like her.

I and the community no wonder will profoundly miss her.

Here is a farewell video I made to Walkazo just now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back