Larry's Debate

Extra Poll #1: You're trapped by psycho Koopaling OC and you must choose one of three options for th

• Total voters
Stargatedalek said:
As for the poll it's pretty horribly made so I voted for "Mostly good. There could be improvements, but people just like to play the "race card"" but really just for the latter part. The problem isn't so much racism as classim, it just looks like racism because racism a long time ago has created these class barriers.
Ah, good point. I still think racism is at the core of this classicism you're mentioning though. You still can't avoid the disproportionate amount of African-American people being stopped by police or just overall more suspicion for African-American people. You also have e-mails written by a group of researchers where its content differed all but in name, and from its results race (and gender as well) does factor how likely someone will hire you, unfortunately.

That's because there wasn't a poll before. The poll was recent.

I don't really like using the polls.
Especially when Striker Mario criticises it twice as much as the thread itself.

Striker Mario said:
Ah, good point. I still think racism is at the core of this classicism you're mentioning though. You still can't avoid the disproportionate amount of African-American people being stopped by police or just overall more suspicion for African-American people. You also have e-mails written by a group of researchers where its content differed all but in name, and from its results race (and gender as well) does factor how likely someone will hire you, unfortunately.
Both are definitely causing problems, the real question is which causes which currently. As much as it definitely IS RACIST for police to target blacks, in some areas it's not completely invalid. IE if I was a police officer in an area with a lot of gang activity I would be more suspicious of black people and feel completely justified in being so. Does that mean it isn't racist? Of course not, it's definitely racist no matter how situationally justified it is. I just don't think the issue is nearly as simple as the media likes to make it look. You need to look at not only whether or not people are racist, but why they are and if there is a legitimate reason behind that which in some cases there is. Obviously it's not the fault of blacks they're stuck in poorer areas and so more of them end up involved in gangs, that's where the classism comes into play. But I also don't think it's the fault of the police profiling black people (in areas where this is actually an issue, if the police are profiling in some small town or low crime area that's just bad policing and they should be fired).

Debate #6
TRIPLE DAY:
1.)How do you feel about the GOP (particularly Trump's) stance towards Muslim-Americans and Muslim worldwide (Surveillance of mosques, ID cards, block refugees, kill family members of terrorists, torture, ect. ect.)

2.)Should the U.S close its doors to Middle East refugees?

3.)Do you think that human actions cause global climate change? (use "global warming" sparingly for you triggered folks.)

PrinceLarryKoopa88 said:
Debate #6
TRIPLE DAY:
1.)How do you feel about the GOP (particularly Trump's) stance towards Muslim-Americans and Muslim worldwide (Surveillance of mosques, ID cards, block refugees, kill family members of terrorists, torture, ect. ect.)

2.)Should the U.S close its doors to Middle East refugees?

3.)Do you think that human actions cause global climate change? (use "global warming" sparingly for you triggered folks.)

1. It's obviously just a bluff to gain appeal of right wing voters. Cruz however might be serious about his religious extremism.

2. They aren't already closed to all refugees? If anything they need to open their borders more in general, same for most places honestly.

3. It is objective and scientific fact that humans are not the sole cause of global warming but we are making it worse by speeding up the process unnaturally. The acid rain and pollutants that we produce that cause global warming are a lot more harmful in themselves than actually increasing the temperature.

The pole is very confusing, is 1 good or is 10 good? And what if you just don't get along well with anyone? Or what if you get along well with people of other races but not with annoying kids who whine about racism every second of every day regardless of what race they are?

2257 said:
but that's based on the assumption that you have a good understanding of the demographic makeup of local criminal gangs. which you don't, because criminals don't report their gang affiliation on their census form

and even if you did, to reasonably apply that information you need to have a good understanding of statistics. which you don't, because you're a police officer out on patrol who has to make quick decisions about whether to intervene in a potential crime in progress, and most people don't understand statistics even when they have a long time to spend thinking about it in a stress-free situation, and if you were REALLY that much of a statistics prodigy you would not be a cop because you would be using your skills to get rich on the stock market
You don't need the ability to work out statistics yourself, it's simply a matter of what people live in the area. There are some areas (I live in one simply because there are so many white people around here the odds are decent anyone who isn't is middle class) where the lower class is white drug addicts, so the police are acting logical to be more suspicious of a white lower class person in those areas than of a black person who is more likely to be middle class. In some places the lower class is mostly black people, so the police are logical to be more suspicious of them. It's not a nice thing to do by any means, but what I'm saying is that it isn't always the fault of the police for profiling but rather the fault of the system that created those class divides in the beginning.

PrinceLarryKoopa88 said:
Debate #6
3.)Do you think that human actions cause global climate change? (use "global warming" sparingly for you triggered folks.) [/b]
It's not "do you think", it's "do you accept the reality of anthropogenic global warming" or "do you deny it?" Yes, global warming is happening and human actions are the primary drive for it.

If people are "triggered" by the mere words "global warming" then shame on them. It perfectly describes what's going on with our global average temperatures: going up.

As for the GOP, they're just repeating history of xenophobia toward such groups.

PrinceLarryKoopa88 said:
3.)Do you think that human actions cause global climate change? (use "global warming" sparingly for you triggered folks.) [/b]

I don't think, I know that human actions cause global warming.

it still surprises me that there are people who deny that global warming exists
then again there's still tons of people who say the same thing about evolution so i guess i should lower my expectations

Nyrie said:
it still surprises me that there are people who deny that global warming exists
then again there's still tons of people who say the same thing about evolution so i guess i should lower my expectations
I know the following exist as well:

There are people who deny mental illness.

There are people who deny germ theory.

There are people who deny vaccines.

There are people who deny the existence of the Holocaust.

There are people who deny AIDS and HIV.

There are people who deny the existence of the moon landing.

Now imagine my expectations.

Magikrazy said:
I've met a girl who legit denies the existence of giraffes.

Nothing surprises me anymore.
I'm beginning to question the existence of Magikoopas...

people deny everything it's actually upsetting

i knew humans caused global warming and cried about how terrible we were when i was 11

Magikrazy said:
I've met a girl who legit denies the existence of giraffes.

Nothing surprises me anymore.

Okay this one surprised me, has she ever been to like any zoo?

The cause of global warming?

Science! Sure, maybe we're contributing to it, but the main cause is various effects of scientific laws on the earth.

That's just how I see it.

2257 said:
"if i broke a window it would be the fault of physics for making glass so dang breakable" ~ roy probably

That's making me laugh too hard.

so you're saying if we get shot, it's not the shooter's fault, but it's the gun's fault for being able to shoot

Nozomi Toujou said:
so you're saying if we get shot, it's not the shooter's fault, but it's the gun's fault for being able to shoot

No, that's the shooter's fault, hands down.

2257 said:
are you sure it's not the fault of god for making gunpowder combustable

As A Christian, I actually think that's what happened, but it wasn't a fault.

Nozomi Toujou said:
mosquitoes are worthless to the food chain
FINALLY SOMETHING I CAN AGREE ON.

Mosquitoes are trash tier. They only exist to make you sick and stuff. Most bloodsuckers are wortless that there would not be any ecological impact (same goes for ticks or any other harmful parasitic bugs). (Except leeches(they have a medicinal use I think?) and bats.

Back