Larry's Debate

Extra Poll #1: You're trapped by psycho Koopaling OC and you must choose one of three options for th

• Total voters
PrinceLarryKoopa88 said:
Stargatedalek said:
PrinceLarryKoopa88 said:
Striker Mario said:
PrinceLarryKoopa88 said:
I like both of them but I know some people like specific shells.
Speaking of tacos, there was a pizza ad on tv where this little kid had trouble eating a taco. Coming from Mexican heritage, I felt a little insulted by that. Seriously, kid, you don't know how to eat a taco? Get educated.
That's not being racist or anything, it's just a little kid being dumb.
I rephrase- The kid was 12.
I don't see how that changes anything. Was the kid actually having trouble or did the add spell it out? Because the latter is dumb and patronizing but I wouldn't say racist but if you're calling some random kid racist for actually not knowing how to eat a taco that's a pretty dick move on your end.
Tell me, when is the white supremacy going to end? When is this institutionalized racism going to end and we can live in this country together as Americans?

When did anybody mention white supremacy? Besides, if a kid had trouble eating a taco, a kid has trouble eating a taco. How is that racist in any way, shape, or form?

PrinceLarryKoopa88 said:
Stargatedalek said:
PrinceLarryKoopa88 said:
Striker Mario said:
PrinceLarryKoopa88 said:
I like both of them but I know some people like specific shells.
Speaking of tacos, there was a pizza ad on tv where this little kid had trouble eating a taco. Coming from Mexican heritage, I felt a little insulted by that. Seriously, kid, you don't know how to eat a taco? Get educated.
That's not being racist or anything, it's just a little kid being dumb.
I rephrase- The kid was 12.
I don't see how that changes anything. Was the kid actually having trouble or did the add spell it out? Because the latter is dumb and patronizing but I wouldn't say racist but if you're calling some random kid racist for actually not knowing how to eat a taco that's a pretty dick move on your end.
Tell me, when is the white supremacy going to end? When is this institutionalized racism going to end and we can live in this country together as Americans?
...I think you shouldnt jump to that conclusion, dude. you just went from being dickish about tacos to talking about white supremacy. thats.... not even close in terms of relevance.

Plus hard tacos are an Anglo invention anyway.
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/where-did-the-taco-come-from-81228162/?no-ist

Carnitas, yum. Now I want some! :fancy:

PrinceLarryKoopa88, do you realize how ridiculous you sound right now? Don't get insulted over what amounts to nothing. Some random user made a dumb joke on another forum on the way the Chinese people talk (I'm of Chinese heritage) and I was a tad offended, but I just warned him that the joke may come off as insensitive and even racist.

Like the way I see it white supremacy and racism are still big problems in society but this guy eating a taco wrong isn't really a malicious act against Mexicans. It's the same way that I don't think failing to use chopsticks right is racist either, just someone doing something poorly most likely because they're not used to it. (hell I'm half chinese and I can't use chopsticks very well)

It's way too easy to have stuff fall out the other end of the taco either way I've found

2016 Election - Civil debate
Healthcare - Civil debate
Tacos - Accusations of institutionalized racism and white supremacy stuff

Tacos are meant to bring love and happiness into our lives.

I'll admit I feel a little bad about enjoying Taco Bell when I can get Mexican-style tacos at the local taqueria, but it's not a race thing, more of a matter of supporting a local business vs a big chain.

The taqueria's main customers are people from my high school getting something for lunch, and their business can only have dropped since a McDonald's opened right next to it.

tl; dr i overanalyze everything what am i hamlet

I'm fearing for my dad's life. He lives in Mexico and I think someone's trying to hurt him. Thanks for your inconsideration.
Anyways moving on:

Debate #4
Which you prefer regarding video game platforms?
Handheld,
Console,
or Desktop

Esto nada tiene que ver con ser inconsiderados hacia tu papá. Lo siento por su situación y de verdad lo entiendo, pero no creas que estamos siendo groseros o inconsiderados porque no es así.

Console.

PrinceLarryKoopa88 said:
Debate #4
Handheld,
Console,
or Desktop

What, laptops can't play video games?

By the way, PC is the best

PrinceLarryKoopa88 said:
Debate #4
Handheld,
Console,
or Desktop

None of the above, unless you consider a smartphone a handheld.

PrinceLarryKoopa88 said:
I'm fearing for my dad's life. He lives in Mexico and I think someone's trying to hurt him. Thanks for your inconsideration.
Playing the guilt-trip game with us isn't going to score you favors.

I used to be a console person, but I'm slowly growing to PC games, especially with this rut Nintendo's in.

Striker Mario said:
PrinceLarryKoopa88 said:
Playing the guilt-trip game with us isn't going to score you favors.

I used to be a console person, but I'm slowly growing to PC games, especially with this rut Nintendo's in.
Are you trying to call me a liar?

No, we were criticizing your off-base overreaction to a taco commercial involving a kid having trouble eating a taco, and now I'm pointing out that you, out of completely nowhere, brought up an emotionally charged, yet totally illogical and irrational subject to try to make us feel bad that your father is in danger, and to tie in with your view that, from what I'm guessing, we are racially insensitive and personally insulting you and your heritage (like when you brought up white supremacy completely out of nowhere in your passive-aggressive stunt disguised as a question). Accusing me of calling you a liar, too, that is totally uncalled for when all I did was criticize you out for taking things way too personally. I do not like that kind of attitude from you, and it's apparent that other users don't either so stop taking everything so personally and start debating properly especially in a thread where you're inviting us to partake in this.

We could discuss about healthcare and even the value of life, why can't we discuss about how you overreacted to a taco advertisement without delving into such pitiful accusations?

where's that best of marioboards twitter account

Fine, striker mario, I'm sorry for being a jerk and I'll quit being so personal. Just drop the previous two debates and improve this one. Can we make a deal on that?

I've experimented with all 3 types and I have to say I love PC. Handhelds and Consoles are fun, but you can get more data with PC, also, with some games, you can get fun mods to play with. Some people don't like mods but I like them to add something new once I've already completed all the main stuff.

PrinceLarryKoopa88 said:
Some people don't like mods

People who don't like mods are called "idiots"

Billy The Kitten said:
There are definitely games that are greatly enhanced by use of mods (like Minecraft, except Command Blocks do make the vanilla game more versatile) and PC does make that a lot easier.

Are there games that AREN'T enhanced by mods?

Back