Paper Mario: Color Splash

The King of all Mario RPGS said:
Many believe they're hard but if you use a thing sticker/card you can kill an enemy in 1-2 seconds making the battle too easy.
Who, exactly?

Striker Mario said:
Many believe they're hard but if you use a thing sticker/card you can kill an enemy in 1-2 seconds making the battle too easy.
Who, exactly?
YouTubers such as SkywardWing think the battles are HARD and others such as JammerProHD and I think SuperMarioT think they're a piece of cake.

When pondering what one of the developers mentioned about how the main appeal of Paper Mario is the creative ways of paper usage, I remembered seeing the first Paper Mario footage and liking the art direction because it blended flat sprites in a 3D world. I got the same impression in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, in which the main thing that was showcased was the concept of paper used further, where Mario got some paper-related abilities, and even some of the bosses are creatively-designed around the use of paper (there must be a reason Hooktail has three variations, after all). Even Super Paper Mario's main selling point is Mario's ability to Flip the dimensions to unseen parts of the world. I guess for most people, the main takeaway from the past Paper Mario on what was appealing about them is the new worlds that were introduced in those games, and it definitely helped that the battle system is easy to grasp and streamlined. From that perspective, I agree with what that developer said about the main appeal in Paper Mario.

That Super Mario Bros. 3 portion looks really cool! If Paper Mario: Sticker Star is of any indication, those 2D Goomba should be able to be fought in battle considering that mural paintings are enemies in Paper Mario: Sticker Star. I wonder if this is only a one level thing, given that the Flip ability only made sense in this level.

Thanks for reading.

YouTubers such as SkywardWing think the battles are HARD and others such as JammerProHD and I think SuperMarioT think they're a piece of cake.
The thing is, Mario RPGs aren't known for their difficulty, which is why I asked.

Striker Mario said:
The thing is, Mario RPGs aren't known for their difficulty, which is why I asked.
But from what I've heard Sticker Star along with Color Splash are more action adventure games than RPGS but still have the traditional battle system and a few other RPG elements in there.

Magikrazy said:
What does that have to do with difficulty?
The different gameplay. Normal RPGS bosses and mini-bosses aren't known for their difficulty but there is a mini argument to wheter bosses in Sticker Star and Color Splash are super hard or super easy.

Normal RPGS bosses and mini-bosses aren't known for their difficulty

you haven't played many rpgs, have you?

strange from someone proclaiming himself the "the greatest rpg gamer"

Baby Luigi said:

I have too. I was meant to say the foreground field tactics aren't bosses are.

Baby Luigi said:

I have too. I was meant to say the foreground field tactics aren't bosses are. I mean don't just go judging someone immediately.

Is it just me or is calling Paper Bowser (I use paper to separate him from 3D Bowser) "???" very strange. Like, there is more to this than what meets the eye. It got me thinking: What if that Bowser is not Bowser at all? What if Paper Bowser copied himself? What if black Bowser is a trap for Mario to fall into? But if I'm wrong, then I just saying strange things (and without knowing some stuff, it is). The UK knows who Bowser is. It is hard to hide a picture of Bowser even with "???" from anyone. Although, it could be a richerical question-ish statement. What are your thoughts? Do you think that black Bowser is or is not Paper Bowser?

Yoshi the SSM said:
Is it just me or is calling Paper Bowser (I use paper to separate him from 3D Bowser) "???" very strange. Like, there is more to this than what meets the eye. It got me thinking: What if that Bowser is not Bowser at all? What if Paper Bowser copied himself? What if black Bowser is a trap for Mario to fall into? But if I'm wrong, then I just saying strange things (and without knowing some stuff, it is). The UK knows who Bowser is. It is hard to hide a picture of Bowser even with "???" from anyone. Although, it could be a richerical question-ish statement. What are your thoughts? Do you think that black Bowser is or is not Paper Bowser?
The cutscene introducing him explicitly calls him Bowser, though, so I don't know what to think about that UK page, really. Regarding Bowser, it's clear that there is something strange with him (that Peach line and that scene of Bowser's throne room clearly wanted to suggest this) but of course this won't be spoiled before the actual embargo is lifted and full gameplay videos start to be uploaded.

Interesting....

What I found interesting is the return of Dino-Torches from Super Mario World. Also fun to see that Lemmy got a circus, which confirmed once again his love for the circus. Also for Yoshi's case as an enemy, this is probably a kind of minigame like how you need to make a race against two Yoshis in Paper Jam, but we need for information about this.

By the way, Lemmy was shown outside of the battle, with Toads rooting for him. I always knew he's a good guy, loved also by the other good guys... :bowjr:

And in Bowser's reveal trailer, the Big Paint Stars talk, making them original characters pertaining to a new species. Surprised that there wasn't much talk about this "rarity"...

LudwigVon said:
Also fun to see that Lemmy got a circus, which confirmed once again his love for the circus.
The interesting part here, is that the circus was mentioned in the Nintendo Power guide of SMB3, a North American guide. Seeing this recognized in Japan is quite surprising, after what happened in Paper Jam (where lines referencing information originating from that guide only appeared in the German version and thus were more likely the work of a single person, possibly even slightly against the corporation policy on the characters and their current depictions).

LudwigVon said:
Also for Yoshi's case as an enemy, this is probably a kind of minigame like how you need to make a race against two Yoshis in Paper Jam, but we need for information about this.

This could be true, but this isn't the first time that the Paper Mario series (more specific than Mario franchise) had a Yoshi as an enemy. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door had the Yoshi that you hatched as an enemy if the player defeated Goombella, Koops, and Flurrie. In that game, the 4 were tricked into being with Doopliss. I wonder if that is the same way with that Yoshi, maybe not even joining Mario at all, though, into being tricked into being with Lemmy.

Even though most of the enemies are found in past Mario games, it somehow felt like the enemies are new since they weren't in a Paper Mario game before. As an example, Dino-Torches weren't in a prior game. Bone Goomba looks like it will be in this game, given that it is found as an enemy card. And of course, there are the Koopalings.

With 5 of the Koopalings revealed, that leaves out Larry and Roy. It's easy to guess that Larry would be another world boss like the rest of the Koopalings, but I wonder what's in store with Roy.

Thanks for reading.

https://youtu.be/TiaKksG06SU

https://youtu.be/KwAXAp-ZKBc

Australia uploaded the next episodes a little early, probably will get taken down soon.

Oh, this should be interesting:

https://www.reddit.com/r/papermario/comments/543e2r/guy_preorders_the_digital_version_of_paper_mario/

You know how you can preload data for eShop games?

Yeah, Nintendo screwed up. Instead of sending out pre order type data, Nintendo literally provided anyone who preloaded the title with the full game. Two weeks ahead of its release date.

In other words? Expect to see the Paper Mario Color Splash pages on the wiki get much better than useful prior to the official release date! Cause we should be able to find out things like the final boss, other levels and bosses, any returning characters, etc in the next few days or so.

soundtrack is being uploaded as we speak for anybody interested

Back