Paper Mario: Color Splash

LUDWIG'S PACKING HEAT

I think I might pass on this game if it gets shitty reviews.

Maria Renard said:
I think I might pass on this game if it gets *bleep*ty reviews.

Bloody?

this game actually looks really charming, but i doubt i'll be getting it since the gameplay seems bland

idk, it has to be his appearance in Double Dash.

I actually got a Paper Mario 64 vibe with how Iggy introduced himself. However the actual fight looks less than entertaining.

that iggy video is actually the first time i've watched a color splash video and why does everything look like stop-motion animation? it looks jarring and incomplete, like there are missing frames or something.

It's been like that in Sticker Star. I'm not sure what they're going for, maybe for a more papery stop-motion feel rather than a geometrical flash thing, but I don't like it either.

i still despise the whole "use x thing card to beat the boss" system but at least the koopalings actually talk

Well at least Iggy's battle didn't require one specific card to beat, which is what made the Sticker Star bosses so meh.

Cory Baxter said:
Well at least Iggy's battle didn't require one specific card to beat, which is what made the Sticker Star bosses so meh.
meh? I think the word your looking for is bad, meh means forgettable, I will never forget how painful those bosses were.

The Iggy battle imo is what meh is, it just looks boring and lacks creativity however this could well be the first boss in the game (although Mario's HP at this point doesn't convince me) and therefore not as bad to start the game off. I'm considering that if the all the chapter bosses are going to be koopalings, that they end up doing more with them to at least make them unique.

I didn't really find the SS bosses painful, all you needed to have was the right thing sticker and the battle would be easy.

And I like Iggy's battle, the chariot gimmick seems alright, and also the fact that you can't jump on them and have to use a different sticker.

NSY said:
Cory Baxter said:
meh? I think the word your looking for is bad, meh means forgettable, I will never forget how painful those bosses were.
Believe it or not there is an actual definition for the term "meh":
Wikipedia said:
Meh /mɛ/ is an interjection used as an expression of indifference or boredom. It may also mean "be it as it may". It is often regarded as a verbal shrug of the shoulders. The use of the term "meh" shows that the speaker is apathetic, uninterested, or indifferent to the question or subject at hand.

Cory Baxter said:
I didn't really find the SS bosses painful, all you needed to have was the right thing sticker and the battle would be easy.
That just makes them boring though because you just use an OP Sticker with little to no consequence.

Cory Baxter said:
from that video i got the impression that you have to use the bone card to win

Back