Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Silver

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Bowser Jr.

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

kat-rin koopa

Koopa Troop Soup is really nice
Some of my Koopa spies have got wind to a new Olympic Games game coming out. This is the article in question;

sonicandmarioscan-215x300.jpg

A little trawling at SegaNerds reveals that they have translated the page, and can be read here.

Here.

I liked the last one, but that was only because royal highness was the strongest character, as he should be.

I heard rumors of them making a sequel to M&S Olympics about a month ago. Seems like they might actually do it.

Bard said:
The first one didn't even sell well. Why would they make a sequel?

...What?

I don't need Koopa spies to tell me that M&S outsold both SSBB and SMG in the UK, and likely did just as well around the globe. How did you get the idea it didn't sell well?

kat-rin koopa said:
Bard said:

...What?

I don't need Koopa spies to tell me that M&S outsold both SSBB and SMG in the UK, and likely did just as well around the globe. How did you get the idea it didn't sell well?

Brawl:
Worldwide - 8.47m
USA - 4.85m
Japan - 1.91m
UK - 1.71m

Galaxy:
Worldwide - 7.96m
USA - 4.23m
Japan - 1.02m
UK - 2.71m

M&S:
Worldwide - 6.71m
USA - 2.28m
Japan - 0.59m
UK - 3.84m

Get your facts straight before posting. It beat them out in the UK, but failed just about everywhere else.

Bard said:
kat-rin koopa said:
Bard said:

...What?

Brawl:
Worldwide - 8.47m
USA - 4.85m
Japan - 1.91m
UK - 1.71m

Galaxy:
Worldwide - 7.96m
USA - 4.23m
Japan - 1.02m
UK - 2.71m

M&S:
Worldwide - 6.71m
USA - 2.28m
Japan - 0.59m
UK - 3.84m

Get your facts straight before posting. It beat them out in the UK, but failed just about everywhere else.

If that's what you would class as BAD sales, then I would have thought you though SMG and SSBB sold bad, too. If games which sell under 1 million copies worldwide can get sequels, a game earning 6.7 million certainly can.

tucayo said:
i hated the first one, i hope this one is better
Pretty much this, I just couldn't get into the first.

I might not even bother buying it, I might just rent it.

tucayo said:
Mario said:
tucayo said:
i hated the first one, i hope this one is better
Pretty much this, I just couldn't get into the first.

I might not even bother buying it, I might just rent it.
Or make a friend buy it, so i play it at his house
... I wonder when its coming out. I hope it better than the last one. And I hope there's new character too.

This one will fail just as hard as the last one.

kat-rin koopa said:
If that's what you would class as BAD sales, then I would have thought you though SMG and SSBB sold bad, too. If games which sell under 1 million copies worldwide can get sequels, a game earning 6.7 million certainly can.

Except that SMG and SSBB are actually good games. M&S isn't.

Stooben Rooben said:
I haven't bought the first one, and don't plan on buying it. I don't plan on buying this one, either.

These games are Garbage with a capital G. One word: fail. Plus, its made by Sega, so the instruction manual will always use Sonic for examples and always give sonic the highest billing. I'm not suprised if they change it to "Sonic and Mario at the Olympic Games" or even "Sonic and a Fat Plumber at the Olympic Games". These games are garbage and Nintendo should refuse to publish it. END OF STORY. :posh: :posh: :posh: NOW ITS THE END :posh: :posh: :posh:OKAY, NOW ITS REALLY THE END :posh:I'll stop.

Clay Mario said:
Stooben Rooben said:
I haven't bought the first one, and don't plan on buying it. I don't plan on buying this one, either.

These games are Garbage with a capital G. One word: fail. Plus, its made by Sega, so the instruction manual will always use Sonic for examples and always give sonic the highest billing. I'm not suprised if they change it to "Sonic and Mario at the Olympic Games" or even "Sonic and a Fat Plumber at the Olympic Games". These games are garbage and Nintendo should refuse to publish it. END OF STORY. :posh: :posh: :posh: NOW ITS THE END :posh: :posh: :posh:OKAY, NOW ITS REALLY THE END :posh:I'll stop.
Sonic and Mario at the Winter Games would sound weird.

Azel said:
kat-rin koopa said:

Except that SMG and SSBB are actually good games. M&S isn't.
As much as I would love to agree, I'm afraid that stating your opinion (even if it is the generally accepted one) is a bad argument.

Azel said:
kat-rin koopa said:
Bard said:

...What?

Brawl:
Worldwide - 8.47m
USA - 4.85m
Japan - 1.91m
UK - 1.71m

Galaxy:
Worldwide - 7.96m
USA - 4.23m
Japan - 1.02m
UK - 2.71m

M&S:
Worldwide - 6.71m
USA - 2.28m
Japan - 0.59m
UK - 3.84m

What's with UK buying games in reverse popularity...? (they must be mavericks)

I guess the game would be set in Vancouver... which means, if they do make a 2012 version (heck, they may be just that much desperate), it may sell in the UK better than other games. Yay London

Well, seeing how mediocre the first game was, I think it's safe to assume that the second one will be just as bad, if not worst.

SolarBlaze said:
Well, seeing how mediocre the first game was, I think it's safe to assume that the second one will be just as bad, if not worst.
Yeah, seriously. I don't get how they sold over 6 million copies...

Back