Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Silver

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Bowser Jr.

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
Just got the game. It's better than the original, I haven't touched Festival Mode yet, but I did buy all the music from the Music shop.

Oh, and I SUCK at Speed Skating.

Feel free to ask me anything.

Shadow Bowser said:
Feel free to ask me anything.
How funny does Wario look figure skating? :P

SolarBlaze said:
Am I the only one who's in no way looking forward to this game? Like I said before, this game looks slightly better than the first one, but I'm still not getting my hopes up. It doesn't matter to me how good the graphics are, or which characters they're adding to the game; if it has nearly the same average, boring, mediocre gameplay as the first one, then it isn't worth anything. The only reason the first one sold so well, is because of the fact that there are several people who will simply buy anything that has "Mario" or "Sonic" stamped onto it. Unfortunately, history is going to end up repeating itself yet again.

That´s the key part.

Precisely, the first one sucked ass because no matter how appealing the characters were, the gameplay was lame and boring. This one fixes it A LOT. Just look at dream alpine sky: Mario kart on skis and in classic mario and sonic levels. Just that event is a gazillion times better than the entire past game.

And there´s 12 dream events with various courses for each one

And the normal events are no longer qte-like. Just look at the bosleigh one: 6 people sliding down at the same time? FUN.

And there´s a story mode

And there are bosses

No matter how bad the first one was, this one kicks ass. Really.

Easmo said:
SolarBlaze said:
Am I the only one who's in no way looking forward to this game? Like I said before, this game looks slightly better than the first one, but I'm still not getting my hopes up. It doesn't matter to me how good the graphics are, or which characters they're adding to the game; if it has nearly the same average, boring, mediocre gameplay as the first one, then it isn't worth anything. The only reason the first one sold so well, is because of the fact that there are several people who will simply buy anything that has "Mario" or "Sonic" stamped onto it. Unfortunately, history is going to end up repeating itself yet again.

That´s the key part.

Precisely, the first one sucked ass because no matter how appealing the characters were, the gameplay was lame and boring. This one fixes it A LOT. Just look at dream alpine sky: Mario kart on skis and in classic mario and sonic levels. Just that event is a gazillion times better than the entire past game.

And there´s 12 dream events with various courses for each one

And the normal events are no longer qte-like. Just look at the bosleigh one: 6 people sliding down at the same time? FUN.

And there´s a story mode

And there are bosses

No matter how bad the first one was, this one kicks ass. Really.

Easmo, are you sure there are 12 dream events? Only 5 are on the official website, and apparently that is the complete list. :/

There's 11 Dream Events. I currently have five unlocked.

Dream Ski Jump
Dream Alpine Skiing
Dream Snowboard Cross
Dream Snowball Fight
Dream Ski Cross

And there's also Mario & Sonic music that can be bought in the Music shop. Once you buy the Music Player, you can listen to any song during any event, except for Ski Jump, Figure Skating, and Dream Figure Skating.

lol, 12 seemed like a more logical number, but still, 11 is a pretty decent number. Specially if we count that some of them have various tracks instead of ONE track for each event like in the previous game (dream race anyone?)

I just bought the music player, so I can now change the music in events.

I also unlocked two more Dream Events; Dream Gliding, and Dream Short Track.

The bosses I've faced so far in Festival Mode are:

King Boo (Downhill Skiing)
Omega (Speed Skating)
Bullet Bill (Skeleton)
Jet (Snowboard Cross)

Only the Mario bosses feel like bosses. The Sonic bosses seem like they should be playable characters.

Is Festival Mode a story mode, or is it kind of like Circuit Mode in the first game?

Festival Mode is more like a story mode. There are 17 days, and you must beat all the events in each day in order to move on to the next day. If you have the highest score at the end, you are crowned champion.

I got the game, although I wasn't able to play the Wii one much, as I have a cold. =/

Dr. Evil said:
Only the Mario bosses feel like bosses. The Sonic bosses seem like they should be playable characters.

Totally. Omega, Jet, Eggman Nega and King Boo would have been great playable characters.

And Maybe Dry Bowser, even if he´s just another version of Bowser.

Still, there is something that tickles me with the Mario bosses... why so many generics? Dead Bowser , and a Banzai Bill? Come on! The only "unique character" on the mario bosses side is King Boo, while there are NO generics in Sonic´s side. How about Petey? Or Kamek? Hello?

I finished Festival Mode, and beat the rest of the bosses.

Rouge (Figure Skating)
King Boo again (he returns for a rematch)
Eggman Nega (Ski Cross)
Dry Bowser (Ice Hockey)

But I played Single, I need to try Team next.

And now I have 10 Dream Events.

Dream Ski Jumping
Dream Alpine
Dream Snowboard Cross
Dream Ski Cross
Dream Snowball Fight
Dream Gliding
Dream Short Track
Dream Bobsleigh
Dream Ice Hockey (best event in the game imo)
Dream Figure Skating

I just need Dream Curling and I'll have them all.

Lucario, is it possible to stop in the middle of Festival Mode, or do we need to do it all at once?

Jailer Noah said:
Lucario, is it possible to stop in the middle of Festival Mode, or do we need to do it all at once?

Yes, you can stop in the middle of Festival Mode. You can save, and pick up where you left off.

I've played the Wii one. Figure Skating has about 6 songs to skate to, and to answer Vile's question, Bowser, Wario, and Donkey Kong look ridiculous figure skating.

The shop is a nice edition, and it is not too hard to get star tokens, which is good. The biggest challenge of the shop is unlocking the costumes and stuff, which seems to be way harder than buying them.

IGN gave it a 6.5, GamesRadar gave it an 8/10 and some other lesser known site gave it a 9/10.
Not that I pay that much attention to review sites, especially IGN, but all the feedback that I've seen is very positive.

Jailer Noah said:
I've played the Wii one. Figure Skating has about 6 songs to skate to, and to answer Vile's question, Bowser, Wario, and Donkey Kong look ridiculous figure skating.
I bet Robotnik looks pretty stupid as well. :P

I, for one, was extremely pissed of when they added Metal Sonic. He's the most bad-ass character in the series, but now he's been degenerated to the point where he's willing to ignore ideal opportunities to kill his arch-nemesis once and for all.

Dr. Eggman is excusable, since he's still human, and like Bowser, isn't necessarily bad all the time, but Metal Sonic here...

Well, anyway, I'd go with Donkey Kong. Yeah, he's cool.

Metal Sonic is excusable. After Sonic Heroes, Dr. Eggman reprogrammed Metal Sonic to be obedient again. Eggman told Metal Sonic to put killing Sonic aside, so they could compete in the Winter games.

Of course, it's only a matter of time until Metal Sonic copies a bunch of powers, and goes all evil again. Unless Eggman took away his copy ability when he reprogrammed him.

Dr. Evil said:
Metal Sonic is excusable. After Sonic Heroes, Dr. Eggman reprogrammed Metal Sonic to be obedient again. Eggman told Metal Sonic to put killing Sonic aside, so they could compete in the Winter games.

Of course, it's only a matter of time until Metal Sonic copies a bunch of powers, and goes all evil again. Unless Eggman took away his copy ability when he reprogrammed him.
I can just imagine a sort of comic where Metal Sonic tries to resist this obedience code/program/whatever, and threatens to kill everyone there, before Eggman quily powers him down and tries to fix him again.

I hired it out today and have beaten single Festival. I need to do Team Festival now!
My Costumes:
Brant (Me): Skeleton Top and Pants, Blue Hood, Blue Motercycle Gloves, White Basketball Shoes
Shezz (Sheridan-Sister): Charmy Bee Suit
Mum (Anne-Thea): Chao Fit Gear, White Basketball Shoes, Red Motorcycle Helmet, Santa Gloves
Diddy Kong (Mii): Diddy Kong Suit (Diddy's in the game now, LOL)

I don't care what anyone says, this game SUCKS.

I mean, if you want Mario and Sonic in a video game together, don't make it a sports game, please.

Togepi said:

I mean, if you want Mario and Sonic in a video game together, don't make it a sports game, please.

They already said they can't make a platforming crossover, since Mario & Sonic have too many gameplay differences for it to work.

Dr. Evil said:
Togepi said:

They already said they can't make a platforming crossover, since Mario & Sonic have too many gameplay differences for it to work.

However, in the DS version there is Adventure Tour mode. It's not a platformer, but you walk around as Mario or Sonic taking missions. It's better than Festival Mode, in my opinion.

Dr. Evil said:
Togepi said:

How about an RPG? Or an action/adventure game? Besides, different gameplay styles didn't stop them from making Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2.

Back