Which games didn't age very well, in your opinion?

Yeah rby was pretty bad and filled with loads of bugs.

I still enjoy gsc though even if it is pretty dated when compared to hgss.

Even though I never played it, SMS has aged horribly because of those blue coins. It looks really hard to find all of them, especially the ones you haven't found yet, as you have to remember which ones you already got. And this is, keep in mind, coming from a guy that hasn't even played the game.

Plumber Peach said:
And this is, keep in mind, coming from a guy that hasn't even played the game.
that doesn't really add any credibility to your word. If anything, it takes away from it.

That still doesn't mean what I said wasn't true.

Plumber Peach said:
That still doesn't mean what I said wasn't true.
Sure, but you still can't say that a game has aged horribly if you've never played it. You don't actually know how frustrating the Blue Coins are or are not.

Princess Zelda said:
I don't think MP2 has aged that well. It's still a good game, but I think there are better Mario Parties out there
I thought this was Metroid Prime 2 until I read the second sentence. I was about ready to throw down there.

This is why I generally don't abbreviate.

I think Sunshine controls fine today (and I have played the game a bit, but it didn't hold my interest for very long). I think. I think I did remember struggling with the controls in precise platforming like that dang Sandbird level. The old 3D platformers make it pretty hard to run in a straight line or walk slowly (and I hope Odyssey doesn't control like this) since it's so sensitive to how the control stick turns. But it had other design elements I don't like and I wouldn't say has "aged" poorly because it was done poorly at the time as well.

Time hasn't been kind to Sunshine's graphics though. They look horrible. Mario's low-res eyes look blurry and as if it's made from watercolor, and prolonged swimming made it blurry.

I still think you guys are judging a bit harshly on the words of someone who says have never played the game. You can say if a game has aged badly or not without having actually played the game. I say GoldenEye has aged badly. I never played it except for watching my brother play it years ago. But the game looks bad today, I've seen it being described as impressively clunky, and the characters look like wooden dolls. If people explain to you how X game is bad compared to modern games, you still have a good idea if it has aged badly or not without having played it. You trust the words of those people.

But I still disagree with how Koops the koopa troopa defined the game as aging poorly, as I've stated above.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Mario's low-res eyes look blurry and as if it's made from watercolor
Plot twist: Mario was made of goop from Bowser Jr's paintbrush the whole time

I tried playing Ocarina of Time (on N64) recently, and in my opinion... I dunno, it just doesn't feel very solid. Maybe it's because I'm just in child Link stuff, but it felt slow-paced and kind of obtuse (considering it let you do the Lost Woods without even knowing that Saria's song is there yet). Got up to Death Mountain and I just felt "eh".

Kind of surprised, really, since I loved Majora's Mask.

Tuxedo Ridley said:
Princess Zelda said:
I don't think MP2 has aged that well. It's still a good game, but I think there are better Mario Parties out there
I thought this was Metroid Prime 2 until I read the second sentence. I was about ready to throw down there.

Dont worry its bad too.
WewGQ8H.png

Sunshine is one of the most difficult games in the series, even harder than the Lost Levels. It will make you want to break controllers like Rockman and Forte (Mega Man and Bass) and Mega Man X6.

Luigi 64DD said:
Mario Kart 64's controls
Actually even though it's only been a few days, I've changed my mind on this. I now think MK64's sensitive turning was a design choice making it so you use drifting much more sparingly than more recent games. It's harder to control, but I've decided that it's probably supposed to be more difficult. I think the reason so many people say it hasn't aged well is that they're more used to modern Mario Kart. In summary, MK64's physics aren't worse than modern Mario Kart, they're just different and more difficult. However the other things I said about MK64, like the graphics and technical problems, still stand.

Back