The Pyr-art Guy

Re: TPG's 3D Art Thread (with 2D sometimes)

This is kinda nitpicky, but there's one Shy Guy at the end of the gif who just floats there.

That's because the Shy Guy in the middle is still technically bound by the tiny cube, whereas the other Shy Guys collided with each other, forcing them all out of the cube.

Your work is really nice, mostly! Try to maybe fix the shy guy with the pencil's eyes, as the shading around the eyes is blocky and weird. Also, in the recent green cube animation, some of the shy guys at the bottom seem to evaporate. Try to somehow fix that. Although I know nothing about Blender, so I probably shouldn't be talking right now :P

Yeah, that's caused by the transparency issues with ezgif.com. It can't do translucency, only 100% opaque or 0%, so when something blurs, the translucent pixels either get removed or made 100% opaque.

qolQQ1H.gif

I did it the other way round this time.

5QTz4mi.png

:D

The render is pretty good buuuut I don't like the noisy shadows

Baby Luigi said:
The render is pretty good buuuut I don't like the noisy shadows
That's an issue with my laptop, not Blender. More powerful PCs are able to create clear, noiseless renders because of better processing, but my old thing? Nah.

r7iLVyL.png
Drawn on paper with a 3D model for reference, then scanned in and redrawn.

gotta bump this all the way to "ongoing fan projects"

Thew together a new rendering engine and some material experiments.
89uafuE.png

Also, I found the key to tackling grain and noise- more power! Making my computer sound like a hairdryer can't be good, but it gets results, so boo-yeah.

...alright, there's still noise, but I'm pushing the 'puter's limits here. Don't want another crash while I've got a whole document of unsaved awards stuff open!

My laptop sounded like a broken hoover.

aYFJvRL.gif

But at least I sorted out fluid simulations and cranked up the samples.

welp, my laptop's fans broke.

so I can't do anything that requires lots of power.

so instead of doing these flashy 3D material abstractions, I experimented with creating a set of 2D planes with textures to make an animation similar to Paper Mario's style of having separate textures for every part of the body.

TPG-fireball_throw.gif

Re: TPG's Art Thread (rip computer fans, rip 3D)

6pdinJ9.png

Baby Luigi suggested that I download a drawing program called Krita, and I love it already. It's the freakin' bomb.

The above image is me in a house I made up for my character a while back.

Re: TPG's Art Thread (3D is back, baby!)

Lp7tBd5.gif

when the quality of the water materials and physics is complemented by low resolution frames and whatever else happened when I converted video to gif

CoinBox-TPG.gif

Threw something together quickly. This is mainly just me trying to create realistically animated movements for solid objects, such as the ? box stretching when jumping.

Wmi1c8E.gif

2D line animation after watching some basic tutorials on tweens and building up movement. It's my first attempt, but I think it looks alright.

i realised that despite "pyro guy" being 70% of my username, i don't recall ever drawing the thing.

uDRK1ut.png

fQy1bfX.png

Togedemaru is cute and I want one

also choose pokémon moon or you are making a decision that i do not agree with

hHxtr05.png

I'm trying to create a model of my OC's flamethrower, which looks like this. I'm working from the back end of it to the tip, then adding the handles and grip, and after adding the gas tank I'll do textures.

wZlLubX.png

Now for textures.

Re: TPG's Art Thread

foiGQiE.png

Just popplioin to jump on that Sun & Moon Bandwagon for likes

Re: TPG's Art Thread (with a pinch of Pokémon)

Unless you meant Kanto Dugtrio & Exeggutor, no can do. Model's Resource hasn't uploaded that stuff yet.

Nevertheless, have all three starters plus I managed to change Popplio's expression.

L0lqr39.png

Well it looks like I forgot my theme name and made an Incineroar avatar but spent enough time on it to post it anyway

V9nGmj3.png

TQ0mUTi.png

cute

buncha people making pictures of their OCs with team skull grunt getup, so thank you edo for starting this fad that i can jump onto :bowser:

TbrTt2P.png

i had a go at non-cell-shading for this one, i'm sure i can improve from this though.

Back