Ideas for a following DKC game

Super Radio said:
Dr. Mario said:
Santa said:
Dr. Mario said:
I'd also like a game that explains what happened to DK Jr.. Maybe he's actually an incarnation of Diddy.
DKC's Donkey is DK Jr as an adult :/
And other sources say that DK Jr. is his father.
Alright, I see Magikrazy kind of generated a small conflict over here. Let me interfere: I personally find it more logical to assume that the current Donkey Kong is actually Cranky's son (Cranky Kong > DK Jr. > DK sounds quite iffy from a chronological point of view, don't you think so?), but I mostly see that as speculation and I don't like speculations over a such a goofy-toned franchise. I think we should all take it as it is: illogical. It's like the fact that Princess Peach, Baby Peach, and Cat Peach can be seen together in one game as separated characters, and nothing is concluded after any of us discovers a fancy theory to explain this fact. Seriously guys, it's just like in cartoons ! Let it be absurd ! But that is another matter of a subject...

I find it more logical to think DK Jr = current DK, but my personal headcanon is that DK in Donkey Kong IS him, just without a tie. Just look at the Game Boy game, it just means he found a tie. You say, "let it be absurd", but its conflicting sources that really make our head ache, especially for wiki writers who can't just make things up, and similar situations exist for (trigger warning) Toad.

I go by what DK64 says.

Cranky is arcade DK, Modern DK is DK jr

I know Donkey Kong's family tree is a more important subject, but it can be discussed on another thread. Did you forget what is the subject of this one? You know, ideas and stuff?...

Lol sorry we sometimes go off on a tangent

Normally if it gets too out of hand, a mod (the five guys with the red stars) will come in and fix it

Anyway, the weapons from Donkey Kong 64 should appear more often.

I understand.

Yes, the guns could appear more often, under the form of power-ups ! Okay, that's too much said... Maybe just collectable items. Instead of Diddy, or Dixie, or anybody else always wielding a specific gun whose only function is to stun enemies for a while with its projectiles (like in the past two DKC games), the heroes can pick up guns that have limited ammo - kinda like if the Fire Flower in Super Mario Bros. would have limited use. These guns could have much more power and could be used to actually BEAT foes or, why not, even destroy walls that hide bonuses.

If you ask me why do I not prefer having to unlock a gun once in the game and then collect ammo on the way to refill the gun (like in Donkey Kong 64), it's because I don't find this to work well in a 2D game. In conclusion, projectile-shooting items are the best as non-mandatory, limited items you can find throughout the game.

Back