Favorite Rainbow Road

Which Mario Kart has the best Rainbow Road?

• Super Mario Kart

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Mario Kart 64

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Mario Kart: Super Circuit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mario Kart: Double Dash

• Mario Kart DS

• Mario Kart Wii

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Mario Kart 7

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Mario Kart 8

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
I have a lot of nostalgia for MKDS's Rainbow Road, but I like 7's the most. It's beautiful, it has really good music and I like how you go on the moon.

Raigh said:
I have a lot of nostalgia for MKDS's Rainbow Road, but I like 7's the most. It's beautiful, it has really good music and I like how you go on the moon.

I actually thought this was sorta lame, mostly because it was a track made of sections instead of laps.

also SNES in MK8 is pretty fun and has great music.

7's is the best

does this mean I'm the odd man out yet again

7's has a good soundtrack as well

but then again I haven't played it in like a year so I could be thinking of the wrong one

Cirdec said:
Super Mario Kart Rainbow Road. Short but hard, with great music.

MK8 version is good

original would pr'y be better without the unreasonable controls

This was a tough one, since I have played and beat every Mario Kart game, so I have a lot of choices to choose from. I was able to narrow down to MKDD, MK64, and MKWii. All three of these have the best music by far, and were all challenging in their own way. But I had to narrow down to MK64 just because of the nostalgia and the music is great.

Mario Kart 7 is the only one set in deep space. The rest are just in the mesosphere or in a black void.

7's Rainbow Road is the best by far. I love how the level let you ride on different planets, a very interesting design choice. Great music and great level design, makes this the best Rainbow Road so far.

Mario Kart Wii, it was the most enjoyable to play.

MK8 and Double Dash had pretty good ones too. I don't care for the others.

7 had the best despite having a shitty track selection

Wii Rainbow Road

It had a excellent theme which goes along with the theme of Rainbow Road and it provided a great challenge for me dspite always falling off of Rainbow Road...

I also like Wii U Rainbow Road, DS Rainbow Road, and GBA Rainbow Road.

There are some missing options here. The poll should include the remade SNES Rainbow Road in Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Mario Kart 7 and Mario Kart 8. It should also include the remade N64 Rainbow Road in Mario Kart 8. If I could vote between those, I'd pick the remade SNES Rainbow Road in Mario Kart 7, easily.

Pi said:
There are some missing options here. The poll should include the remade SNES Rainbow Road in Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Mario Kart 7 and Mario Kart 8. It should also include the remade N64 Rainbow Road in Mario Kart 8. If I could vote between those, I'd pick the remade SNES Rainbow Road in Mario Kart 7, easily.
I didn't include remakes because they're the same course, just updated.

E: Wow! Mario Kart 7's is winning! I actually thought Mario Kart 64's was going to win. I wonder why I didn't say Mario Kart 7, it is the best! I guess I wasn't thinking. :rolleyes:

64 is the boringest Rainbow Road that's why it didn't win

I, on the other hand, am not surprised that Mario Kart 7's one won by a longshot.

Cowboy Guy said:
Pi said:
I didn't include remakes because they're the same course, just updated.
That's not my point. The remade versions of the Rainbow Roads I mentioned play very differently. The Mario Kart series is a series comprised of video games with gameplay. Therefore, it only makes sense to include the remade Rainbow Roads. For example, one common complaint that the Mario Kart 64 rendition of Rainbow Road gets is that it's too long and it's too boring to ride on considering there are rails everywhere. The Mario Kart 8 remake of the course fixes these two complaints brilliantly: it makes the entire course just one lap, and it makes it so that it's actually in the player's interest to stay on the centre of the path.

I think the Mario Kart 8 one should've been two laps; the current one feels a tad too short.

Also, the remade SNES Rainbow Road in Mario Kart: Super Circuit is different from the other two ones by being similar to the first one, but without stage hazards. So you have to put three different SNES Rainbow Roads or maybe lump SNES Rainbow Road MK7 and MK8 together since the latter is just a lazy eye-candy port of a remake.

None I hate them all.

...but if I have to chose, Double Dash.

Back