Where the heck has Toadsworth been?!

Walkazo said:
Baby Luigi said:
Harpesian said:
I hope Toadsworth and E. Gadd haven't died of old age.
No characters ever age, so uh that's kinda strange to think they died of being too old.
Two words:

Wrinkly Kong.

Even so, the other characters don't look like they age at all. Heck, Wrinkly Kong is still there, only as a ghost. I'd imagine the same would happen to E. Gadd and Toadsworth if they died.

Harpesian said:
Well, if you consider the babies and the Koopalings, you can clearly see some signs of ageing...

Baby Weegee always considers the babies

Yeah they do age somewhat in relation to Yoshi's Island and all other Mario games, but that's the most they age, and even so, it's not that much; all that really happens is an outfit change and that they are a little bit more sentient.

Baby Luigi said:
Walkazo said:
Baby Luigi said:
Harpesian said:
I hope Toadsworth and E. Gadd haven't died of old age.
No characters ever age, so uh that's kinda strange to think they died of being too old.
Two words:

Wrinkly Kong.

Even so, the other characters don't look like they age at all. Heck, Wrinkly Kong is still there, only as a ghost. I'd imagine the same would happen to E. Gadd and Toadsworth if they died.

Harpesian said:
Well, if you consider the babies and the Koopalings, you can clearly see some signs of ageing...

Baby Weegee always considers the babies

Yeah they do age somewhat in relation to Yoshi's Island and all other Mario games, but that's the most they age, and even so, it's not that much; all that really happens is an outfit change and that they are a little bit more sentient.

No, no, no; I was talking about the fact that they, y'know, grow into the adults?

And yet they appear alongside their adult selves in Mario Kart and Mario Superstar Baseball and whatever without explanation. Lampshading included.

I don't know, characters age when they just want to age.

It makes me wonder what happened when Partners in Time came along. Did Mario remember seeing his adult self as a baby? Why does he then act like he met Baby Mario for the first time?

Such a headache. It makes more sense if Baby Mario was from a separate timeline though.

I feel like the babies could be too young to remember that, and then Baby Bowser just didn't recognize himself or remember because he was stupid in that game. The real question is why didn't Toadsworth or Kamek ever bring it up. Or like, history books.

My headcanon is that the Stars altered the memories of everyone who knew time travel was involved to keep order to the world and minimize "I know I'm alive in the future so I'll be crazy reckless in the meantime" behaviour or something. That's my go-to answer for most things: the Stars did it. Or it was a dream/hallucination/heinous lies.

Walkazo said:
I feel like the babies could be too young to remember that, and then Baby Bowser just didn't recognize himself or remember because he was stupid in that game. The real question is why didn't Toadsworth or Kamek ever bring it up. Or like, history books.

My headcanon is that the Stars altered the memories of everyone who knew time travel was involved to keep order to the world and minimize "I know I'm alive in the future so I'll be crazy reckless in the meantime" behaviour or something. That's my go-to answer for most things: the Stars did it. Or it was a dream/hallucination/heinous lies.

Maybe Toadworth and Kamek's memories aren't too good in their old age?

Most of the Luigi's Mansion and Super Mario Sunshine characters (like E. Gadd, Toadsworth, King Boo and Petey) were kind of shoehorned into later GameCube era games for teh product placement. Partners in Time was one of the only games after their debut that found good roles for them. They aren't really relevant anymore, hence they've died out (although the latter two have made a resurgence in Paper Jam; probably because of the 'only Starlow and main series characters' unwritten rule for that game).

Back