Where the heck has Toadsworth been?!

garridk

Goomba
One of my favorite Mario characters has vanished. I loved this guy! From his voice, to his funny lines, to his constant worry about Peach, to his mustache! But after Mario Super Sluggers in 2008, he hasn't appeared on a home console game. And since Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, he hasn't appeared at all, with only one exception of Mario & Luigi: Dream Team in 2013. And we haven't seen him at all so far in Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam!
I assume his decline starting in 2009 was to make Toad more prominent again, but they brought back Toadette after her long absence, so where is this guy?!

I dunno, but I want him back too

It's a mystery at this point, or Nintendo completely forgot him. Hopefully he makes a reappearance soon. Thinking about it he's probably on a six year holiday, worrying about the princess is a lot of work you know.

they most likely retired him or he retired himself

probably the former

Birdo said:
Hopefully he doesn't go away. Also, I miss Birdo.
Birdos definitely need to come back. If there's another Captain Toad game, I hope we get some more Mario 2 enemies, including Birdos.

Birdo said:
Well, you'll be happy that she's in the main characters page of the Enyclopedia Super Mario Bros., on page 15. Tatanga, who is present in 2 of the 17 games there, isn't (well, even the Honey Queen and Wart aren't there, by the way).
And, to return on topic, Toadsworth isn't in the main characters page either, but I have to say he's appeared more in the other Mario games rather than the Super Mario Bros. games, as he was only in Super Mario Sunshine.

I find it ironic because in the GameCube/DS area it seemed like he was slowly replacing Toad. I would like to see him back though, he was funny, especially in Mario Party 7, where he called people funny things like old dog or old bean.

If he comes back, he should occasionally speak in vaguely British sounding gibberish.

Vic Morrow, Old Spice!

Pip pip pip and an artichoke dip!

Toadsworth might come back. We haven't had a lot of Mario spinoffs in general recently.

Also, this reminds me: what happened to E. Gadd as well?

E.Gadd was relegated to Luigi's Mansion and nothing else apparently.

Birdo said:
Yeah, I miss her too. She still appears, but usually as cameos or non-playable. I want her back as a regular in spinoffs again.

Raigh said:
I find it ironic because in the GameCube/DS area it seemed like he was slowly replacing Toad. I would like to see him back though, he was funny, especially in Mario Party 7, where he called people funny things like old dog or old bean.
Yeah, it did. And I feel that it's now been the opposite with Toad and Toadette slowly becoming more prominent again and replacing Toadsworth.

Harpesian said:
I hope Toadsworth and E. Gadd haven't died of old age.
You never know what the dark lords at Nintendo are thinking. It's nearly been 3 years since those two have had an appearance, but to be honest, there were longer gaps between their hiatuses.

The Golden Yoshi said:
Harpesian said:
You never know what the dark lords at Nintendo are thinking. It's nearly been 3 years since those two have had an appearance, but to be honest, there were longer gaps between their hiatuses.

True, true... For now, I'm just going to call their absence a "Lengthy Vacation", and hope they once again get worried about Princess Peach and ghosts, respectively.

Harpesian said:

No characters ever age, so uh that's kinda strange to think they died of being too old.

Harpesian said:
For our relative society standards, given that Toads live as long as humans and Mushroom Kingdom is comparable, Toadsworth doesn't seem THAT old since he can play fielder in a freaking lava pit and a wild jungle filled with crocodiles and barrels.

Baby Luigi said:
Harpesian said:

No characters ever age, so uh that's kinda strange to think they died of being too old.

Well, if you consider the babies and the Koopalings, you can clearly see some signs of ageing...

Harpesian said:
Baby Luigi said:
Harpesian said:

Well, if you consider the babies and the Koopalings, you can clearly see some signs of ageing...
Remember that some tortoises, when they reach adulthood, don't get older: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negligible_senescence
This is why, when Bowser in Super Mario Galaxy said that his empire would have lasted forever, wasn't probably joking!
Maybe Koopas pertaining to Bowser's species don't get old while the Koopa Troopas do (remember Petalburg!) and they became a ruling species because of that!

P.S.: the Italian version of Super Mario Galaxy shows a more humble Bowser that says that his empire will last 10000 years, so in Italy Bowser is less optimistic about his life span!

Back