Kirby topic

Truncado

Poyo! Embrace the Marshmallow!
So, who thinks Her/himself is a Kirby Expert and on what game?

Mine is Kirby Return to Dreamland and K64!

If a topic is dead, don't bother mentioning it. Sheesh.

BTW, my favorite Kirby game is Kirby & the Amazing Mirror.

I feel like a loser only owning Rainbow Curse and playing the demo of Dreamland.

I like both though. :P

Sylveon said:
Baby Luigi said:
That's funny way of saying Kirby Super Star Ultra

No, it's my favorite Kirby game so I pronounced "Kirby & the Amazing Mirror" perfectly fine

I think it's pretty obvious who my favorite character is and it's not dedede

I am definitely a Kirby expert. I've 100% almost every main series game I've come across.

My favorite game really depends on which one I happen to be playing, but for now I'll just say either Kirby's Adventure, KSSU, or Kirby Air Ride.

Kirby Air Ride is better than Mario Kart: Double Dash♪♪♪♪

I have fond memories with Kirby Dreamland 3, mainly because of its overall aesthetic. Although many viewed Kirby Super Star to be the superior SNES outing, no doubt thanks to its various game modes that tie well together with Kirby's abilities, along with some fan favourite characters thrown in, I felt like Kirby Dreamland 3's more laid back and inviting atmosphere (and not to mention emphasis on actions based on being light on text) made it felt better. I guess it's a bit sad to see that newer Kirby games don't tend to draw too much inspiration from its actual sequels (2, 3 and 64) compared to its other branch of sequels (Adventure, Super Star, Amazing Mirror and beyond).

On another point, I am surprised to see the lack of Kirby 64 keychains in Kirby Triple Deluxe. It should be a reminder that both Magolor and Ying-Yarn are both in this game as keychains, despite their lack of representation in pixel sprite form, so I thought some representation of Kirby 64 would be nice.

Thanks for reading.

I love Kirby.

My favorite game is Kirby 64. I wish they would use the Copy Ability system of this game more. You know what I mean, how you could combine two of them.

That would be awesome.

Baby Luigi said:
I've had more fun with most Kirby platformers than Mario platformers tbh
Seriously, SMM's the most fun I've had with Mario in years.

still can't beat triple deluxe true arena

and this is coming from the guy that thinks mega man is super easy

Threek said:
still can't beat triple deluxe true arena

and this is coming from the guy that thinks mega man is super easy
Eh. It'd probably be a cakewalk for me. But I wish I could beat Mega man.

Sylveon said:
Baby Luigi said:
Can you play with 2 people simultaneously in all modes in Super Star Ultra? Is Super Star Ultra a Metroid-vania-like Kirby game? No.

Baby Luigi said:
This x3 :fancy:

Dr. Mario said:
Sylveon said:
Baby Luigi said:
Can you play with 2 people simultaneously in all modes in Super Star Ultra? Is Super Star Ultra a Metroid-vania-like Kirby game? No.

Uhhh, helper?

Helpers aren't fully playable, but that's what I had in mind.

Kirby Fighters Deluxe is ultra underrated.

screw lack of online mode anyway, i don't even use that thing

Baby Luigi said:
If a topic is dead, don't bother mentioning it. Sheesh.

i love you, i also agree.

Although kssu is pretty freaking awesome.

love the franchise though, although i wish they'd do something a bit more fresh since it has felt very samey for awhile.

Well, Triple Deluxe felt like a Return to Dreamland port (with the same music as it), that's probably my biggest problem with it

Kirby's been kind of a cesspool for experimental gamestyles in recent years. Epic Yarn, Canvas Curse/Rainbow Curse, and Mass Attack never really caught my attention the way the more true-to-form games like Super Star and Amazing Mirror did.

Time Turner said:
Kirby's been kind of a cesspool for experimental gamestyles in recent years. Epic Yarn, Canvas Curse/Rainbow Curse, and Mass Attack never really caught my attention the way the more true-to-form games like Super Star and Amazing Mirror did.
I really don't like how you coin it as "cesspool" but otherwise, I think I like how Kirby is more willing to take different approaches than the Mario games. Mario games have been criticized for being "safe" and stuff, so maybe Mario should take some examples from Kirby.

Anyone else think Kirby Fighters deserve to be their own, full fledged Kirby spin-off series?

Back