The Kirby thread for everything Kirby

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
For all your kirby needs. There is more kirby than you can kirby a kirby at.

Kirby

I love Kirby. So happy the series's 20th anniversary got more than the disappointing Mario's 25th.

Magikrazy said:
I love Kirby. So happy the series's 20th anniversary got more than the disappointing Mario's 25th.

Agreed.

That collection was excellent.

Wittgenstein said:
Haven't played too many Kirby games, but I did enjoy Nightmare in Dream Land for GBA. Final boss is pretty cool.

I find that funny because a lot of your favourite Mario characters would be right at home in a Kirby game.

Mcmadness said:
Magikrazy said:

Agreed.

That collection was excellent.
In one disc, we got 6 classic games, some brand new challenges, a timeline showing the series's history, and three episodes from the anime.

In the other, literally Super Mario All-Stars and that's it.

And a book, but beyond that Kirby's was much better.

So, favourite game?

I think triple deluxe is mine. Especially for Dededetour.

I've been meaning to play more Kirby games. I've only played Kirby's Mass Attack, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, and one for the GBC that I can't remember the title atm. All are gr8 games. Especially KATAM.

DragonFreak said:
I've been meaning to play more Kirby games. I've only played Kirby's Mass Attack, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, and one for the GBC that I can't remember the title atm. All are gr8 games. Especially KATAM.
Tilt 'n' Tumble is what you're thinking of.

Anyways, what Kirby games would you recommend? Is the new one on 3DS similar to the one I played on GBA? I've seen footage of the Wii one (my nephew owns it, Return to Dreamland I think is the name) and it looks pretty cool. However the new Wii U one doesn't look like my cup of tea. I figure Kirby for the most part is similar enough to Mario for me to enjoy some of the games. I'd just like the ability to directly control my character (hence why I don't really like the Wii U one)

Ah, my favorite Nintendo franchise that isn't Smash Bros. My favorite game is Amazing Mirror, with Return to Dream Land and Triple Deluxe not far behind, though I enjoyed all of the games in the series I've played except maybe Dream Land 1.

GOD BLESS THIS THREAD!!!!! But I guess this is for Kirby instead, I can say I have played every main series Kirby game except Dreamland 2. Also shame on you for not making an "inb4 MK". Anyway, for my favorite main series game, I'd have to say either Super Star Ultra, Kirby's Adventure or Kirby Return to Dreamland. Triple Deluxe was great, but not as good as RTDL in my opinion because Meta Knight is no where in existence.
I also really like Kirby Air Ride, easily my favorite spin-off.

inb4 MK <--- conflict

Magikrazy said:
At least Mario's 25th was actually released in Europe.

Anyway, I like the Kirby series. Not my favourite by any means, but it's pretty fun.

I haven't really played any of their more recent games (especially on the console), but my favourite game would probably be a tie between Kirby and the Amazing Mirror and Kirby Mass Attack. Kirby Squeak Squad (it's Mouse Attack or something over here but I don't like that name) is a somewhat close third.

I like the Amazing Mirror. It's my favorite Kirby platformer, with Return to Dreamland coming in close second. As for overall, Kirby Air Ride is probably my favorite Kirby game. I've wasted HOURS on City Trials.

Back