The Official "Mario Cartoon" Thread

Technically that was an anime and while it is a japanese cartoon, with that argument Nintendo still has a cartoon

Magikrazy said:
A new Mario cartoon would be nice, but I'd rather have a Wario cartoon.

Make it a slice of life show that focuses on the employees of WarioWare, Inc.

As for a new Mario cartoon, I'd make it pretty similar to the old ones. Just update the animation to CGI, change the voice actors to their current ones, and bring in new characters like Bowser Jr, Toadsworth, and Petey Piranha.
To be honest, i prefer a cartoony animation, i kinda hate CGI.

Lonk said:
Magikrazy said:

As for a new Mario cartoon, I'd make it pretty similar to the old ones. Just update the animation to CGI, change the voice actors to their current ones, and bring in new characters like Bowser Jr, Toadsworth, and Petey Piranha.

Both are CGI......if you understood that CGI stands for "computer-generated animation"

It's either 2d or 3d animation

Magikrazy said:

Call it "New Super Mario Bros. Super Show" or bust.

And preferably, have another studio animate the goddang thing. And have better writers.

Oh, the show can totally incorporate WarioWare into it too, just that the Mario guys get some interaction out of it.

Baby Luigi said:
Lonk said:
Magikrazy said:

Both are CGI......if you understood that CGI stands for "computer-generated animation"

It's either 2d or 3d animation
I think I prefer 3D animation since it suits Mario better, but I've said that I'd like western-style cartoon or a pseudo western-anime kinda thing like in Avatar or something. But either way, Mario's design and world seems perfect for a western-style cartoon.

I wouldn't mind a flash-based animation of characters looking like their official designs (like, that art from 3D World and others)

That might work, but I've never seen the vector graphics from 3D World so I can only imagine, and I imagine it being visually jarring, but eh, Baby Luigi, you have a better clue of how it may look like compared to me.

I don't understand how it would be visually jarring? I have My Little Pony in mind when I'm thinking about this, since I think that vector artstyle is similar except the colors are less pastel and the outlines are black.

Like, imagine this being animated

Tanooki_Tree_SM3DL.jpg

I don't think it'll look half-bad, but I still prefer 3D graphics because that's the graphic style for the majority of Mario games since the N64 times.

can i just say i love super show?

dont care if there are some animation flaws like same color mario bros, because i overall enjoyed the crap out of super show.

Ive probably rewatched it like 10 times or more, like the smb3 one too, just not as much.

Uh never seen world, dont really want to.

What would be pretty nice is a series that involves Rosalina and the Lumas. It would be a lifestyles type of series, where Rosalina and the Lumas would do various activities. Some of the episodes would include...
  • Three young Lumas try to make a cake for Rosalina, but their inexperience in baking leads to a huge mess.
  • Rosalina tries to save an orphanage by selling Star Bit Cupcakes. However, the demand for the cupcakes soon becomes so high that Rosalina and the Lumas decide to build a factory that makes them.
  • Rosalina and a young Luma go to a laundromat to do some laundry. During that time, the Luma befriends some young children and plays with them, but their antics soon end up leading to trouble with the parents.
  • Rosalina reads a story to the Lumas, but one Luma becomes very scared whenever Rosalina mentions a monster.
  • Rosalina and the Lumas go on a picnic, and some of the Lumas decide to play around with the natives. One of the Lumas, however, falls asleep in the woods, leading to a big search for it.
  • Rosalina finds a broken-down Gearmo, and decides to repair it. After it gets repaired, the Gearmo thanks Rosalina by asking to be her butler. However, this Gearmo turns out to be quite clumsy, leading to more trouble than good for Rosalina and the Lumas.
As for a possible art style...

5ada31ed824ed650.jpg

Zae Eildus said:
can i just say i love super show?

dont care if there are some animation flaws like same color mario bros, because i overall enjoyed the crap out of super show.

Ive probably rewatched it like 10 times or more, like the smb3 one too, just not as much.

Uh never seen world, dont really want to.
I was expecting you to come here and say that. XD Although I wonder, why don't you want to watch World? It's just as ridiculous and filled with hilarious animation flaws as the previous three.

MnSG said:
What would be pretty nice is a series that involves Rosalina and the Lumas. It would be a lifestyles type of series, where Rosalina and the Lumas would do various activities. Some of the episodes would include...
  • Three young Lumas try to make a cake for Rosalina, but their inexperience in baking leads to a huge mess.
  • Rosalina tries to save an orphanage by selling Star Bit Cupcakes. However, the demand for the cupcakes soon becomes so high that Rosalina and the Lumas decide to build a factory that makes them.
  • Rosalina and a young Luma go to a laundromat to do some laundry. During that time, the Luma befriends some young children and plays with them, but their antics soon end up leading to trouble with the parents.
  • Rosalina reads a story to the Lumas, but one Luma becomes very scared whenever Rosalina mentions a monster.
  • Rosalina and the Lumas go on a picnic, and some of the Lumas decide to play around with the natives. One of the Lumas, however, falls asleep in the woods, leading to a big search for it.
  • Rosalina finds a broken-down Gearmo, and decides to repair it. After it gets repaired, the Gearmo thanks Rosalina by asking to be her butler. However, this Gearmo turns out to be quite clumsy, leading to more trouble than good for Rosalina and the Lumas.
As for a possible art style...

5ada31ed824ed650.jpg
Maybe as a side thing after the main episodes featuring Mario and friends, because those sound like episodes for 5-6 minute shorts.

I was expecting you to come here and say that. XD Although I wonder, why don't you want to watch World? It's just as ridiculous and filled with hilarious animation flaws as the previous three.

well its not that really, ive just done some research on the show, and a lot of the eps sound..lacking, and i have seen clips before, only small ones and really didnt like the voicing too.

Although i dont really look forward to animation flaws though, i mean i can tolerate at it, but i expect things to improve over sequels.

Yeah, that's true, but DiC is soooo cheap. I don't think World is horrible either, although you will miss Toad. But the general voice actors are the same from Super Mario Bros. 3. Not sure if you'll like Oogtar, though...

Barely anyone here likes Oogtar, and I vastly prefer Toad over some random unappealing cave thing with a grating not-endearing voice.

toad was great, probably one of the few moments in the mario universe where i will praise him

Dr. Mario said:
Maybe as a side thing after the main episodes featuring Mario and friends, because those sound like episodes for 5-6 minute shorts.

I was thinking more around 11-12 minute episodes, much like with the length of the Super Mario World episodes and the animated episode segments of the Super Mario Bros. Super Show!. But I guess it all depends on the story plot of each episode; if the plot is too short, then being around 5-7 minutes long would be a valid point.

In a way, one way to set the episode order would be one 12-minute Super Mario Bros. episode, followed by two 6-minute Rosalina episodes, adding up to 24 minutes total. On the other hand, if the length of the Super Mario Bros. episode is more around 18 minutes, then there would only be one Rosalina episode afterwards.

Dr. Mario said:
Yeah, that's true, but DiC is soooo cheap. I don't think World is horrible either, although you will miss Toad. But the general voice actors are the same from Super Mario Bros. 3. Not sure if you'll like Oogtar, though...
OH NO, NOT TOAD! WHAT WILL WE EVER DO WITHOUT?!
Sarcasm alert.

I truly support MnSG and Dr. Mario's ideas. It's a good idea, and it has comedy.

Female Soldier said:
Dr. Mario said:
OH NO, NOT TOAD! WHAT WILL WE EVER DO WITHOUT?!
Sarcasm alert.

I truly support MnSG and Dr. Mario's ideas. It's a good idea, and it has comedy.
Hey, I liked Toad in Super Show. Other people might find him annoying, but I kinda enjoy the sarcastic, sassy characterization. He's better than Oogtar, at least.

I watched the SMW and SMB3 shows, and they were pretty good to watch.

Dr. Mario said:
Barely anyone here likes Oogtar, and I vastly prefer Toad over some random unappealing cave thing with a grating not-endearing voice.
He is my "chew toy" and he should be taken to Wizardheimer's dungeon and be fed to a dinosaur or he could be a piranha plant fertilizer... That explains why I hadn't seen him in a game.

Back