The Official "Mario Cartoon" Thread

Mintiously

Prince of LOUD.
Pronouns
They/them
We can't have a sub-board, so I'll just make a topic.

Discuss Mario Cartoons here. (I like most of the episodes of the cartoons.)

This alone makes Super Mario Bros Super Show so memorable.

SMBSS is the only Mario-themed show I watched. :P I enjoyed it. :dk:

P.S. AND NOBODY TALK TRASH ABOUT SMBSS!!!

I remember it being really cheesy. I've watched episodes from all 3 shows and I think I like SMB3 the best. If only they didn't have those awful singing sequences

The show is a guilty pleasure. It's not perfect, sure, has incredibly cheesy moments, and pretty baaaaad animation but I do love how much attention they paid to the Mario games, such as inserting music and sound effects from said games. I think they were at least trying their best to be a Mario cartoon. You know, unlike how pandery some license holders get with their licensed content.

cough cough Super Mario Bros. Movie cough cough

Oh, and yeah, one more thing, the less you mention their portrayal of Mario and Luigi as babies, the better (to be fair, Baby Mario and Baby Luigi weren't conceived yet)

Baby Luigi said:
I think they were at least trying their best to be a Mario cartoon. You know, unlike how pandery some license holders get with their licensed content.

cough cough Super Mario Bros. Movie cough cough

-CLAPS-

Well put.

I think it's pretty wretched myself.

Meh, only good things I can say are making the princess not so helpless, not shoehorning all 7 koopalings into every episode by giving us a different group (or individual) everytime, accurate game music, and of course, Yoshi.

I really loved the Mario cartoons as a kid. I first found out about them when me and my cousins were watching youtube and we came across mama luigi and we thought it was hilarious.

It's a bit of a downer to know that King Koopa only used his alter-egos in the Super Mario Bros. series. Of course, the amount of errors that are found in certain episodes can be distasteful at times; an example includes the Thunder Birdo being miscolored green in Toad Warriors.

Also the fact that they forgot to give Indiana Joe A FUCKING FACE!

WHAT WERE THEY PAYING THESE PEOPLE?

I have a few DVDs but yeah most of it was just bad. I did find it amusing how they were always doing parodies of stuff and the covers of pop music that would sometimes play.

My least favorite of the series was the SMW themed episodes. I just hated how they had Yoshi be a child and I hated the cavemen people. I mean since when were they part of SMW?

In SMW (GAME) Adult Yoshi = 5 enemies/fruits eaten.

In Soviet, Russiathe show, Adult Yoshi = YOU HAVE TO FUCKING WAIT.

Mechayoshi said:
I have a few DVDs but yeah most of it was just bad. I did find it amusing how they were always doing parodies of stuff and the covers of pop music that would sometimes play.

My least favorite of the series was the SMW themed episodes. I just hated how they had Yoshi be a child and I hated the cavemen people. I mean since when were they part of SMW?

They weren't, I'm pretty sure cavepeople were added in because Yoshi is a dinosaur and cave people and dinosaurs "go together".

when, in actuality, that's one of the biggest anachronisms ever

but hey, mario cartoons

Magikrazy said:
Also the fact that they forgot to give Indiana Joe A FUCKING FACE!

WHAT WERE THEY PAYING THESE PEOPLE?

I find it interesting how there's such an immense gulf in quality between DIC's early shows (first season of Inspector Gadget, MASK, Starcom) and their late 80's/early 90's stuff (The Mario shows, later seasons of Inspector Gadget, the 90's seasons of G.I. Joe... etc). The intro to COPS probably had more money put into it than all three Mario cartoons combined.

I have a feeling most of the money for The Super Show went toward the guest stars, though.

I think it's cheesy, but harmless.

The biggest problem this show has done is during the earlier days of MarioWiki when there were inane statements referring to the show smack in the middle of a video game section.

Hoenstly, watching these cartoons, I'm starting to understand Miyamoto's "no story beyond Bowser kidnapping Peach". More plot means more plotholes and a higher probability the plot will be ridiculous.

Female Soldier said:
Yoshi Touch Go
These events formed the premise for Yoshi Touch & Go. How the events of the video game factor into the story is unconfirmed. These events formed the premise for Yoshi Touch & Go. How the events of the video game factor into the story is unconfirmed.

In "Plumbers Academy," Mario claimed that he was born with a plunger in his hand. Luigi stated that it was hard on their mother. Mario proved to be a hassle for his parents, as described in "Family Album "The Early Years"." Among the issues his parents had with him, Mario once broke the sink with a wrench while his mother was giving him a bath. Mario's hair grew out to its adult length very quickly.

Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels

However, the brothers were unable to restore Peach to her throne according to The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!!. When Bowser and the Koopa Troop gave chase, they were forced to abandon World 8 and flee with the princess. They were joined by Princess Peach's longtime friend and protector, Toad. With their new friends, the Mario Bros. searched many locations in the Mushroom World for a power that would free the Mushroom Kingdom from afar while evading Bowser and his troops. The last episode of the show, "Robo Koopa," ends without revealing whether the Mushroom Kingdom was freed of Bowser's spell before Bowser's next invasion.

In Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, Bowser kidnapped the princess again. Mario and Luigi once again came to her aid, traversing eight new worlds of the Mushroom Kingdom to rescue her. The brothers' adventure was much more difficult than their first. Not only were enemies more powerful, but there were strong gusts of wind to deal with. Additionally, Poison Mushrooms were now present in ? Blocks, hindering their progress. Eventually, after defeating seven more False Bowsers, Mario and Luigi found the real Bowser in World 8-4. Defeating him, they rescued the princess and finally returned peace to the Mushroom Kingdom.

Ash's Froakie said:
Hoenstly, watching these cartoons, I'm starting to understand Miyamoto's "no story beyond Bowser kidnapping Peach". More plot means more plotholes and a higher probability the plot will be ridiculous.
That's not really a good reason. Also, to paraphrase CinemaSin, no plot is without sin.

Ash's Froakie said:
Meh, only good things I can say are making the princess not so helpless, not shoehorning all 7 koopalings into every episode by giving us a different group (or individual) everytime, accurate game music, and of course, Yoshi.
Your comment made me 100% proud of you.

A new Mario cartoon would be nice, but I'd rather have a Wario cartoon.

Make it a slice of life show that focuses on the employees of WarioWare, Inc.

As for a new Mario cartoon, I'd make it pretty similar to the old ones. Just update the animation to CGI, change the voice actors to their current ones, and bring in new characters like Bowser Jr, Toadsworth, and Petey Piranha.

Magikrazy said:
A new Mario cartoon would be nice, but I'd rather have a Wario cartoon.

Make it a slice of life show that focuses on the employees of WarioWare, Inc.

As for a new Mario cartoon, I'd make it pretty similar to the old ones. Just update the animation to CGI, change the voice actors to their current ones, and bring in new characters like Bowser Jr, Toadsworth, and Petey Piranha.

Most WarioWare games kinda already have their own cartoon-esque things in Cutscenes. Even if they're short.

Though the intros for games like Mario Power Tennis and other games could count as well. Nintendo should really just consider having a dedicated animation studio to make shorts like those. They may even expand a little bit to the other franchises (Like how Kid Icarus got some shorts too not too long ago)

Back