Undertale (plz click this topic <3)

inb4 undertale amiibos

(btw i bought the game today, will get around to playing it)

If my sister ever goes through an Undertale theme, it's going to be Tsunderplane.

I think that character itself is what got her into the game in the first place, ever since I told her that such a character exists.

that's because anthromorphic planes are awesome

but even so, everyone and their pet cockatiel said the game was great. there was a chinese new year sale going on in steam, so i thought, hey, why the hell not

going into the game as blind as i could, wish me luck bros :babyluigi:

Ugh wanted to go pacifist but I killed Toriel because I thought making her HP low would make her surrender or something. Didn't know I'll kill her if her health is low.

You can't get True Pacifist on your first run anyway, so it should be fine. To be honest, I think that Toby meant for people to kill goatmom on the first run to make people realize how awful killing is.

Although there are a lot of enemies and bosses who you can spare after weakening enough.

2257 said:
while its technically true that "you can't get true pacifist on your first run anyway", you still save time playing to the end of your first run without killing anyone

i would recommend that you go back and spare toriel
don't listen to other people

seriously you're going to have the most fun if you go through the game doing what you want to do

I'd rather to see my actions affect the game later on anyway. I don't want to make a mistake and then reset. There's no fun in resetting to be perfect on your first playthrough, even if it does save time. It's just part of the entire experience.

2257 said:
im pretty sure he just did neutral once and declared himself finished
i did neutral and i watched let's plays of the genocide and true pacifist routes so what's the point of playing through them myself? while the gameplay is serviceable and clever, it wasn't really making the game fun for me

if i was able to customize my character at all then maybe i would be able to interact with the story in a new way, but otherwise i'll just be seeing the same story again. it's a GREAT story, but that doesn't really bring me back to it again
Baby Luigi said:
I'd rather to see my actions affect the game later on anyway. I don't want to make a mistake and then reset. There's no fun in resetting to be perfect on your first playthrough, even if it does save time. It's just part of the entire experience.
baaaaaasically this

i mean, it's a good story, but i personally prefer games where i can make my own character decisions (mass effect, fallout, skyrim) and see those decisions affect the world

Papyrus said:
You can't get True Pacifist on your first run anyway, so it should be fine. To be honest, I think that Toby meant for people to kill goatmom on the first run to make people realize how awful killing is.

Although there are a lot of enemies and bosses who you can spare after weakening enough.

I think the intent is to tempt people into reloading an earlier save and undo the killing. If you do it (which I did because the game did an excellent job at making me feel like shit) the game tells you it knows exactly what you did, and it kicks off the realization that reloading and redoing will never fully erase what you have done.

It's a magnificent kick in the teeth and gets the point across what the game is about early on.

Dr. Alphys said:
Papyrus said:

I think the intent is to tempt people into reloading an earlier save and undo the killing. If you do it (which I did because the game did an excellent job at making me feel like shit) the game tells you it knows exactly what you did, and it kicks off the realization that reloading and redoing will never fully erase what you have done.

It's a magnificent kick in the teeth and gets the point across what the game is about early on.
blof don't read this

Well, he does seem to think BLOF is unable to figure out that if something is in a spoiler box, she shouldn't read it if she is still playing the game.

Frankly though, she is probably smart enough to know that. No need to patronize her.

We don't know which spoiler boxes is for those who haven't played the game at all and which one is specific for us, lol. Even I'm confused for which one to open and which one to leave alone now...

Striker Mario said:
We don't know which spoiler boxes is for those who haven't played the game at all and which one is specific for us, lol. Even I'm confused for which one to open and which one to leave alone now...

Well, you're still playing the game, right? So there's not really much of a difference between players who haven't finished the game yet and you. Like, you're about equally susceptible to spoiler-y information, so the spoiler boxes in this thread are all equally hazardous to you.

It'd probably be the best for your game experience to leave alone all of them for now.

Well, initially, my sister put her own posts in spoiler boxes, so you replied within spoiler boxes, but the subsequent spoiler boxes with "BLOF don't read this" mixed with other spoiler boxes just makes it confusing whenever you're replying to us in spoilers for the general audience or replying to other people in spoilers to prevent us from getting spoiled as technicalities or other things...

But yeah, we should just leave them alone just to be extra safe.

2257 said:
lol dude, why did you even bother to say that? do you think blof is in the habit of reading threads backwards, or...

Yes.

I didn't read anything, don't worry. I'll start playing the game again at some point, content with not resetting.

2257 said:
if you defeat the final boss of the neutral route without having killed anyone, you can then reload your save and go right into the true pacifist ending. if you've killed someone, you have to reset and go through the whole game again
i killed no one and reset because i thought i had to : /

Back