The next Super Mario Galaxy game, possible on a newer hardware? (maybe NX)

TinTinfinite

scrunkly
Pronouns
He/Him
MarioWiki
Infinite8
In an interview with Eurogamer, Miyamoto mentions that the next Super Mario Galaxy game may be possible on other hardware. Maybe on the Nintendo NX?
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-17-super-mario-galaxy-3-opportunity-as-hardware-technology-gets-better-and-advances

Shigeru Miyamoto said:
“[A new Mario Galaxy] is always in discussion. But even with Mario 64 there was a lot of feedback about motion sickness with the 3D or maybe us making it too difficult.”
“Going back to our roots and making New Super Mario Bros., anyone can play that. So that’s why we went back. We’re always thinking, is there a middle ground where people who do enjoy the 3D worlds of Galaxy and those who enjoy New Super Mario Bros. can both enjoy it? We’re always looking at those opportunities.”
“On the other hand, me and [Yoshiaki] Koizumi-san, director of Galaxy, are always looking to challenge Galaxy and do another 3D action title. However we can’t make so many games at once in parallel. But as the hardware technology gets better and advances, I think there will be a lot of opportunity for both options.”

What are your thoughts on another Mario Galaxy game on the NX? Do you think SMG3 should release on a better, advanced hardware like the NX?

Well, if the NX has better Graphics, Frame Rate, and stuff like that, I would want it on the NX. But the Wii U has outstanding features and graphics as shown in Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D World, so i would want it on either both.

Whatever happened to making actually new 3D Mario games instead of yet another bloody sequel?

Baby Luigi said:
Whatever happened to making actually new 3D Mario games instead of yet another bloody sequel?

Super Mario Land 3 is actually a Wario series title. As such, it would be pretty amusing if Super Mario Galaxy 3 actually has Rosalina as the main character.

About the NX, If rumors are true, the NX wil be as powerful as the XBONE but not as powerful like PS4 which sound silly but i dont care about graphics a lot really, i think am one of the three people out there who thinks Star Fox Zero looks good.

So about Mario Galaxy 3....i remember back then before E3 2013, people didn´t want a Galaxy 3 but after 3D World was shown, EVERYONE was complaining about wanting a Galaxy3, wheres is Galaxy 3? why isn´t Galaxy 3? where is sunshine 2? bla blah

Now, 3D World was good and was to make a "middle ground" for people unfamiliar with 3D platform games, but still, i think a Galaxy 3 game would be mostly a single player adventure so they need to make the game a little harder, the director Yoshiaki Koizumi is a bro, wanting a more complex Mario game, let´s hope Miyamoto give the Galaxy Team a little more freedom, so we can have a great second sequel. (and with the amiibo excuse we can have finally a Green Hill Galaxy like that rumor in Galaxy 2?)

MnSG said:
Super Mario Land 3 is actually a Wario series title. As such, it would be pretty amusing if Super Mario Galaxy 3 actually has Rosalina as the main character.

I think they can do the Super Mario 3D World route and have mario, luigi, toad and peach saving "insert random intergalactic federetion" from bowser and after the main game you unlock rosalina.....that or make her playable instead peach and is another bowser kindaps peach plot no matter what it still would anger Daisy fans

I don't think is a good idea them simply disregard the current working console creating expectations on titles for the next generation.

NathanBros said:
I don't think is a good idea them simply disregard the current working console creating expectations on titles for the next generation.

Well, they state some time ago they wanted to make one 2D and one 3D mario game per console, 3DS has 3D Land and NSMB2 and the WiiU already has 3D World and NSMBU so that´s why they are talking about the next mario would be in the NX

Baby Luigi said:

I'd imagine he's just being figurative. I doubt the next game will be another galaxy

To paraphrase my sister, I don't want another bloody Galaxy 3 or Super Mario 3D Country or New Super Mario Bros. NX.

It's not like Nintendo has a lot of completely new ideas for the Super Mario franchise, since the company is known to reuse a lot of the stuff from the past games.

How about Nintendo should do an "innovative" Super Mario game. No SMG 3, no SMS 2, no SM64 2.

An "open" world game like in Zelda or a "free-to-play" game where there's lots of micro-transactions or something new?

Blue the Raptor said:
Microtransactions are evil and Nintendo would be terrible for ever using them.

Oh wait, Pokemon Shuffle.
The Pokemon Company International handles it, right?

If Nintendo made a free-to-play Mario game, it would be like "Your princess is in another castle. $3.50 for next world".

Maker Mario said:
How about Nintendo should do an "innovative" Super Mario game. No SMG 3, no SMS 2, no SM64 2.

An "open" world game like in Zelda or a "free-to-play" game where there's lots of micro-transactions or something new?
Oh god, please no. Just, please no. Never. Why would you think this was a good idea?

I believe he was being sarcastic and poking fun at a lot of recurring trends these days.

Especially the whole ''everything must be open world or else it's no good'' mindset some people have.

Maker Mario said:

Or how about they rehash the same things over and over and over, eh?

Nice false dichotomy though.

It could be a Metroidvania game like Metroid or Castlevania: Symphony of The Night and the major Castlevania games after SOTN. Or it can be an action oriented game like Devil May Cry or the PS2 Castlevania games (Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness). Hell I'd like a Metroidvania Mario game or an action oriented Mario game.

Or Kirby & the Amazing Mirror.

Ugh please not more mario. All we've had is mario mario mario. I mean i like the games but you know what they say about having too much of something

Porky Minch said:
we didn't have a mario main series game since 2013 though

Super Mario Maker sorta already fits the bill.

Back