How long have you been a fan and what got you into the series?

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
I've been a fan since about 1996 so 19 years (I'm 23 incase your wondering) my first game was the original SMB but the game that really cemented my love for this franchise is SM64 which I look on with fond memories but is hardly my favourite due to liking others more.

Longer than I can remember.

My earliest memory is the Super Smash Bros commercial, but I also remember already knowing who Mario is at that time.

Around that time, my dad had an SNES emulator, and one of the games I played a lot was Super Mario All-Stars, specifically Super Mario Bros. 2 and 3.

I've been a fan for about 9 years, and my first Mario game was actually SM64 DS. Since I was a little younger, I didn't really care about the graphics and the glitches, I just liked it because it was a video game :D.

I've had a NES and SMB for as long as I can remember and have always been a fan (since 1991). However, like mc, SM64 was the one that really cemented my love of the series, and video games as a whole, because that was the first game I played that really felt like a whole new world rather than a toy.

Since I was a tot myself. First game was Super Smash Bros.

But games didn't get me into Mario, BD&A Mario plushies did. Our older brother had them and my twin and I loved them to death.

Miyamoto.jpg

liked smb since i was like 7 or 8, and became a fan of that game and its series.

Although dont care for smb now but i will respect the game for introducing me to a series with lots of variety.

Been a fan ever since 2006 or so. My first Mario game was Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World. That was definitely the main factor, though SSBM and SMA4:SMB3 also helped.

My first memory of Mario was back when I saw it as a cartoon, I think it was 1992. I think it might be Super Mario Bros 3, but I didn't get into Mario until I saw Super Mario Bros. being played at my cousin's place. Of the games in the multi-cart, Super Mario Bros. was the most interesting one graphically. That was back in 1996.

What solidified me into the series was through the wonders of emulation, though I didn't know how it worked back then, so I thought it was a miracle for one CD to be able to store 200+ games. There I got to play Super Mario All-Stars and Super Mario World. That was back in 2000.

Thanks for reading.

Hmm... I was only a tot in the early-mid 90's. Had an NES with the first and third Mario Bros.

i don't know the exact year but i think 2005 or 2006 is when i first got a ds (and mkds, my first game), and i got a wii shortly afterwards

i really got into the series in 2006 when i got a dslite and nsmb, but ive played through wario land 3 before, and ive played super mario world, yoshi's island and super mario all-stars (without beating any of them) several times before.

So 9-ish years.

In 2006, My Grandma showed me Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64 on the Nintendo 65. I have bought and liked Mario simce then. So a good 9 years.

I've been a fan of Mario for as long as I can remember (in fact the first video game i've ever played was Dr. Mario). And the game that got me into the series was Super Mario World.

2008 with nsmb iirc, i played a few of the older games in like 2009 and mpds really got me into the series in 2011

I decided to buy Mario Kart DS in 2006 for game to play on vaction one year and suddenly grew a liking to the Mario universe and because of that and brought more Mario games.

I became a fan back in like 2003, I was four and our friend gave us a Nintendo 64 because his children were off to college and the first game I played on it was Super Mario 64, then Mario Kart 64. That is what got me into gaming and Nintendo.

Around 2003/2004 is my earliest Mario memory. Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island is what got me into the series, loved the gameplay and the green dinosaur.

I have been a fan of the series as long as I can remember, but I do not know what got me into the series. The game I have the earliest memories of playing is Super Mario Sunshine, but I am not too sure about that.

Back