what's the best overworld theme?

which of the platforming games has the best overworld theme?

• SMB/LL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SMB2

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • SMB3

• SMW

• SM64 (Bob-omb Battlefield)

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • SMS (Delfino Plaza)

• NSMB

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • SMG1 (Comet Observatory)

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • NSMBW

• SMG2 (Starship Mario)

• SM3DL

• NSMB2

• NSMBU

• SM3DW

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • SML

• SML2: 6GC

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

Lord Bowser

listen
Banned User
out of the mario platformers, which of them have the best overworld theme? (songs in parentheses are for games without a clear overworld theme)

for me, it's a toss up between SMB2, NSMB, and SM3DW

(note: please tell me if I happened to miss any games/if you feel a certain game deserves to be on this list)

Where is Super Mario Land and Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins? Furthermore, why isn't the poll taking Donkey Kong, Yoshi and Wario into consideration?

i think realistically you have to give major props to smb since it's like the most recognized video game song ever but

smb2

also including the 3d mario games seems weird, especially since you couldnt even consistently pick which part of those games you consider the overworld(sm64 you pick the first level, the rest you pick the hub)

Captain Falcon said:
Pi said:
Where is Super Mario Land and Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins? Furthermore, why isn't the poll taking Donkey Kong, Yoshi and Wario into consideration?
forgot about those two, thanks
also "mario platformers"

Fine then my vote goes to Super Mario World 2

Uniju said:
i think realistically you have to give major props to smb since it's like the most recognized video game song ever but

smb2

also including the 3d mario games seems weird, especially since you couldnt even consistently pick which part of those games you consider the overworld(sm64 you pick the first level, the rest you pick the hub)
sm64's overworld theme was used in several other levels, while sunshine and the galaxies didn't really have one consistent theme between their evels

How come for Sunshine and Galaxy, you listed the hub world theme as the overworld theme, but for Mario 64, it's the Bob-Omb Battlefield song? Shouldn't it be Peach's Castle?

Magikrazy said:
How come for Sunshine and Galaxy, you listed the hub world theme as the overworld theme, but for Mario 64, it's the Bob-Omb Battlefield song? Shouldn't it be Peach's Castle?
Captain Falcon said:
sm64's overworld theme was used in several other levels, while sunshine and the galaxies didn't really have one consistent theme between their levels

Super Mario 3D Land

only acceptable sm64 overworld theme is peach's castle

and about that sml2, here's the real good stuff from that game:

im aware that its not an overworld theme, but it had to be said.

I guess I am the first one to choose Super Mario 64's theme. I would say that I love this theme better than its variations, mainly because it brings back great memories in playing a 3D world for the first time.

Thanks for reading.

Can't believe I'm the first vote for Super Mario 3D Land's version.

I also voted for Super Mario 64 Whomp's Fortress.

I find this poll confusing

Back