The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

ShyGuy27 said:
crystalking said:
How is ness that low. He has one of the best throwing abilities in the game and he is amazing with arial combat. His bat can reflect objects which is very useful. he also isn't too predictible.
But have you ever actually tried to play as him? He's hard to control.

Yes i have, he is one of my mains. . .

I can't control Ness for my life. His jumps are too loopy and his PK Thunder is way oversensitive.

Then again, I suck at Brawl. :)

ShyGuy27 said:
I can't control Ness for my life. His jumps are too loopy and his PK Thunder is way oversensitive.

thats one of his pros. the loop give an extra chance too dodge if timed correctly

i still say the teir is horrible, all ppl are good with a certain character because of the game play of that character. Someone who sucks with snake could possibly pwn everyone with yoshi, because their control works best with yoshi's gameplay

crystalking said:
How is ness that low. He has one of the best throwing abilities in the game and he is amazing with arial combat. His bat can reflect objects which is very useful. he also isn't too predictible.

:/ You're so wrong. Ness' throwing abiltiy is above average at best, considering how the range at which he can grab is small and his only really useful throw is his back throw. He relies on his aerials to rack up damage and kill, but they're are extremely predictable. His bat is soooooooooooo slow that you won't be blocking any type of projectiles. He's really, really predictable, btw. His PK Thunder is hard to control, and he has 9 advantagous matches compared to his 15 equal or disadvantagous matches.

crystalking said:
ShyGuy27 said:

thats one of his pros. the loop give an extra chance too dodge if timed correctly

No, it isn't. It means he's floaty and really easy to kill.

crystalking said:
i still say the teir is horrible, all ppl are good with a certain character because of the game play of that character. Someone who sucks with snake could possibly pwn everyone with yoshi, because their control works best with yoshi's gameplay

Way to be completely off-topic.

crystalking said:

Ness's Up+B is sh**.

ANd his moves dont do much damage at all. Plus, when CPU's use him, they spam his Light Down A

"omg lol ice climbers are so awesome top tier lol evry1 hu dosnt lik thm sucks"

See the stupendiously huge flaws in that? Someone could easily put this as their specific tier list:

Epic:
Jigglypuff

Fail:
Everyone else

"Specific" tier lists are so horribly stupid.

Free Loader said:
The overall tier list is nothing but a bunch of fight results from some site no one who's anyone cares about anyway, so what's the difference?

Except the people who make these tier lists are basically uber-nerds. They don't just base things on their personal opinions. They base it on EVERYTHING.

crystalking said:
tiers are ok as long as u abbide by these two rules

Rattatat sucks
Charizard rules

I know of a Rattatat (sp?) combo that raeps everything.

Free Loader said:
Beowulf said:
Free Loader said:
The overall tier list is nothing but a bunch of fight results from some site no one who's anyone cares about anyway, so what's the difference?

Except the people who make these tier lists are basically uber-nerds. They don't just base things on their personal opinions. They base it on EVERYTHING.
This is a classic example of not making an argument, but making your statement sound like a good argument. :|

Don't post snarky comments just because you can't think of a rebuttal.

crystalking said:
tiers are ok as long as u abbide by these two rules

Rattatat sucks
Charizard rules
Since when is Rattatat in Brawl? ???

Beowulf said:
Free Loader said:

It's impossible for them to base the tiers on "everything". They base it on a majority. If they were to base it on everything, the tiers would be split into 4 separate versions:

Preferred (majority)
*SS
*S
*A
*B
*C
*D
*E
*F
*G

Preferred (minority)
*SS
*S
*A
*B
*C
*D
*E
*F
*G

Characters with the most wins (in tournaments)
Depending on the amount of games played in tournaments, which characters were used, how often they were used, and how often they won in comparison to the ones that were chosen less often, you would get a tier with the approximately-calculated ratio of "best to worst" characters in the game.

Characters that fell victim to KOs (in tournaments)
Same as above, only replace the "positive" words with their "negative" reciprocals.

The only way that they could get the odds of the average home-bound Joe, is if they were to go to some random suburb and survey 100 Brawl-players. Even so, they would still be calculating the odds, so they could never calculate "everything" exactly the way it should be. And rather than breaking things down to the simple 4-trial tier calculations, they slapped them all together very poorly and based everything on extremely roughly calculated odds, rather than ones that could be more neatly organized and properly accounted for.

Stooben Rooben said:
Beowulf said:
Free Loader said:

It's impossible for them to base the tiers on "everything". They base it on a majority. If they were to base it on everything, the tiers would be split into 4 separate versions:

Preferred (majority)
*SS
*S
*A
*B
*C
*D
*E
*F
*G

Preferred (minority)
*SS
*S
*A
*B
*C
*D
*E
*F
*G

Characters with the most wins (in tournaments)
Depending on the amount of games played in tournaments, which characters were used, how often they were used, and how often they won in comparison to the ones that were chosen less often, you would get a tier with the approximately-calculated ratio of "best to worst" characters in the game.

Characters that fell victim to KOs (in tournaments)
Same as above, only replace the "positive" words with their "negative" reciprocals.

The only way that they could get the odds of the average home-bound Joe, is if they were to go to some random suburb and survey 100 Brawl-players. Even so, they would still be calculating the odds, so they could never calculate "everything" exactly the way it should be. And rather than breaking things down to the simple 4-trial tier calculations, they slapped them all together very poorly and based everything on extremely roughly calculated odds, rather than ones that could be more neatly organized and properly accounted for.

Literal translations ftl, Stooben. I obviously didn't mean that they went to every Brawler in the world and calculated who > who with what characters. By everything, I meant that they've checked all tournament placements and who consistently rates low/high with what character, checked the techs of each character, checked the match-ups of the characters, and checked the strategies of the characters to figure out who> who. Also, your "simple 4-trial tier calculations" are overly complicated and (n/o) a really poor way of dividing things. There's no pleasing people. For one, people criticize things like tier lists without any factual evidence to prove so because they have a differing opinion. Secondly, even if they have factual evidence, there will always be someone else who just shouts "tr4q" and runs. There's no way for tier lists to win.

Back