Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Paper Mario

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Mario & Luigi

Votes: 11 34.4%

• Total voters

Glitchy Bowser Jr.

"Stuff it, sponge brain!"
Mario & Luigi is my favourite. I never played SMRPG so I don't know much about it. I only played the original Paper Mario and Sticker Star and I played every M&L excluding Dream Team. It's my favourite because it has a better battlestyle in my opinion and has the two brothers fighting together. And I enjoyed every Mario and Luigi game I played, while PM has Sticker Star, which was terrible in my opinion. From what a lot of people say, SPM isn't great either but I won't judge it because I didn't play it. I also like all the M&L games more than Paper Mario 64. A lot of people say
TTYD is good but I never played it.

Also M&L has a bit of nostalgia for me because I grew up with BiS and PiT.

You grew up with BiS and PiT? Man I feel old now.

Anyhow, I prefer M&L best. I feel it fits the overall tone and asthetics of the Mario franchise with a primary emphasis on light hearted adventure and fun.

Plus Mario & Luigi > Mario and random group of OCs.

Mario & Luigi is better than Paper Mario. I haven't played a single Paper Mario game, but Mario & Luigi simply interest me much more than Paper Mario.

Mario Party Δ said:
Mario & Luigi is better than Paper Mario. I haven't played a single Paper Mario game, but Mario & Luigi simply interest me much more than Paper Mario.

You at least play the first one. It's the best one.

To me anyhow.

SMRPG has a disadvantage since it only has one in it' series (unless you want to count it as a prequel to PM).

It's kind of difficult for me to judgee which is better out of PM and M&L, because I absolutely love one game in both series and the rest are ok to ugh. But I will give the edge to M&L because I love SS ever so slightly more than TTYD

Paper Mario, but only because I only own Dream Team, and thus only remember that one.

Plus, the original Paper Mario is one of my favorite N64 titles.

never played SMRPG, and between the other two, Paper Mario by about a hundred miles. 64 and TTYD are two of my top three Mario games and frankly I found Superstar Saga and Bowser Inside Story just ok

My personal take. I have played SMRPG, all the PM games, MLSS and BiS, and just got PiT and MLDT yesterday, playing in playing them soon.

SMRPG- Kind of a boring version of the a Square RPG. It's very decent but I personally prefer Chrono Trigger (one of the GOAT games)

PM- one of my favorite game series ever. PM64 is a masterpiece, the one small thing is the fact that you can't continue after finishing the end of the game. TTYD, although I got stuck on the shadow queen (I will beat it one day!) is one of the funniest and most complete games I have ever played. And SPM is great despite it being different. Sticker Star I'd rather forget.

M&L- a pretty funny series, on superstar saga I got stuck on one of the boss battles, and BiS I haven't finished yet. It's still very good though.

Hopefully the upcoming Paper Jam will be good, but I do not have very high hopes since it looks a lot like sticker star

Mario & Luigi

Because 8)

Marie said:
Sapphire said:
Marie said:
Baby Luigi said:
Mario & Luigi

Because 8)
you like it better because that's the series where popple originated
right
Pretty sure it's because of Baby Luigi.
shhh you're ruining the joke
I thought she would like SMRPG more because of Booster.

Marie said:
Sapphire said:
Marie said:
Baby Luigi said:
Mario & Luigi

Because 8)
right
Pretty sure it's because of Baby Luigi.
shhh you're ruining the (bad) joke
Oopps. Also we all know the best thing to come out of SS is Prince Peasley.

Paper Mario just has more soul than Mario & Luigi.

Idk why but especially the first game is just really charming which is its best quality, while ttyd is just a great rpg, and spm has an awesome story.

Mario & Luigi has some interesting villains, but really predictable storyline. but i like the rpg gameplay more than in the paper mario games. overall its just a second though since i like all paper mario games except for sticker star more than dream team which is the best m&l game in my opinion.

Super Mario RPG is just squaresoft during its golden ages, id say its almost better than the first paper mario from a non-nostalgia influenced pov. the settings and characters are divers, the gameplay is really good (easily my favorite in all mario rpgs), and the music also really sells the game.

still it automatically loses since its only one game. but it will always have a special place in my heart due to it being the perfect fusion of the two best game companies

Paper Mario by default, I don't enjoy the Mario & Luigi games and I didn't enjoy what I played of SMRPG. TTYD is up there as one of my favourite games so that helps.

They're all vastly different games. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars is the closest we'll ever get to a proper Mario RPG, whilst the Paper Mario series nearly always changes up its formulae, and the Mario & Luigi games stay mostly the same. I don't exactly know which one I prefer, actually. I just like them all, but because the gameplay in comparison is so different, it's really hard for me to pick a style of gameplay that I like the most. If I want to play a Mario & Luigi game, I go play one, and if I want to play a Paper Mario game, I go play one, and if I want to play Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, I go play that game. It's simple as that.

Marie said:
Baby Luigi said:
Mario & Luigi

Because 8)
right

OCs are whatever

While I enjoy both (ive not played smrpg) I prefer Mario and Luigi because they are more consistent. While Paper Mario has the better plotlines, Mario and Luigi games are funnier, have better characters, better overworlds and a overall battle system is also slightly preferred.

^Oh yeah speakingn about the M&L battle system, I think it's really fun. Attacking and Dodging are done in a really unique way (or at least I think it's unique) that completely strays away from the normal RPG style, but it's a pretty neat change that can take a lot, and I mean a lot of skill to master.

I like the M&L battle system because most of the time it's controlled by actual skill and not dumb luck.

However I like the Paper Mario series more. TTYD introduced me into RPGs in the first place, and I have a bit of a nostalgia bomb for it. While SPM isn't nearly the RPG it should've been in terms of gameplay, the story was pretty good. I still need to finish Paper Mario, but I enjoyed the Yoshi Island and wish we see more Paper Mario aspects on the actual Mushroom Kingdom (haven't played SS so dunno).

Meanwile I've only played BiS for the M&L games

Meta Ridley said:
I like the M&L battle system because most of the time it's controlled by actual skill and not dumb luck.
I wouldn't really say it's totally "actual skill" as it is pure reaction time and guessing (for first encounters).

Back