Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Both games sucked

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
Talking in negatives is fun.

Like, say, Luigi is the worse version of Baby Luigi because that's true

Mario is Luigi but better. And Luigi is like most Mario characters, but better.

The Ultimate Mario Fan said:
That's implying it's bad though. I don't like talking in the negative.
I remember having that conversation before.

Just because something is worse doesn't necessarily mean the thing that's compared isn't bad to begin with. <_<

Either ways, NSMB.2 is one of the weakest games in the series.

LunarTanooki said:
Neither are technically bad, NSMB2 just had no soul.

And you know that how? People can pour their heart and soul into something and it can still be seen as crap.

It's evident by art style, music style, level features, overall concept, etc.

Sure, it still took effort, but if people think you have no soul, it doesn't make them necessarily wrong, but a sign that you didn't push yourself enough.

I repeat, you can still put forward a lot of effort into something that other people find lacking.

It's one of the harsh realities of our world.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 seems like a conscious effort to milk the series.

If they had a lot of heart and soul into the game, then the game's timing is terrible.

The last New Super Mario Bros. game was around three years ago, but it may need an even longer break.

Eh, Super Mario Maker won't kill the desire for 2D Mario platformers thanks to the lack of several features, but I see where you're coming from. I suppose the desire won't be as much for people less focused on details like slopes and level themes.

Mcmadness said:
LunarTanooki said:
Neither are technically bad, NSMB2 just had no soul.

And you know that how? People can pour their heart and soul into something and it can still be seen as crap.

It just didn't feel like much effort went into it to be honest. Outside of the gold coin showers and the lackluster final boss, nothing in NSMB2 really stuck out as much as what the other NSMB games had to offer. (Granted this is purely just my opinion of course.)

Effort was made toward coding and actually making the levels, IMO. So yeah, there is effort. But originality? Not really.

well damn, I chose SMG2 accidently in the vote. I thought the poll was about which game is better. derp.

NSMB2 doesn't suck so much. It's just ridiculously easy. And doesn't bring much to the table.

I can conclusively say that NSMB2 is worse. Neither of the games are necessarily bad. However, NSMB's concept was interesting, but the finished product lacked any incentive.

To be honest, my main problem with the NSMB series is that ever since after NSMBWii, the series has become just watered down versions of the original NSMB and NSMBWii like most of the games Nintendo has made this gen, that are sequels to games from the Wii and DS eras

chillv said:
I can conclusively say that NSMB2 is worse. Neither of the games are necessarily bad. However, NSMB's concept was interesting, but the finished product lacked any incentive.

To be honest, my main problem with the NSMB series is that ever since after NSMBWii, the series has become just watered down versions of the original NSMB and NSMBWii like most of the games Nintendo has made this gen, that are sequels to games from the Wii and DS eras

My thoughts exactly but I'd even go on to say that nsmbwii was better than the original and the peak of the series. All games after have just milked what was already there and maybe add a gimmick or two to distract you.

Back