Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

Glitchy Bowser Jr.

"Stuff it, sponge brain!"
Not sure if there was a thread for this. Not very hyped for it because it looks 90% generic anime 10% Fire Emblem. At least I saw Ephraim.

Re: Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem

You haven't played a Shin Megami Tensei game before?

I mean, I haven't either, but I watched my brother play something similar to that style, Persona 3. Don't know how you can say it's 90% generic anime that way...

No but I've seen it's style. It's supposed to be about demons and it's overall very dark. I would say it doesn't look like either of them at all. When I heard about this I thought it would be awesome. This just looks as generic as hell.

It looks generic from an Atlus standpoint. Honestly, when I saw the first trailer for it, I thought it was Persona. SMT are much darker games than this looks to be, with all the fluffy anime and pop music, although I am kinda missing seeing the demons from SMT. Maybe they'll show more in the future, or maybe they're not using that mechanic for this game.

Glitchy said:
No but I've seen it's style. It's supposed to be about demons and it's overall very dark. I would say it doesn't look like either of them at all. When I heard about this I thought it would be awesome. This just looks as generic as hell.

persona series isnt really that dark at all.

If they aim for megami tensei and shin megami tensei though, it will be dark. Although to say something is generic anime is pretty ignorant, dont judge things you know nothing about, kid.

Pascal said:
persona series isnt really that dark at all.

I was more talking about SMT.

Pascal said:
If they aim for megami tensei and shin megami tensei though, it will be dark. Although to say something is generic anime is pretty ignorant, dont judge things you know nothing about, kid.

Of course I know nothing about the game. But based on the trailer, it looked pretty generic.

I would say it's about 10% Fire Emblem because the only characters I regconized were Tiki, Chrom (but it barely looked like him) and Ephraim. I could probably find more if I payed closer attention, but as of right now this isn't selling me.

well if they're just going for persona then meh

like the series

but 3 and 4 combined dont have anything on nocturne or the devil survivor games

and btw persona is a smt series

I watched the trailer again and I saw Caeda/Shiida and Cain (but barely regconizable).

I don't know, it seems to me that you're labeling characters you don't recognize as "generic".

It's not the characters that make me feel that way though. It's the vibe I get from it. How do two series, one about war and the other being about demons combine into anime girls singing? It doesn't feel like a crossover between the two franchises, but rather a completely unrelated. If I hadn't seen the title and a few characters I wouldn't have even known it was SMT x FE. Maybe I'm disappointed because it's nothing like I expected.

Pascal said:
well if they're just going for persona then meh

like the series

but 3 and 4 combined dont have anything on nocturne or the devil survivor games

and btw persona is a smt series
Yeah, got to try out Nocturne at some point.

Glitchy said:
It's not the characters that make me feel that way though. It's the vibe I get from it. How do two series, one about war and the other being about demons combine into anime girls singing? It doesn't feel like a crossover between the two franchises, but rather a completely unrelated. If I hadn't seen the title and a few characters I wouldn't have even known it was SMT x FE. Maybe I'm disappointed because it's nothing like I expected.
I feel like you're just basing these from gut feeling and perhaps it's not what you expected. Just remember that Atlus doesn't release a lot of information for their games, generally, if I'm correct.

That probably is it. I really should try a SMT game though, they look pretty cool.

if you're gonna try out smt at all, start with nocturne.

It's such a unique and odd ball of a game but so amazing and gorgeous game.

oh and dont play strange journey and 4

they suck

Glitchy said:
How do two series, one about war and the other being about demons combine into anime girls singing?

well battle songs from the smt series are typically like that

at least persona 4 anyway. it doesn't even sound like a serious battle song lol

persona 4 isnt even a serious game to begin with.

i like it, probably one of my favorite games, but seriousness and story wise, its not that great.

there is something about it's style that i can't say i'm very fond of. not liking the bright color scheme and some of the character's designs are a little too eccentric, like they're kind of... over designed.

Baby Luigi said:
Glitchy said:
How do two series, one about war and the other being about demons combine into anime girls singing?

well battle songs from the smt series are typically like that

at least persona 4 anyway. it doesn't even sound like a serious battle song lol

there's plenty of vocals in persona's ost but i don't think they're that electro pop-y

I was pretty interested in what this could become after that first trailer but uh, this new one just kind of killed it. I feel like I should still give it a shot but at the same time, I don't want to spend money on it.

I don't hate the idea of having a story unrelated to the two games but borrowing elements from them, I like it far more than any sort of variation of portalling characters from different smt and fe games into one place like it's no big deal. I don't even really care about either franchise as a whole to be honest so the latter would have just killed my interest from the start.

I'm not casting it off completely but it's not looking good at the moment.

2anime4me
seriously this just looks waaaaaaay to bright and colourful, and something about it just seems... off... to me
idk its not something im interested in atm. at first i was open but unless i see something later that really intrigues me, i wont be paying much attention to this

It looks....interesting. I'm fine with the protagonist designs, but I'm not sure how I feel about the personas perfomas, especially Chrom.

3edgy5me

Battles look interesting, besides the overly long dual attack animations (that singing one made me cringe holy shit). They better let you skip them. Turns out Gangrel isn't just a disembodied head, he looks pretty cool.

Gamefreak75 said:
It looks....interesting. I'm fine with the protagonist designs, but I'm not sure how I feel about the personas perfomas, especially Chrom.

3edgy5me
The FE characters are called Mirages, Performa is the character's creative energy. Probably has some importance to the 'becoming a singer' side of things. I actually like Chrom's new look, I wasn't too fond of his original design to begin with though. It'd be interesting to see if they could get other FE characters added to their repertoire of Mirages.

Still on the fence but after seeing r/fireemblem get so angry over it and then seeing r/megaten being a bit more openminded I got interested in what they were saying about it.

I'm surprised you didn't mention the zipper.

I don't get the 's joke, is that a joke, what am I missing. Don't do this to me.

's's'sss'

i thought about it. that zipper seems dangerous tho, it'd be like getting your arm caught in an elevator door

on another note, not a big fan of how idol heavy this looks to be.

i saw some german youtubers react to the nintendo stream

they admitted they had no idea of nintendo

and after this was shown one of them burst out in laughter and was like "what the fuck was that shit"

Back