Should Kamek get a re-design?

Should he be made to look more unique?

• Yes

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
I definitely think that Kamek needs a redesign. Maybe a crooked Gargamel-style wand or something. Also, has anybody else noticed that Kamek is the only Magikoopa who can't fly on his own? I just like to say that he lost his ability to fly when Toadsworth broke his wand 30 years ago and Kamek couldn't ever fix that part.

-Bowser Jr. :bowjr:

I don't think that's Kamek. Kamek never appears in the same game as generic Magikoopas (when they are enemies). Also, if it were Kamek, he would be a boss at some point.

If Kamek were to get a redesign, then I think a colour change would be OK. Perhaps make Kamek red because that is a more intimidating colour.

Thanks for reading.

Kamek also floated in SPP (as "Giant Kamek"). It seems to me like something that can be done, but usually broomsticks are chosen as faster and easier or something.

While I do think a redesign would be neat, he's had his current one so long that it's grown on me.

I think that Kamek should stay the way he is. Meanwhile, other Magikoopas should lose the white brims on their hats. That's how it was in the past.

The white brim actually came from Superstar Saga :eek:

So, it's RPG representation?

Mario Party Δ said:

More like it was just the first game to use it.

It's like those people who say the modern character designs and asthetics are from NSMB despite a vast majority of them debuted before that series was even started.

Mario Party Δ said:
MFW.

Mcmadness said:
It's like those people who say the modern character designs and asthetics are from NSMB despite a vast majority of them debuted before that series was even started.
Case in point a lot of the designs used in the first New Super Mario Bros. feel very similar to those in Super Mario 64 DS.

not sure, like Toad, Yoshi. It's perfectly okay to stay the same.

kinda wish that Kammy Koopa could replace Kamek all together tho.....

I like the robe design he has in Super Princess Peach, to be honest. I don't think it'll happen, but I'd like to see him wear that, in order to distinguish him better.

I'm actually working on a redesign for Kamek myself [for my web comic], but an official redesign would be a very welcome change! Just to make him more distinguishable from other Magikoopas, since he already has his personality to stand out.

Back