2015 NFL Season

Wow that Steelers-Bengals game... I think I can now say I actually saw a loss worse then any Lions loss of recent memory. And that's saying something. Seriously, you got everything from injuries, penalties, turnovers, fans throwing stuff on the field, etc. throughout much of that last quarter of the game. I don't think either team came out of there the good guy, but the Bengals players and fans in particular should calm the fuck down.

But next week will be interesting. The Chiefs head against the Patriots with 11 in a row. I think this is how we'll know how good the Chiefs really are. Cause their dismantling of the Texans, while impressive, I feel doesn't quite indicate how good they are. And some crucial Steelers got banged up in this game when heading to face the Broncos. However, they're also facing Manning who has been far from his ol' self the entire season. It may come down to how roughed up Ben is compared to how washed up Manning is now.

Yuki Nagato said:
Popeinello said:
Hail to the Redskins.

rip bills
No see Crash the Bills are my afc team
and the redskins are my nfc team.
Northern Verve said:
Wow that Steelers-Bengals game... I think I can now say I actually saw a loss worse then any Lions loss of recent memory. And that's saying something. Seriously, you got everything from injuries, penalties, turnovers, fans throwing stuff on the field, etc. throughout much of that last quarter of the game. I don't think either team came out of there the good guy, but the Bengals players and fans in particular should calm the fuck down.
Classic Bungles

Northern Verve said:

But next week will be interesting. The Chiefs head against the Patriots with 11 in a row. I think this is how we'll know how good the Chiefs really are. Cause their dismantling of the Texans, while impressive, I feel doesn't quite indicate how good they are. And some crucial Steelers got banged up in this game when heading to face the Broncos. However, they're also facing Manning who has been far from his ol' self the entire season. It may come down to how roughed up Ben is compared to how washed up Manning is now.

That hit on Brown was scary, watching him bounce around like a rag doll, hope he's alright.

If the Chiefs have to play without Maclin, they could be in a lotta trouble

Seahawks got super lucky in Minnesota today. Aside from the Super Bowl loss last year, I'm starting to wonder what they did to get such good ball luck. Would be nice to see the Lions get that alot more often instead of the opposite.

gg shoe your 'skins were supposed to win

god i hope the panthers and cards win, i don't wanna see a seahawks/packers nfc championship game

Well there goes the Chiefs. I think the Chiefs took way too much time off the clock on their drives that it just proved detrimental. THere were moments in the final 10 minutes where they could have gone out of bounds but didn't and that really hurt them. It allowed the Patriots to need just 10 yards to seal the deal.

I had no rooting interest as I actually like the Patriots and I'm aware the Chiefs were on a really good streak coming into this game. But I feel the Patriots may just be coming back to the Super Bowl. The Steelers are hurting after that Bengals game, and Manning on the Broncos isn't exactly who he was years ago. I think Broncos have the slightly better chance of knocking off the Patriots but their defense will need to play lights out. I don't think either Manning or Osweiler is good enough on their own. Although the Broncos won against the Patriots earlier, the Patriots had some pretty key injuries and it still took OT to beat them. And Belicheck's the best coach in the league, he'd fix any mistakes that they remember from the Broncos game.

Meanwhile in the NFC, cheering for the Cardinals tonight. And Seahawks and Panthers is going to be interesting how that plays out. Either the Panthers will be exposed as a 15-1 Paper Tiger, or the Seahawks amazing (And sometimes REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, lucky) run will stop.

THANK YOU CARDINALS

Oh man, after that Hail Mary that was basically what happened to the Lions I had a baaaaaaaaaddddddd feeling. But thankfully it was to tie the game rather then win the game and the Cardinals not only had a chance to make up for it in OT but they basically ran away with it thanks to Larry Fitzgerald

Now I don't have to root too much against any teams left in the Playoffs. If I had to say which team is my least favorite. It'd be the Broncos but if they win it despite a washed up Manning then they certainly will have earned it. And it'd assumingly would be Manning's last game. He probably wants to leave the NFL on top. I doubt he will but considering I wouldn't mind that happening and that's what I least want out of the teams. It's all good. ^^

DragonFreak said:
Northern Verve said:
But I feel the Patriots may just be coming back to the Super Bowl.
UGH!
You betray me DF

So, am I the only one still wondering how the ref managed to fail at flipping the coin?

Heh heh, as I said in last year's NFL thread. I'm actually one who likes and/or respects the Patriots and their consistent winning ways. They're what every fan of every franchise wishes their team were. And alot of the flack they get is from those who get jealous.

I'd understand if I were a fan of the other teams in the AFC East cause then the Patriots would be a division rival. Cause probably the main reason I don't like the Packers is they dominate the division the Lions are in most of the time. But even Packers fans wish they were as successful as the Patriots are. That's how good the Patriots have been. As a fan of one of the worst teams historically, the Patriots feel like a God among men by now and instead of sheer jealousy, I give them the respect they deserve for being able to be so good for so long.

As a side note, the Deflategate thing was nonsense and if everybody who still claims that game against the Colts is all the proof they need that the Patriots cheated all their success then they deserve to watch the Patriots repeat should that come to pass.

And Tom Brady was also a Michigan Wolverine back in the day. So him being one of the best Quarterbacks in NFL History does give some Michigan pride.

I fucking hate the Colts' guts by now. Or lack thereof, would be more appropriate. We've pounded them through the dirt all through the Luck era, so of course all their fans need to go crying to Goodell to get their way. Stupid meany Patriots!

Also, this. I can't wait to see them unveil their brand new "2015 AFC South Participants" banner next season. What great heights this franchise can achieve!

Dear god Seattle had better step up their game if they hope to beat Carolina tomorrow.

I'll be glad it's not going to be Packers again in the NFC championship, that NFC championship game last year was insane.

I really don't like the patriots and I have no idea why the Seahawks did that stupid play last year they were so close to winning back to back super bowls.

I hope Seattle gets to go to 50 again simply because well that's my home team but they had better be on their game.

Tuxedo Ridley said:
I fucking hate the Colts' guts by now. Or lack thereof, would be more appropriate. We've pounded them through the dirt all through the Luck era, so of course all their fans need to go crying to Goodell to get their way. Stupid meany Patriots!

Also, this. I can't wait to see them unveil their brand new "2015 AFC South Participants" banner next season. What great heights this franchise can achieve!

During the Patriots-Colts game earlier in the year I was rooting for the Patriots just for all the crap the Colts pulled. I got a good hearty laugh when the Colts did this play

Even better that turned out to be the turning point of the game. Patriots scored a touchdown on the following possession. Colts never recovered beyond a score in garbage time.

Probably one of the worst play executions of all time. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving team. Absolutely hilarious on its own, but timing + context sealed the deal.

AZ nearly gave that one away, had the coin toss (lol) gone the other way we might be singing a different tune.

Palmer was dancing like Cutty back there, and man that run by Fitz... I think I still have goosebumps.

Northern Verve said:
THANK YOU CARDINALS

Oh man, after that Hail Mary that was basically what happened to the Lions I had a baaaaaaaaaddddddd feeling. But thankfully it was to tie the game rather then win the game and the Cardinals not only had a chance to make up for it in OT but they basically ran away with it thanks to Larry Fitzgerald

Now I don't have to root too much against any teams left in the Playoffs. If I had to say which team is my least favorite. It'd be the Broncos but if they win it despite a washed up Manning then they certainly will have earned it. And it'd assumingly would be Manning's last game. He probably wants to leave the NFL on top. I doubt he will but considering I wouldn't mind that happening and that's what I least want out of the teams. It's all good. ^^

I love that the NFCN can come together when it comes to rooting against the Pack :')

I'll be rooting against the Seahawks and the Broncos (although I don't really dislike Denver as much as I do Seattle), but I'm pretty neutral on the Pats, hard to hate on Edelman and Gronk.

Lord Vader said:
What were the Colts even trying to do in that play lol
My interpretation was that they were trying to confuse the Pats' line and get an offsides call. Failing that, they would've just let the clock run down, taken a harmless delay of game, and punt it away.

...of course, it only takes one idiot at center to screw that all up.

Ahhhh a new day, but the Packers loss last night still makes me feel good.

Now on to the games that play today. As I said before Seahawks and Panthers is going to be interesting. I kinda hope the Panthers can prove they earned their 15-1 record but I just have this strange feeling they may get exposed as alot of their wins were far from comfortable. If the Seahawks MUST win, hopefully they stop those last minute wild plays as much as I loved the one last year because that was of course against the Packers (And if it weren't for Butler's interception, Kearse's catch would have been yet another of those in the Super Bowl). Cause that's almost getting as annoying as the Packers' Hail Mary.

And as for Steelers-Broncos. I kinda hope the Steelers pull it off, but they may be too banged up to deal with the Broncos defense. With how useless Manning has been however it may be a low-scoring game and that may play into the Steelers favor if Big Ben can manage just enough of the right plays at the right time. That said, no matter who wins are going to have a tought time against the Patriots I feel. I think the Chiefs were a better team then either Denver or Pittsburgh and the Patriots even if the score was close played them pretty comfortably.

Seattle remembered the Alamo Bowl and attempted to channel their inner TCU. It failed.

Back