2015 NFL Season

Northern Verve said:
Unlike the Patriots, the Panthers have a legitimate rushing attack. Including from their QB.
Hey, don't take away from Tom-Tom here, he was probably our best runner today.

Tuxedo Ridley said:
Northern Verve said:
Unlike the Patriots, the Panthers have a legitimate rushing attack. Including from their QB.
Hey, don't take away from Tom-Tom here, he was probably our best runner today.

Yeah haha, I have noticed that in recent years Brady has rushed it himself. But yeah, I mean in terms of offensive-line protection on the run. The O-line was another reason the Patriots struggled given how many times Brady was pressured.

Still again what the Broncos are doing is not good enough especially if the Panthers again go firing on all cylinders. The Broncos don't have the offense to attempt a comeback like the Seahawks did should the Broncos fall anywhere from 2 scores or more down.

Yeah, I have a hard time seeing Denver pull off the win, I can just picture Peyton getting killed by his O-line.

Yuki Nagato said:
i know how you feel, my first text after the cubs lost to the mets was from my cardinal-loving brother :(

Yeah, I unfriended another person after I posted that. Cowboys fan (WTF?).

Anyway, some random thoughts:

* Not having Nate Solder hurt today. The O-line might have been OK with him out there.

* Even if Denver wins, I don't think it does anything for Manning's legacy unless he plays an excellent Super Bowl. It was different two years ago when he set all those records, but the defense is what's carrying this team now. He's played well since returning from injury, but he's looked awful this season overall.

Of course, a Super Bowl win would trump anything I say here.

* I agree with the others. I think the Panthers win here.

Lol, can't say everyone shitting on the Pats is too surprising.

I get the feeling that if he does do bad and they win they'll still try to push that storybook ending narrative.

KPH & Tuxedo Ridley: Just put this in your mind regarding the haters. They may celebrate the Patriots are out, but the Patriots are still looking to be perennial contenders. And it's that success they've had for so long that's gotten so many people with deep seeded hatred and jealously. The fact Pats fans find disappointment when they have 4 Super Bowl Rings since 2001 just makes you think because of how many teams that would be content to just have one, or even just GET to the Super Bowl. 5 Straight AFC Championships is also an amazing accomplishment that every other team would love to replicate. I know I certainly would love the Lions to get some of that winning magic

(Heck the new GM is a former Patriots guy, maybe they will. Better watch out Crash :waluigi: (Only kidding, but who knows ;) ))

The funny part is we brought in Accorsi before you guys when we needed a consultant after firing Emery. If Quinn pans out for you guys, I just hope Pace will be even better, lol.

And if Pace doesn't, maybe we can move to the NFC East cos the NFCN is bad enough with the Vikes and Pack :(

Northern Verve said:
The fact Pats fans find disappointment when they have 4 Super Bowl Rings since 2001 just makes you think because of how many teams that would be content to just have one, or even just GET to the Super Bowl. 5 Straight AFC Championships is also an amazing accomplishment that every other team would love to replicate.

That's an excellent point. Sometimes we take winning for granted.

KPH2293 said:
Northern Verve said:
The fact Pats fans find disappointment when they have 4 Super Bowl Rings since 2001 just makes you think because of how many teams that would be content to just have one, or even just GET to the Super Bowl. 5 Straight AFC Championships is also an amazing accomplishment that every other team would love to replicate.

That's an excellent point. Sometimes we take winning for granted.

Yeah. Keep your chin up, everyone knows the Pats will be back again to contend in the AFC next year. And many of the people celebrating the Pats loss are fans of teams that haven't won in a long time. Or have only one recent Super Bowl to their credit. The only exception would be the Steelers, Giants, and Ravens. But for all three that's 2 to the Patriots 4. And none of those three have the overall playoff success the Patriots have.

The hatred of the Pats all comes from deep jealousy. Even the cheating accusations are just there to distract them from their real reason for disliking the Patriots. There's fans of all 31 teams that wish their team could have the success the Patriots have had.

I agree.

I've always supported the Patriots (my dad's a lifelong fan), but I didn't really get into football until towards the end of the 2009 season (the year the Saints made their run). Super Bowl 49 means a lot to me because it was my first SB victory as a die hard fan. In a way, I suppose this loss has made me cherish it even more.

I was upset with what Wilson did throwing it instead of having them run it in with super bowl 49. But that's not the patriots fault

Ughhh, I had been watching the wrong ESPN for an hour and now I missed the first quarter of the Pro Bowl. I actually like it quite a bit.

Well that sucked

well that was a crock of shit

but the x-men trailer was pretty sweet, psylocke for mvp

Well color me surprised. I just didn't think the Panthers offense was going to implode like that. I was sure that any moment even close near the end that the Panthers were going to find a rhythm eventually. But they never really did. The many mistakes like drops, penalties, and that missed field goal definitely will loom over the Panthers and their fans. But if the Broncos were going to win somehow, a defensive slugfest was what it would be and that's what it was.

But yeah this was definitely not as good as a Super Bowl as last year's. Cause that game had both good offense and good defense plays. This was lackluster offense all game and shutdown defense that kinda makes the game gritty but certainly boring for those hoping for some legendary scoring.

But it is nice to see Peyton getting to walk out in the Sunset. He hasn't made it official yet, but I think it'd be the smarter way to go out in his career. Cause he has to know he doesn't have that much in the tank any more. The defense carried him to this championship, the Broncos won the Super Bowl despite a washed up Manning not because of him. The way this game went they could of had Osweiler start and they could of won, possibly even not as close cause Osweiler did show he can make some good completions here and there.

dont worry guys, i know how it feels to lose to peyton in the super bowl

actually im sure most of us have seen our teams lose to a manning

Back