2015 NFL Season

let's die together, sm

DENVER AND CINCY LOST

#1 SEED HOPE: STILL ALIVE

Threek said:
this week wasn't as fun as last week

but hey, 3 is as good as 300

nailbiters are so much more entertaining tho, even if they stress me the fuck out

but that isn't to say i don't get a kick out of blowing out the other team

Well the AFC side of things are set. There's still Vikings and Packers tonight to decide the playoff matchups in the NFC but for now the AFC can be talked about now.

We have the Broncos and Patriots who are the #1 and #2 seeds respectively. And although they certainly earned where they're at. They both have question marks about them this year. The Broncos despite having Manning in their roster have a huge quarterback controversy. If the Broncos make the Super Bowl at all it will because their Defense would be playing lights out. Their offense still leaves something to be desired. As Manning this year even when healthy was not very good. And Orlovsky isn't too big of an improvement either.

And the #1 Issue with the Patriots have been injuries and how they haven't been the same team that went 10-0 since that OT Loss to the Broncos. I think Patriots have more room to bounce back as they're getting some key players back, but if that doesn't change their offensive production I could see both the Top Seeds in the AFC going down to teams on a real hot streak like perhaps the Steelers or the Chiefs.

Then our two Wild-Card matches are Steelers @ Bengals and Chiefs @ Texans. As I said both Steelers and the Chiefs are doing really good (The exception being the Steelers against the Ravens. But you can get to that being the Ravens always playing their division rivals tough. The Ravens beat the Steelers earlier in the year too. Rivalry games are never for certain). The Bengals even if they bring Dalton back probably are going to have have their hands full and unfortunately may have yet another year they go one-and-done. And the Texans are the survivors of a pretty poor AFC South. Meanwhile the Chiefs has gone on a 10 game winning Streak.

If I'm correct in assuming the Steelers and the Chiefs move on. Then there's going to be quite some intrigue in the 2nd Round. As the Steelers are more solid overall compared to the Broncos right now, and the Chiefs when they blewout the Patriots last year was the catalyst for that Patriots team to start focusing and later ending up winning the Super Bowl that year. Now the Chiefs would have the chance to end their chances of a repeat off that catalyst with a win if current trends continue.

EDIT: Well with the game finished now I can finish up NFC thoughts.

Congratulations to the Vikings on winning the NFC North. I am glad to see that for once the Packers aren't on top. However, now they have to face up against the red-hot Seahawks. Who just blew out the Cardinals a week after the Cardinals themselves blew out the Packers of which Vikings still had a close game with. If I were a Vikings fan, I would gladly celebrate the division win but I would be absolutely pessimistic in terms of going any farther. And the Packers may have a better chance at going farther on virtue of facing the Redskins who like I said were the survivors of a weak division.

The NFC is likely going to be between the Panthers, Seahawks, and Cardinals. Unlike last year I don't think I can boldly proclaim the Super Bowl teams (Last year the Patriots and the Seahawks just looked too dominant. Though that NFC Championship game surely was a scare to that prediction). I think the six teams likely to make it to the Super Bowl are the Steelers, Chiefs, Patriots, Panthers, Seahawks, and Cardinals. With a little room for some teams proving me wrong (Bengals and Broncos) about their deficiencies.

DragonFreak said:
The Chiefs are really catching up again. They have the possibility of making it to the playoffs.

Not like they are going to win a playoff game.

They haven't in 30 years.
hey it's only been 23 years

Back