post any random Mario thought on your mind

Can the Baby Yoshis express any emotion that isn't drowsy?
They seem worked up when they get hit, yet they keep the same face...
So, I'm not sure.

Why can't Mario be immune to enemies of same kind when he captures them in Odyssey?
For example, when he gets in contact with a Goomba when captured as a Goomba, he loses a wedge of his health meter.

Mario Kun is full of weird shit and I can't believe some of the things in it are official. Do little kids seriously read these?

Reactions: zel
I freaking love the rainbow roll, one of my favorite sushi rolls.

Why can't Mario be immune to enemies of same kind when he captures them in Odyssey?
For example, when he gets in contact with a Goomba when captured as a Goomba, he loses a wedge of his health meter.
The mustache and hat make capturing insufficent for a disguise.

So I dabbled in Mario Kart 64 150cc because hey, maybe Mario Kart 64 isn't so bad as I remember. Maybe I was being too harsh?

Boy I was wrong.

It's still as terrible as I remember it. I still cannot believe this game has gotten past basic playtesting or how anyone can enjoy at least its single player. I guess I'm retiterating what's been said about this a thousand times, but there is no way this game is better than any other Mario Kart by any stretch of imagination. It's definitely the worst among the series and probably among the worst of all playable racing games.

Its AI single-handedly ruins any sort of fun, strategy, etc. The game actually controls okay except the drifting is weird and unwieldy. But anyhow, the rubberbanding is basically you just have to keep these characters in the screen or else you will fall behind. The rubberbanding is so extreme that any lead you gain WILL be quickly be gone. This disincentives ANY sort of risk taking as all boosts you get from trying to follow a racing line and successfully drifting will be negated by the AI. Additionally, the game punishes your mistakes hard because your kart grinds to a halt and it's easy to have the AI take the lead, vanish, and then speed up to ridiculous degrees. The Red Shell's tracking is horrific, too. They're useless in corridors and they have no idea how walls work.

So you don't take any risks. You just drive and avoid obstacles. You hit one obstacle, your lead is gone for good as catching up is nearly impossible. But it makes Mario Kart 64's 150cc extremely dull and focused way too much on dodging obstacles and using items purely defensively. And you save one of your items just to temporarily keep the CPUs off your back because as long they're a few feet from you, they're not really going to pass you, just stay at the same speed (and since their most threatening item is the fake item box, it's safe to just be close to them), but it's good to save the Lightning Bolt as a backup OR you use it at the end of the race to prevent the AI simply driving past you at the last millimeter (as what happened in Toad's Turnpike). Mushrooms, outside of cutting through offroad, are absolutely worthless and they don't feel like a speed boost.

Even if Mario Kart Double Dash's AI is piss easy, at least you can afford to take risks shortcuts and drift boosts and feel rewarded for them, and if you mess up, you can still make a comeback. Even if you secure a lead in Double Dash, the course itself is usually interesting enough to keep you going and drift boosting. Not Mario Kart 64. You don't drift boost because there's no reward for it, they'll be on you. You just get punished because you couldn't dodge an obstacle or the AI will catch up to you anyway. You just drive and keep your shells out and hope you don't get hit by an unlucky banana they throw at you or make a mistake and roll off a slope. Oh, and AI loves running into their own bananas. Peach one time threw a banana right next to me, just to slip RIGHT when she threw it. Any lead you gain is probably from lucky items and you cutting the track but if you see 150cc playthough, you notice this person is constantly drift boosting and I've just driven the track without doing any of that, just turning and drifting when I need to, and the AI is still right behind you and absorbing all items you have behind you, which I do too.

I'd give it a 2/10 because, well, it at least works; it looks okay (but generic). Otherwise, it's a trash-tier Mario Kart whose only saving grace is a decent (but not especially great) track design which is spoiled because you're not encouraged to tackle the track with drifting and staying in the racing line. It's among the worst Mario games. The short-sighted developers for this digital disease were likely drugged while play testing because this game sucks hard. IF you just fix the AI, make them more reasonable, even implement a reverse rubberbanding rather than have them shoot off because they weren't rendered AHEAD, or even increase the render distance, it'll make the game a lot more engaging. Make drifts and taking risks ACTUALLY REWARDING.

As it stands, it's the dullest Mario Kart, somehow more dull than even freaking Mario Kart Tour. The 150cc is shockingly boring despite being touted as fast and high-energy. On top of it, it has. scant content and zero unlockables beyond Extra Mode. It's developed by incompetent sadistic dolts and it's a stain on the Mario Kart series.

Why do you enjoy Mario Kart 64? Have you replayed it in 150cc and tried to get first in every race? Why do you think it's any good? What are you doing that I'm not? I really want to know what kind of value people put on it.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this happened to you, but while playing in Rainbow Road I was first place, DK was next to me as I reached him but then I LITERALLY SAW HIM TELEPORT AND THEN HE WAS 100 MILES AHEAD OF ME.

What's with this AI having magic light speed and Do the Mario teleportation super powers.

Last edited:
I feel like Mario Kart 64's only saving grace is if you just stick with multiplayer and never ever play that game in single player...but guess what? Every other Mario Kart game is fun with friends, and probably even better since the AI isn't the worst the Mario series has to offer. Oh, and Mario Kart 64 has a decent soundtrack, but it's wasted on a game with abysmal gameplay.

Honestly? I think Mario Kart 64 may be my least favorite Mario game of all time, full stop. I had more fun playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 at the very least, it makes you feel pleasant and despite being derivative, is still actually enjoyable rather than frustrates you with its godawful horrendous AI and its terrible track design like Yoshi Valley, which on top of having the aforementioned horrendous AI, is designed by sadists who can't even program a working course because they wanted to rely on the maze gimmick that utterly failed in execution.

Excuse me while I run Mario Kart 64 into the ground with a Volkswagen Beetle on Timber Island.

I'm not sure if this happened to you, but while playing in Rainbow Road I was first place, DK was next to me as I reached him but then I LITERALLY SAW HE TELEPORT AND THEN HE WAS 100 MILES AHEAD OF ME.

What's with this AI having magic light speed and Do the Mario teleportation super powers.
Probably vanished from draw distance and then received light speed.

Tbf I had a pretty entertaining Sherbet Land where I got smacked at the first sharp turn by Bowser, smacked several times into penguins, but I managed first place somehow!!!! I still don't know how I got it; the comeback really surprised me since it's 150cc and teleporting light speed AI we're talking about. Those two consecutive lightning bolts (from 4th to 2nd) probably helped a lot. Man the item system is so whack.

Mario Kart: Super Circuit is a decent game held back by the limitations of the console it was on.
Super Circuit is such an underappreciated game, and I often feel that's it's dismissed just for not being 3D. Just because a game is 2D, doesn't mean it can't provide the same enjoyment that other games in the series can.

Also don't get why people call it the worst game when Super Mario Kart exists. My opinion is probably based heavily on nostalgia, but I enjoy Super Circuit so much and I feel it's a highly underrated game.

I love Mario Kart: Super Circuit. Most of its tracks have life, well at least relative to what the GBA can do, and it's a great example of an enjoyable racer on such a limited system. While the tracks are all still flat, it makes up for it with general aesthetics, music, and of course, track layout. It houses some of my favorite tracks in the series, namely Lakeside Park, Yoshi Desert, Cheese Land, and Sunset Wilds. Its AI is the tamest the series have to offer. And it has all Super Mario Kart tracks in it as well.

Only thing I don't like about it is its byzantine ranking system. It's hard to get three stars. Beating the game is extremely easy since the AI is nonthreatening but fulfilling these specific requirements that you need an FAQ or guide to know about is annoying.

I like how Wario uses his German MK64 voice.

That's true. Wario getting hit in Mario Kart 64 is probably the only aspect of the gameplay I like about 64.

Super Circuit was my first Mario game ever, so it's at my second favorite Mario Kart out of nostalgia alone.

Ya ya YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! FIEHRE!

Oh but Wario's Strikers Charged German song is so perfect too.

I don't think the controls in MK64 are bad. It's just the AI having Do the Mario powers and some tracks what's bad. Multiplayer, the game's a good time.

I have one: what if someone made a live-action Mario movie that would be more faithful to the source material than the 1993 movie? (for ex. Peach exists and Daisy is a redhead, Bowser is CGI, etc.)

I have one: what if someone made a live-action Mario movie that would be more faithful to the source material than the 1993 movie? (for ex. Peach exists and Daisy is a redhead, Bowser is CGI, etc.)
It'd probably be a better movie but if your goal is to make it as close to the source material as possible why not just make it animated

Back