post any random Mario thought on your mind

MnSG said:
I still remember those times where I like to beat those Slick tire abusing combos with my favorite vehicle combo.

I've managed to beat quite a few people using that combo with Pink Gold Peach + City Tripper + Wood tires.

Pink_Gold_Peach said:
I've managed to beat quite a few people using that combo with Pink Gold Peach + City Tripper + Wood tires.

Personally, I prefer to use the Roller, Button, Azure Roller, and/or Leaf Tires, simply because they don't heavily hinder the water speed stat like with the Wood, Sponge, and Cushion tires.

MnSG said:
Personally, I prefer to use the Roller, Button, Azure Roller, and/or Leaf Tires, simply because they don't heavily hinder the water speed stat like with the Wood, Sponge, and Cushion tires.

I mainly chose the Wood tires because they negate the traction loss caused by the City Tripper.

I couldn't care less about stats.

They say that Morton and Funky Kong are the best, but seriously, their differences are negligible and I'm thinking more that it's a self-fulfilling prophecy (they do well compared to their peer heavyweights) because people have the impression that they win a lot because they think they're good rather than they're used a lot online.

In Mario Kart 8, I'm good if I have high handling and traction. The vehicles I use aren't even that fast. The fastest vehicle I use, the City Tripper for Pink Gold Peach only has a speed stat of 4/6 on the ground. And I have won many races with it online.

So because I'm a lunatic, I've recently been imagining Daisy singing this, complete with her roller skates from Mario Power Tennis.

I just want to say. That Donkey Kong game on the gameboy is just magnificent.

Has anyone else noticed that Dry Bowser's shell glows Project M-style since MK8?

Mcmadness said:
I just want to say. That Donkey Kong game on the gameboy is just magnificent.
What's that even like?

Well it's like an adaptation of DK and DK Jr into one game put you are playing as just Mario.

It starts off with you doing easy versions of the old arcade levels but just when it should end like normal DK gets back up and runs off with Pauline and then the real game starts, which is a series of platforming/lock and key puzzles across 9 worlds and every 4 levels you get a DK level where you have to reach him and at the end of the world you have a boss fight with DK where he is throwing barrels at you and you have to pick them up and throw them at him.

It's a very simple premise but the amount of variety they squeeze out of it is great and it's one of the best handheld games I've ever played.

Mario and Pauline really have to stop giving DK what he wants after he throws a tantrum. It just means he'll throw more tantrums.

To me, it seems more like that DK gets upset about something, and Mario and Pauline need to find a way to stop him. By the next game, DK will have found another thing to get upset about and the cycle repeats.

Yeah, but giving him what he wants after getting upset is just feeding the problem.

Mcmadness said:
Yeah, but giving him what he wants after getting upset is just feeding the problem.
Pink_Gold_Peach said:
To me, it seems more like that DK gets upset about something, and Mario and Pauline need to find a way to stop him. By the next game, DK will have found another thing to get upset about and the cycle repeats.
Parenting 101 starring Mcmadness and A51 Trooper!

If they keep denying him he'll eventually give up.

Few barrels to the head from Mario will put him down.

Doctor Kirby said:
Or bribe him with bananas.

Nope, that's giving in. He needs to learn respect like a proper giant gorilla.

Doctor Kirby said:
Also why would DK want the Mini Mario toys anyway?

Well first it was a Mini Mario, then he wanted Pauline to choose his Mini DK over Mario's Mini Mario, then he couldn't get a ticket into a new theme park, then he couldn't get a free Mini-Pauline.

At the very least Cranky needs to give DK a good lecture. While he's causing all that mischief at Mario's Toy Company, nobody's watching the Banana Hoard. Were K. Rool not MIA, he and the other baddies would have starved the Kongs to death by now (probably not, since Diddy and Dixie are still there, but that's likely what Cranky would say).

Between Diddy, Dixie, Kiddy, Tiny, Chunky, Lanky, and the rest of the family, Donkey's probably not all that necessary, especially considering he's been kidnapped twice himself.

On that note, have any of the Kongs not been kidnapped or imprisoned at any point?

Dixie I think.

Back