post any random Mario thought on your mind

Earlier I tried something new with my Giga Bowser buffs by playing Brawl's Home-Run Contest. The buffs make Giga Bowser way more viable in that game mode, as I saw Sandbag travel over 6000 ft. at least once; the buffed f-smash really makes Ganondorf's Reverse Warlock Punch feel like a pushover.

I have 2 ways of playing Mario Kart 8:

I either play 200cc to enjoy the gameplay the most or I play 50cc to enjoy the awesome music as much as possible.

Well I play 200cc with 7 laps so I can have both speed AND music :^)

I recently managed to send Sandbag flying over 8000 ft. with my attack modifications to Giga Bowser in Brawl's Home-Run Contest. Start out with a d-smash, a few d-tilts, stop the knockback with a single standard attack hit, and then finish up with a charged f-smash with the head, and Sandbag's damage goes over 200%.

LRFQSdF.png

Note: While the screenshot is showing Bowser's battle portrait, the Home-Run Contest session was actually done with Giga Bowser, as I never altered Bowser's attack damage in any way.

I can tell you this much though, that without my buffs, Giga Bowser pretty much wouldn't be able to send Sandbag flying very far, since he can't use the Home-Run Bat, and I don't think I have to mention how pathetic the f-smash's knockback statistics are normally.

On a side note, the buffed f-smash sends opponents flying at a 45 degree angle, instead of the Sakurai angle.

I just want to say, Donkey Kong is great and that it drives me nuts that he's only playable in one of the RARE DKC games.

There's always Donkey Kong 64...

...its times like these that i wish nintendo had some integrity so they could release a donkey kong 64 remake already

I'd prefer a sequel that refines 64's negative aspects.

So I just watched PBG and Jeff play Hey You Pikachu a few days ago and I just thought, if Nintendo made another (better) game like that themed after Mario characters, what character would they have you talk to?

If it was in the style of Hey You Pikachu, Yoshi seems like the only choice. Expressive, animalistic, can't speak (depending on the game), easily marketable...

If they want to keep it cute, Yoshi.

If they want to give off disturbing undertones, Peach.

If they just want to joke around and not be serious at all, Wario.

That post was a response to the whole "Hey you" thing.

It would work well, don't you think?

This text exchange happened on Thursday between my brother (Z) and me (J):
Z said:
I'm really, really, really tempted to get the new Switch with the revamped Mario Kart 8 deluxe. Together it will be about $370. I have the money to spend if I really want to, but what do you think?
J said:
I don't know. I mean, it would be really really nice. In any case, we have until April to decide, so it's we have time to think about it.
Z said:
Um, dude, the switch comes out tomorrow. Or does Mario Kart come out later?
Z said:
Wait, you're right.
Z said:
Guess I know what I want for my birthday
J said:
You forget who frequents MarioWiki.
Z said:

I feel like I have among the weirder choices when it comes to favorite characters:

1. Three-way tie between :peach:, :pgp: and :dk:
2. Petey Piranha
3. :rosalina:
4. Tiny Kong
5. Kazooie
6. King K. Rool
7. King Boo
8. Kritter
9. Toadsworth
10. Chunky Kong

Bob Eubanks said:
I'm sorry but we can't be friends anymore

I thought you disliked Pink Gold Peach more.

I still sometimes hurt DK on purpose just to hear any funny noise he might make, especially in Mario Kart Wii and Melee.

Back