post any random Mario thought on your mind

That's too bad. Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour had the spammiest way to use taunts, and we always spammed taunts. Guess we're not that fun at parties.

I take it world tour doesn't have taunts?

I think they do, but it's less awesome than it sounds. Anyhow, it's not the same as in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour or in Mario Golf for Nintendo 64, where characters can talk to no end. As far as I know, it's only in multiplayer, and it's probably just generic cheering and booing stuff.

So no ONE TWO THREE FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUR from Wario

Definitely not.

The upsides, however, are characters grumbling to themselves and their feedback. Luigi mumbling "GO LUIGI!" and Mario saying "Let's-a go" while you're planning your shot is charming. I also find Luigi to be pretty adorable in this game.

Luigi is generally pretty great. He's my #3 in the franchise.

When I played Toadstool Tour as Luigi every time someone else was taking a shot all you would hear would be "You look you look you look you look ridiculous". I love taunts.

Speaking of Workd Tour, I wish that game had more worthwhile unlocks. After the initial characters and courses it's just stupid Mii costumes which are hardly worth anyone's time. That's my mine gripe with the game really, it doesn't give you a good enough reason to play.

I played Castle Club and I find it pretty boring tbh. I have no enjoyment playing as a Mii character.

They aren't even in Mario Sports Superstars, so I think they're getting phased out, hopefully.

it's a good thing they were skipped.

Kinda makes me glad PGP was the actual last character , because knowing Nintendo lately , it could have been then miis.

Miis are lame, but at least they let you make a somewhat custom character. PGP is just... if you like Peach, play as her. I honestly don't see the appeal of Peach but shinier.

I've developed a problem that involves combining elements from Mario with elements from RWBY. Please send help.

Fresh Bowser said:
Miis are lame, but at least they let you make a somewhat custom character. PGP is just... if you like Peach, play as her. I honestly don't see the appeal of Peach but shinier.
We still haven't even seen Peach grab a Gold Flower yet.

Fresh Bowser said:
Miis are lame, but at least they let you make a somewhat custom character.
They then tie unlocks and other shit with Miis and force you to use them like in Fortune Street or Castle Club.

If I want to play a Mario game, I'll play it with Mario characters and the occasional Link or Animal Crossing yahoo, not an expressionless organism that looks hardly different from its kind.

Mcmadness said:
I used to play a bit of Mario golf 64 with my family years ago but then I kept spamming the taunt buttons and they got irritated and stopped.
That's lame. :(

Whenever my family plays Mario Party, we'll sometimes spam the taunts from beginning to end of a player's turn.

I regret sometimes spending entire turns forgetting to press the taunt button.

For those who have played Wario World, which boss do you think was the most amusing to face? Red-Brief J felt the most amusing for me.

Mean MC is pretty amusing.
Though my favourite boss in the game is Captain Skull

It's doneeeee! ♥♥♥

This is exactly what i wanted.

It's perfect and the World Tour clips were suuuuper useful!!!

Looking forward for to do this on Sports Super Stars.

something i'd really like to see in the next mario kart is the time of day changing on every track depending on what time you're playing, instead of tracks just always having a set time of day. will most likely never happen, but it'd be cool imo.

Nyrie said:
something i'd really like to see in the next mario kart is the time of day changing on every track depending on what time you're playing, instead of tracks just always having a set time of day. will most likely never happen, but it'd be cool imo.

Didn't Animal Crossing in 8 do that?

Pink_Gold_Peach said:
Nyrie said:

Didn't Animal Crossing in 8 do that?
sorta; it changed between seasons, but it wasn't dependent on the actual season at the time of playing. it was just random which one you'd play on.

it wasn't random, if you pressed a certain shoulder button before the animal crossing track, you get a certain season. the button layout corresponds with the seasons on screen ex: ZR is Winter.

Baby Luigi said:
it wasn't random, if you pressed a certain shoulder button before the animal crossing track, you get a certain season. the button layout corresponds with the seasons on screen ex: ZR is Winter.

Technically, it IS random for Grand Prix and online races. You can only choose the season in offline VS Race mode, since the season is fixed in Time Trials.

Back