post any random Mario thought on your mind

[quote author=bowser has started to reform]Back in the Mushroom Kingdom, things are unusually peaceful. That's because evil Bowser Koopa has decided to go back to kindergarten and complete his education.[/quote]
Other details of note:
  • Peach hasn't gone on the trip to Dino Island with Mario and Luigi
  • There are tons of dinosaurs, like proper T-Rexes, all over the island
  • Yoshi can only say "Glorp", though he also purrs
  • Mario has gone through Basic Draining
  • Professor Bowser wins a Snowbell Prize by showing that dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't look both ways before crossing the street.
  • Koopas can't count
  • Mega Moles eat humans
  • Giant sea serpents also eat humans
  • Surprisingly, Bowser is a villain
  • Wart makes a cameo appearance at the Snowbell Prize ceremony
  • Koopas also eat humans
  • Bowser is a chef
  • One game over involves Bowser renaming Dinosaur Island to "Rotten Banana Peel Island"
  • The governor of Dinosaur Island is B. Ron Tosaur
  • Mario once rescued the entire population of Weehawken
  • Starmen come in blue
  • Mario wants to vacation in Hawaii
  • Bowser wants to make omelettes out of the captured dinosaurs (which he put into eggs)
  • Winning the Snowbell Prize makes Bowser the curator of the Museum of Mushroom Kingdom History
  • The Museum of Mushroom Kingdom History is across the street from Peach's Castle
  • One game over involves Mario being brutally twisted and worn as a tie
  • Hammer Bros are also Koopas in that they eat humans
  • One game over involves Mario crushing an egg that contains Luigi, instantly killing him
  • This is a violent book

one thing has me wondering, in the main mario game bowser only talks in grunts and roars but in the rpgs he has dialogue? how does that work?

He talks in the main Mario games, not all of em but he does talk.

He talks in SM64, Galaxy 1 and 2, sunshine, and sends you a written letter in SMB3.

Otherwise it's just grunts and roars, though in those cases nobody talks so it's not surprising.

I forgot about those games, in Sunshine he has a full on voice, doesn't he?

(You sure know your Bower things ^^You a big fan of him?)

Another thought that comes to mind: So is Warioware apart of the Marioverse? or did they pull a Marvel and make another world just for Warioware? Because I'd really like to know rather or not Ashley's apart of the Marioverse. Then again, I might be answering my own question here, but didn't the Warioware city appear in a Mario game? =-=

Ashley said:

Another thought that comes to mind: So is Warioware apart of the Marioverse? or did they pull a Marvel and make another world just for Warioware? Because I'd really like to know rather or not Ashley's apart of the Marioverse. Then again, I might be answering my own question here, but didn't the Warioware city appear in a Mario game? =-=

I'd say she's there but much like other Spin-Off stuff they don't tend to acknowledge it in the main series. Similar to how Waluigi for the most part has only been seen in the sports/party/kart/etc. series, or any Wario Land character for that matter. The entire DK series also seems to be within the Marioverse as well but again not much acknowledgment outside of spin-offs in the main games.

Separate universes would probably apply more to the RPG series.

Ashley said:

Yup, a really terrible voice filled with outrage over disturbed family vacations.

And yup, it's probably one of the biggest things I'm known for around here.

Oh yes, muh favourite.

http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=32871.0

Stargazing said:
one thing has me wondering, in the main mario game bowser only talks in grunts and roars but in the rpgs he has dialogue? how does that work?
Bowser does talk in the 3D Mario games except for 3D Land and 3D World. The RPGS have many ironies that make them fun, enjoyable and different from the main-series and this is one of them. However in Paper Mario: Sticker Star Bowser doesn't talk at all in that game he just roars and all the stuff you just mentioned.

Well , technically as far as I know he literally never talks . Bubble text is not really talking , he literally just does sounds .

Scott Burns was not a good voice for Bowser.

Jim Perry said:
Mcmadness said:
Scott Burns was not a good voice for Bowser.

Was he the one from SMS or MKDS? Both of those sucked.

He voiced Bowser in every game after sunshine till just before strikers and SPM I think.

Magikrazy said:
Even excluding bubble text, Sunshine has him speak.

Oh whoopsie doopsie , silly me!

I really forgot ''that'' existed.

And then Nintendo saw how sucky it was and went back to having characters saying either short phrases or words or even just sounds.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Well , technically as far as I know he literally never talks . Bubble text is not really talking , he literally just does sounds .

The biggest offense with Sticker Star is knowing that Bowser doesn't have any kind of dialog. And what's even weirder is seeing Petey Piranha have dialog, because he's supposed to be a character who lacks the ability to talk properly, as shown in Mario Super Sluggers.

Mario Super Sluggers
Petey_slugggers_flowerpot.jpg

Paper Mario: Sticker Star
ShinyPeteyTime.png

MnSG said:
The biggest offense with Sticker Star is knowing that Bowser doesn't have any kind of dialog.
the fact that colour splash gave bowser dialogue is what initially drew my attention tbh

To be fair, he talked while he was under effects of the crown, and that was the only time in the entire Mario series he spoke.

do you think there is a pretty well detailed map of the mushroom kingdom, the entire planet, etc.?

Back