post any random Mario thought on your mind

Well Walkazo drew one, but I don't know where to find that again.

As officially, I don't think there is. Mushroom Kingdom always changes its locations around each game.

Bloody hell for being such a welcoming and lighthearted franchise Mario attracts some really rotten people to it's fanbase.

Nobody on this site mind you, yall are cool beans.

It's pretty much a correlation that the bigger a fanbase, the more diverse opinions that we get, and therefore the likelier chance we'll have opinions that clash. Bigger fanbases also mean there's going to be a bigger percentage of vocal elitist *bleep*s who think their tastes and opinions are superior than others.

Regarding Mario series game and not characters, I think the Mario RPG fanbase has the most contrary folks thanks to recent official decisions that split apart the fanbase.

Mario platformer fanbase would rank second among toxicity, but again, official decisions were made that split apart the fanbase too.

I think the rest of the Mario franchise series fanbases are okay at worst, ala Mario Party, Mario Kart, Mario Sports. Those games don't attract as much discussion and are more humble than the two aforementioned single-player oriented franchises. But then again, they didn't suffer through crap that heavily split apart the fanbase, and even with a schism in the Mario Party series since 9, I don't think it'll ever be as bad as the schism that Paper Mario: Sticker Star helped create.

Furthermore, I completely know what you're talking about Mcmadness. The problem is, GameFrax is known for having very toxic users.

Oh sure I can understand that but goddamn some people are just really vitriol towards other people.

That's just how the internet is and what anonymity turns people into. You think people shitposting in GameFAQs was bad enough? People get countlessly harassed on the internet for their gender and posting very unpopular opinions, to the point where their livelyhood is at stake. Metabombing the Metacritic user reviews is what happens when a mob wants to hate a game that doesn't suit their expectations. Professional reviewers got DDoS'd for writing reviews that are contrary to mob opinion, case in point being Jim Sterling's No Man's Sky review page being DDoS'd or Martin Gaston from Gamespot getting harassed for giving The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds a Game of the Year award.

You think Paper Mario fans are bad, well at least they're all bark and no bite compared to some of these awful people.

I still remember the Mario Kart 8 times where I've had Rosalina use the Biddybuggy. Why some people think that Rosalina should not be using that kart has often baffled me.

If anything, Baby Luigi is the one should be not using the Biddybuggy.

800px-P-WingKartFront.jpg

P-Wing ftw

MnSG said:
I still remember the Mario Kart 8 times where I've had Rosalina use the Biddybuggy. Why some people think that Rosalina should not be using that kart has often baffled me.

Hardcore Rosalina fans and 6-year-olds would say:

because shes to small for it obv i mean look she barly fits in it

While essentially everyone else says:

Because people are crazy to think Rosalina shouldn't be in it when it's a game that purposely involves Kart customization.

MnSG said:

I dont think thats the case.

Maybe its the fact that you mention it like EVERY SINGLE TIME that somebody talks about Rosalina and MK8 in the same page.

We get it , you like that combination , is a cute kart.

I like to put DK in the Sports Coupe, as it reminds me of the Honeycoupe from Mario Kart Wii. But in terms of looks, my favorite combo is the Barrel Train with the Wood tires from Mario Kart 7.

Baby Luigi said:
That's just how the internet is and what anonymity turns people into. You think people *bleep*posting in GameFAQs was bad enough? People get countlessly harassed on the internet for their gender and posting very unpopular opinions, to the point where their livelyhood is at stake. Metabombing the Metacritic user reviews is what happens when a mob wants to hate a game that doesn't suit their expectations. Professional reviewers got DDoS'd for writing reviews that are contrary to mob opinion, case in point being Jim Sterling's No Man's Sky review page being DDoS'd or Martin Gaston from Gamespot getting harassed for giving The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds a Game of the Year award.

You think Paper Mario fans are bad, well at least they're all bark and no bite compared to some of these awful people.

Yeah, it's pretty bad to put it simply.

But it doesn't make it any less irritating when people say that I'm a "blight on the franchise and should never play games again" just because I think Mario not having a story is a perfectly legitimate thing to do.

Jim Perry said:
Hardcore Rosalina fans and 6-year-olds would say:

because shes to small for it obv i mean look she barly fits in it

While essentially everyone else says:

Because people are crazy to think Rosalina shouldn't be in it when it's a game that purposely involves Kart customization.

When you look at Bowser though, he seems to have a more difficult time fitting in vehicles than Rosalina does. Of course, his shell can be part of the problem.

Still, nothing will feel as weird are pairing Bowser (or any heavy character) with Mario Kart DS's Mushmellow; you'd think that the Mushmellow will tip over if Bowser gets on that kart.

Bowser just looks awkward in general when it comes to karts. The only time he looked natural in a car was his 3D world car and that's because it was huge.

Sometimes I feel sorry for Rosalina, the moment the poor girl actually shows some happiness or excitement in a game you get a legion of people bitching that it "conflicts with her backstory and personality" or some rubbish like that.

Is it just me or does the name "Flame Runner" sound worse than "Bowser Bike", what it's called in PAL regions? I mean it's a bike that looks like Bowser, what else should you call it?

Mcmadness said:
Sometimes I feel sorry for Rosalina, the moment the poor girl actually shows some happiness or excitement in a game you get a legion of people *bleep*ing that it "conflicts with her backstory and personality" or some rubbish like that.
The problem is that nowdays she seems to only show happiness. If you look at games like Mario Kart 8, she's overly happy all the time. It makes her too similar to Peach (you've said yourself that Rosalina has become what Peach used to be or something like that) and they don't seem to show any of her original personality.

I'd be fine with her being happy if it wasn't for the entire time.

Well the thing with that is we haven't seen her in anything that would require her to be more serious and restrained since galaxy.

Mcmadness said:
Sometimes I feel sorry for Rosalina, the moment the poor girl actually shows some happiness or excitement in a game you get a legion of people *bleep*ing that it "conflicts with her backstory and personality" or some rubbish like that.

I find it very heartwarming that Rosalina has been able to find happiness after all those years. Mario & co. really bring out the best in everyone. My headcanon is that she broke her "100 years" rule because she loves being with them. It's character development.

Ninelevendo said:
Is it just me or does the name "Flame Runner" sound worse than "Bowser Bike", what it's called in PAL regions? I mean it's a bike that looks like Bowser, what else should you call it?

The funny part of the story is that the Wario Bike doesn't even resemble Wario. And for a bike that travels up to 217 mph, and is a fuel hog (based on Brawl's trophy description), in Mario Kart Wii, the Wario Bike ends up being the slowest large vehicle in the game, while also having decent acceleration.

For someone like Wario, who prefers fast vehicles like the Wario Car, Brute, and Dragonfly, it feels ironic that the Wario Bike does not excel in the speed department. At least when it comes to weight, the Wario Bike puts all the other bikes to shame.

Mcmadness said:
Well the thing with that is we haven't seen her in anything that would require her to be more serious and restrained since galaxy.
She's got the whole "mother of the Lumas" thing which makes me expect her to be motherly and responsible and whatnot all the time, not just when she's around Lumas.

I guess that driving on motorbike with a bomb in your hand doesn't suit that personality so they gave her a happy one. I see your point.

MnSG said:
Ninelevendo said:

The funny part of the story is that the Wario Bike doesn't even resemble Wario. And for a bike that travels up to 217 mph, and is a fuel hog (based on Brawl's trophy description), in Mario Kart Wii, the Wario Bike ends up being the slowest large vehicle in the game, while also having decent acceleration.

For someone like Wario, who prefers fast vehicles like the Wario Car, Brute, and Dragonfly, it feels ironic that the Wario Bike does not excel in the speed department. At least when it comes to weight, the Wario Bike puts all the other bikes to shame.
Isn't it called the Wario Bike because it's Wario's Bike? I don't think that it has anything to do with looking like him.

In Double Dash the Wario Car was literally Wario's car, it didn't really look like him either. It's said that the car had to be tuned down to become a viable kart, I guess that the same could be said for the Wario bike?

Mcmadness said:
Yeah, it's pretty bad to put it simply.

But it doesn't make it any less irritating when people say that I'm a "blight on the franchise and should never play games again" just because I think Mario not having a story is a perfectly legitimate thing to do.

The worst I've gotten is people resorting to insulting my character tastes but it's mostly from idiots who were extremely provocative in the first place.

Hoo boy car stuff.

Someone at Nintendo is stupid for thinking the Badwagon, a car body designed to look like it was built for speed, does not increase your speed stat. They should have designed a pick-up truck body instead, we don't have any pick-up truck karts.

Back