post any random Mario thought on your mind

Lemmy is way too big, Roy is too small, and Wendy's mouth looks like the Pillsbury Dough Boy imo

ugh why did they do that

I would have just done traditional color palette changes and made the Koopalings an assist or a hazard on a stage based on the airships from Mario 3.

Cat Gray said:
Lemmy is way too big, Roy is too small, and Wendy's mouth looks like the Pillsbury Dough Boy imo

Roy's head. Just...look at it compared to his body.

Would it kill them, to, I don't know, at least adjust bone animations for individual Koopaling? I can make a one-slot correct size and proportions Baby Luigi over Luigi in Smash Bros. Brawl, this should be possible with these doofuses too.

Borp said:
Lemmy looks a teensy bit too big but the rest look fine. How is it "terrible"?
Lemmy is clearly stretched to fit in Bowser Jr's skeleton. Roy's proportions look off. Even if they do fit Bowser Jr.'s skeleton, their entire body has to be rescaled so they are nearly the same size as Bowser Jr. even though in actuality, their sizes differ by a lot.

Not just their sizes, their proportions get affected as well

I was fighting Big Massif X in the Battle Ring in Dream Team the other day. I was on my last legs, and any attack I would have made would take out his Hooraws, and I was on way too low a level to defend that sort of thing.

I used a Mystery Box and it did 30 damage on him. He was defeated.

Happiest moment of my gaming history.

Borp said:
Lemmy looks a teensy bit too big but the rest look fine. How is it "terrible"?
I think that's a bit of an understatement. Lemmy 's proportions make him look bigger than the other koopalings, when rescaled to fit BJ.

I miss old Mario Party music.

I like new Mario Party music too tho

Yeah I don't think nintendo will ever make Mario parties that even compare to the first few. It gets way too gimmicky.

Baby Luigi said:
I like new Mario Party music too tho

I do, but that N64 sound quality just sounded special.

The Pyro Guy said:
Yeah I don't think nintendo will ever make Mario parties that even compare to the first few. It gets way too gimmicky.
Yeah, the first few ten of them were the best.

Then Mario Party 9 came and that damn car ran over the future of Mario Party.

Dr. Mario said:
The Pyro Guy said:
Yeah, the first few ten of them were the best.

Then Mario Party 9 came and that dang car ran over the future of Mario Party.
Didn't Nintendo lose the rights to use the old MP formula for Mario characters? That's how the rumour goes in my places anyway. Apparently the car was Nintendo thinking of something that wouldn't get them sued.

I don't think that's what happened. I think that part of the problem is Hudson stopped existing around the time MP9 was going to be out.

Meta Ridley said:
I don't think that's what happened. I think that part of the problem is Hudson stopped existing around the time MP9 was going to be out.
And ND Cube contains several former Hudson employees. And Hidetoshi Endo, the previous president of Hudson, is the president of ND Cube. I think there was a deliberate design decision, even if ND Cube was an entirely new company.

I'll be honest. I never really thought the MP series was all that great. I just play them with friends now and then and laugh when the game's random aspects just screw us over.

Mcmadness said:
I'll be honest. I never really thought the MP series was all that great. I just play them with friends now and then and laugh when the game's random aspects just screw us over.
I've always found Mario Kart or Smash the better party game tbh.

I think I enjoy Mario Party more than I enjoy the Mario platformers, but to each her own, I guess.

Mario Kart isn't all that great IMO. I emphasize, all Mario Karts need a good Battle Mode to keep it worthwhile; racing gets boring very quickly, but Battle matches keep my attention, and they're the only things I play once I'm generally through with Mario Kart games. Which is why the Mario Kart 8 battle mode didn't get my attention long enough and I don't think I'm going to touch Mario Kart 8 in a long time.

Mario Kart 8 is pretty much dead at this point, even though it desperately needs DLC to keep it going.

I looove Mario Kart 8 though. You'll see me play that damned game at least once a month.

Back