post any random Mario thought on your mind

I'd be ok with that.

One thing I would do if I directed a Mario movie series would be killing off Bowser fairly early on in the series to surprise everyone.

Magikrazy said:
One thing I would do if I directed a Mario movie series would be killing off Bowser fairly early on in the series to surprise everyone.

YOU TRYIN TO MAKE ME ANGRY SON

Relax, big fella. I'd bring him back eventually, but as Dry Bowser.

Also, he would no longer be in command since he's undead. Instead Junior would become the king.

That seems more like a sequel story.

They might have thought of it. I'm sure there is fanart at least.

The plot is kind of cheesy (Yoshevil being the name of the main villain!? :yoshi:) and cliche, but I do like the Sub-Con reference, though.

:luigi: : I wonder what that means...
:mario: I think it means... Go little man go!
:luigi: : Go little man go!
:mario: : Go little man go!

I thought you'd be happy there was an evil Yoshi.

Come to think of it, the items are kind of repetitive (too many items that restore 5-20 HP) and the shine sprite abilities could use some polish, and badges could use more variety. Still has potential if it were real.

Evil yoshi seems more like a minion than a main antagonist.

Either series actually.

Female Soldier said:
:luigi: : I wonder what that means...
:mario: I think it means... Go little man go!
:luigi: : Go little man go!
:mario: : Go little man go!
Funny how Luigi doesn't mistake the little man as a cow.

Sometimes I wonder if the concept of rapid successive microgames would have been successful if it relied on its original cast. I am of course referring to the WarioWare series without Wario's branding. Although some people attributed Wario's popularity to this game's existence, reading one source led me to believe that it's just Nintendo following the philosophy of finding a suitable character for their new game concepts. In this case, Wario was the lucky one to headline Nintendo's microgame concept. Based on the reason I recall, it's because of the randomness of this concept, and Wario was perceived as being stupid, so he was seen as a good fit.

When it comes to the guy or girl that ties the zany cast together, I am not sure who would it be. It couldn't have been Ashley (aka the most popular WarioWare character) since she debuted later than the first game. I am guessing that 9-Volt could possibly be the main character because of his obsession with games.

Thanks for reading.

I think Wario was chosen since his games had a certain level of whackiness not prevalent in the normal Mario games.

Mcmadness said:
I think Wario was chosen since his games had a certain level of whackiness not prevalent in the normal Mario games.

http://archive.videogamesdaily.com/features/ncl_nintendo_wwiv_apr06_p2.asp

In this link, taken from MarioWiki, according to what the developers said: "we couldn't think of anyone else who would be best for the role. Wario is always doing stupid things and is really idiotic, so we thought him and the rest of the characters would be best for the game."

This lines up with my memory that Wario being perceived as stupid, which I have to say is not on my top things when it comes to describing Wario.

Looking at this fact, I think that the other characters that Wario associated with used to be considered as the main character, but Wario has a bigger presence than the new faces you see in the group (which is probably why Wario headlines the series). Again, I wonder what happens if Wario doesn't headline this series and let someone else do it (or have the whole group represent it).

Thanks for reading.

Yeah, many things come to mind when it comes to Wario.

Stupid isn't one of em.

For me, "stupid" is one of Wario's defining traits. Like, that's the first thing that comes to mind. "Farty" is the second.

Not sure why when he's never really done anything stupid.

I wouldn't say "stupid" exactly, but wario is definitely a goofy character. The Wario Lands require Wario to progress by essentially hurting himself, and Japanese promo material have always associated him with slapstick and grossout humor.

Back