post any random Mario thought on your mind

So i recently was trying to design something with a little feel of an app interface, and i was just thinking of something i like a lot to be inspired by...

i ended up designing a small page about Rosalina.

TYnQjiC.png

Swiftie_Luma said:
So i recently was trying to design something with a little feel of an app interface, and i was just thinking of something i like a lot to be inspired by...

i ended up designing a small page about Rosalina.

TYnQjiC.png

It seems that you misspelled strength on that image.

Could be worse.

Could be written in french.

Tangle The Lemur said:
Wow, I am so slow to get jokes.
Beyond just being cool, the Fire Flower powers is a ... pun.
You see, when someone grabs one, they throw fire, they're literal flame throwers
If it makes you feel any better, you just blew my mind.

Remember how happy Yoshi looked on his Mach Bike?
Yoshi_Artwork_-_Mario_Kart_Wii.png

Now, with Mario Kart 8, despite the return of bikes, he seemed to have changed his favorite vehicle class: his artwork has him driving the Mach 8
Yoshi_Artwork_-_Mario_Kart_8.png

and his stamp has him driving the Standard Bike
MK8DX_Yoshi_Stamp.png

So, was this happiness while driving sport bikes a short-lived passion?

Let's investigate!
Pennington.PNG

In Mario Kart 8, how happy does he look on a kart?
3XeyVaJ.jpg

Quite happy, not that much, though

let's give him a standard bike:
G9fMpit.jpg

Nah, too focused on his upcoming challenge

Maybe the novelty of ATVs will make him glad?
g1nOypV.jpg

Nope!

So, let's try the sport bikes, but at this point it's a lost cause...
78zNKBh.jpg

Wowza! Now he's happy!

And after all, what is actually the Yoshi Bike?
gYJ7bTf.jpg

Yup, it's a sport bike!

FINAL VERDICT

:yoshi: +
MK8_Sport_Bike_Body_Icon_Inverted.png
= :birdo:

Must...resist...

must...resist....

Baby Luigi said:
Must...resist...

must...resist....
I do reckon that it's quite difficult to resist when the first image literally puts Yoshi's behind in front of your face.

The worst part of it is that I actually think that's the best artwork of Mario Kart Wii...

I don't mind artwork showing Yoshi's ass actually, it gives me material to work with when I want to replace Yoshi's HUD in games.

Mister Wu said:
Baby Luigi said:
Must...resist...

must...resist....
I do reckon that it's quite difficult to resist when the first image literally puts Yoshi's behind in front of your face.

The worst part of it is that I actually think that's the best artwork of Mario Kart Wii...
Is it bad that I initially thought of that, but somehow convinced myself it was actually with "So Happy" so I was initially proud my mind went to that first?

I mean, technically, the post is about Yoshi being happier when riding sport bikes, which I find being a neat touch of Mario Kart 8 recalling said artwork of Mario Kart Wii, I don't think the forums deserve a post on Yoshi's bright underbelly area that spans from the lower part of the muzzzle till the tail and was so nicely displayed in said first artwork...

I'm looking through Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam's files and came across this leftover from Dream Team--- a Mushrise Park battle map. It even still has animations for those things that blow in the wind. Also it's amusing how the battle maps in DT and PJ are curved, almost like they're part of a Galaxy-style planet.

pb0QGM5.png

It's probably slightly different because it's an NPC model rather than a playable one.

Weird, usually, NPC models are the one are lower quality, not playable ones.

NPC Rosalina has brighter textures, a more accurate face and it's thinner.

Playable Rosalina has more saturated textures and her face is slightly different, and she is thicker than the NPC.

The NPC reminds me of Galaxy more, she has a noticeably more stoic and calm face to me.

NuYnv42.gif

So, I think everyone is well acquainted with the princessses of the series, but as for Princes? The only one that returns time and time again is Bowser Jr.
Prince Peasly gets the second best treatment due to getting a remake and some passing references.

Mallow got the boot due to Square Enix mumbo jumbo and doesn't even get cameos like Geno did.

Dreambert had a cameo since Dreamteam but that's it.

And does anybody even remember Prince Pine?

Tangle The Lemur said:
So, I think everyone is well acquainted with the princessses of the series, but as for Princes? The only one that returns time and time again is Bowser Jr.
Prince Peasly gets the second best treatment due to getting a remake and some passing references.

Mallow got the boot due to Square Enix mumbo jumbo and doesn't even get cameos like Geno did.

Dreambert had a cameo since Dreamteam but that's it.

And does anybody even remember Prince Pine?
Probably because 3/4ths of those princes appear in an RPG while Pine only appeared in an obscure spinoff (same with King Fret who's of the rarer "kings who aren't evil/work for Bowser" species)
And even then, Nintendo seems hesitant to directly call Bowser Jr. a prince as well. I think over the course of the series, I think he's only been called a prince 3 times (Smash, Mario Kart Arcade, and Minion Quest). Every other time it's some variant of "King Bowser's son".

So, I recently got Monopoly Gamer: Collector's Edition and wanted to look at the manual which has the characters' bios.

Look at this! They even have the bios of Tanooki Mario, Fire Mario and Boos!
FoAJqdr.png

So, all excited, I went on the pages of the bosses to see the curent bios of Larry, Morton, Wendy, Iggy, Roy, Lemmy, Ludwig and Bowser Jr.. The result?
K2VxwBK.png

325OMC5.png

innIqyn.png
3hoBrXu.png
fXC3aPV.png
iyHOtT0.png
kiLCGxz.png
P5gQW71.png
f9YIsox.png

The individual "bios" of the first seven little Bowsers are:
Level

Rules to fight them

What you win if you beat them

how many points they are worth

i.e. they don't have any bio at all, only Bowser Jr. does.

The bio of the group is "The Little Bowsers are seven among the most dangerous, evil and nefarious minions of Bowser. These characters are devoutly loyal to Bowser. Most of them wield magic wands, which are used to wreak incredible havoc."

Back