fuzzy_by_binarystep-d9ng8jq.png

mr__i_by_binarystep-d9ng8ku.png

swordling_by_binarystep-d9ng8q4.png

does the candle one have a name

btw these are very good, keep up the good work

Mary Berry said:
does the candle one have a name

btw these are very good, keep up the good work

Sword, actually, and it isn't named yet (though I have a placeholder filename).

(on a sorta related note, I'll probably have a candle enemy that spawns Hot Foots.)

Also, updated Spooky:

spooky_by_binarystep-d9nkb7q.png

Improved the shading a bit.

New enemy:

needlenose_by_binarystep-d9nxl7t.png

Needlenoses will be a lot like Crystal Bits, they'll only be spawned by certain enemies (e.g. Wild Ptooie Piranhas), they'll only have 1 HP/1 ATK, and they won't give any EXP/Coins after battle.

Some random info:
  • Coin Bandits will reappear, only instead of carrying Red Coins, they'll drop way more coins after battle than regular Bandits (they'll also run away from you on the overworld).
  • Nep-Enuts will reappear, like in the early screenshots of Paper Mario.
  • You'll be able to get items back after they're stolen by enemies.

brace yourself because I'm going to like the hell outta these awesome sprites man! keep up the good job!

whirly_fly_guy_by_binarystep-d9pdlp6.png

Edited the Fly Guy into a Whirly Fly Guy. It'll drop a ton of coins when defeated (and have a chance of dropping an Ultra Shroom), but it'll run away from battle pretty quickly.

These look great! You definitely got the original Paper Mario style down.

Fangame will be released when?
Also I love all of these sprites, especially the shaman.

So, not a sprite update (I'll have something in a bit though), but a question about the fangame in general:

Would anyone mind too much if I added a world map to make going between locations faster, or would that be too different from the "normal" Paper Mario style?

(note that it wouldn't replace the ability to go directly to locations on the overworld like in Sticker Star, it'd be on the pause menu or something)

Back